Restart, all the time?

Thao

7 posts in this topic

I've been trying to get my sound working (Sigmatel 9250) on my Gateway MT6821 laptop.

I'm running OSX 1.4.8 JaS release. I didn't apply any of the audio kexts when installing, and I downloaded the 1.20 version of the HDA Patcher.

I drag the proper SigmaTel9250.txt file onto the Turtle face, I enter my password, and it tells me to restart. I do, nothing happens.

I've searched a bit, but has anyone else had this problem and what is there to do about it?

I'm not too sure if I have to post any logs, or how to do that. :s

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

EDIT: And by restart, I mean the evil gray square appears that tells me to hold my power button down. The one that usually appears when there's an error.

Edited by Taruga
JAS 4.8 has a buggy kernel, it´s not AppleHDA Patcher fault. Try to use other mach_kernel from Mifki, Daemons, etc

1.4.8? That's classic! Me want it! :P

The FAQ Thread has all the instructions on how to make a linux dump -http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=74937

Good luck

Wow, I feel stupid. I must have missed the "0" key there.

I don't see how it would be different if I made my own linux dump, I'm using this:

http://psykopat.free.fr/apple/AppleHDA/sig...igmatel9250.txt

Which is the exact model of my card, but it goes to the deathly screen when I drag onto the turtle (it's not already running)

Would it be different if I made my own? If so, why does that one exist?

EDIT: Not to sound rude, thank you for your help. :)

Well I too would recomend getting a linux dump from a live cd that gives you sound...

Just because you have an alc260 (example) and I have one .. It doesnt mean that the linux dump I have would be identicle the the linux dump that your machine generates... If fact I have tried 6 different dumps all for the same chip and none of them work for me... and they are all substantually different in pin complex and stuff...

Cheers,

Paul

It's interesting, because these are the exact same symptoms that 10.4.8 showed me when I still had it.

I too also have a 9250 card. There are two things you need to do.

1) Use AppleHDA 1.16. Any version above that hasn't worked for me. While you may only get output, it's still sound.

2) It's crashing because of 64bit mode. If you restart OSx86 with the "-legacy" tag, it'll keep it in 32bit mode. Doing this made the patcher functional for me.

It's interesting, because these are the exact same symptoms that 10.4.8 showed me when I still had it.

I too also have a 9250 card. There are two things you need to do.

1) Use AppleHDA 1.16. Any version above that hasn't worked for me. While you may only get output, it's still sound.

2) It's crashing because of 64bit mode. If you restart OSx86 with the "-legacy" tag, it'll keep it in 32bit mode. Doing this made the patcher functional for me.

-legacy worked WONDERS.

Oh my god.

Do you know how amazing you are?

I've been trying to figure this out for weeks.

I completely, TOTALLY, owe you.

Seriously.

Thank you SO much. :wacko: