yet another sad internet problem :)

opeeum

1 post in this topic

I'm trying to use the Motorola SurfBoard 5101 (SB5101) comcast cable modem with my iatkos mac; this modem is connected to my mac by USB.

After plugging in the cable modem, under 'network' in system preferences, i do see this device as 'connected', and it has a self-assigned IP address that does not allow for internet connection; also i cannot refresh the nonworking ip address to a working one by pressing any buttons in the 'network' tab

On system start up with -v option, i see that a appleusbcdc.kext report that my ethernet address is 00:00:00:00:00:00, which prompted me to set the correct MAC address by doing: ifconfig en0 ether ____, where for ____ i entered the MAC address of the SB5101 modem as i saw it in windows

This still doesn't work because on reboot, my ethernet address is still shown as 00:00:00:00:00:00.

I am sure I did not install any internet related kext after my iatkos installation. And even tho I also have Intel Pro 100/ve, i did not install the AppleIntel8255x.kext since I don't think intel pro 100/ve has anything to do wth my cable modem anyway

please help, thanks all, i've been trying to correct this for couple of days, i used google so much that i happily found the site that teaches how to pirate vista, which i shall try! lol