Firefox Performance

eightballx

22 posts in this topic

Hey,

My first post on the OSX for x86 Forums! (people exclusive to classicbeta wont know me, OSBA members will)

So i was wondering how performance of Firefox Compiled for OSx86 is?

Is it as fast as PPC/x86 slightly slower?

Please reply

-=eightballx=-

if you're asking  the users here then we would really never know unless it is already possible to install mac osx86 in normal PCs (which currently isn't possible) or wait for ekylypse to purchase the dev kit...

I didn't quite understand that...lol

It runs about the same, faster than Safari, definitly faster than IE6+7 about the same as windows.

They could do some tinkering with the way the images are rendered though.

• 2 weeks later...

I find it to be a bit slugish. At least the native osx86 version. Safari beats it by far. Haven't tried the ppc version yet. I find ppc versions to work ok, except that I only have about 768 MB of ram and it does slow down the rosetta process, specially because my card is not supported and the cpu has to do a lot sharing with the video. Overall the system feels better than my macmini.

My firefox performance is slow and sluggish. The scrolling moves slow and little and when u click on something the lag is annoying. Safari is ok but it isnt as fast than using windows xp. Everything else though is alright and fast but the internet is kinda laggy. I dont know why because browsing through the os is fast but opening it makes it hang and stuff.

My firefox performance is slow and sluggish.  The scrolling moves slow and little and when u click on something the lag is annoying.  Safari is ok but it isnt as fast than using windows xp.  Everything else though is alright and fast but the internet is kinda laggy.  I dont know why because browsing through the os is fast but opening it makes it hang and stuff.

Here too, i use deer park now, sort of clone of ff. ff took ages to start. DP is much faster. But the speed can compare to ff on the pc wich is 10 times faster.

• 2 months later...

here the lastest build of x86 firefox is just amazing

runs better and more faster than the official firefox on windows :(:o

i'm using the lastest compiled from Josh (guy who give us the first build of deerpark)

• 1 month later...
here the lastest build of x86 firefox is just amazing

runs better and more faster than the official firefox on windows :blink::o

i'm using the lastest compiled from Josh (guy who give us the first build of deerpark)

hello carbon, where is the link for firefox osx86?? :)

thanks

mutahir

hi carbon...

i went to this url to get the firefox for osx86 : http://wiki.mozilla.org/Mac:Intel

it comes out as 'DeerPark'

still its firefox though :)

Regards