Kalyway Welcome screens loops forever!

MACLeos98

23 posts in this topic

First of all I would like to say that Kalyway's disk is the only disk which has taken my installation as far as it is now. I could not get to this point with the other disks, and for that Thanks!!Now my problem, I installed Kalyway on a secondary SATA HDD on my XPS 410 and everything went smoothly, took the DVD out and rebooted (It kept rebooting to my windows HDD so I just turned that HDD off in the BIOS for now) I can see the nice introduction with the welcome in all those languages, I select can my country, Keyboard and then I choose not to transfer anything and that is when it goes nuts! At first the computer seems as if it was doing something for about a minute and then it starts the introduction again. I been doing this for about ten times but the loop keeps on going. Has anybody else experience this problem? I looked in the forum for this type of problem but found nothing. can someone please help me with this? I really want to get this thing going, Vista is making me crazy!! :wacko: MACLeos98I have decided to re-install, Can some one tell me with options and drivers work best for my type of system in the custom install?Thanks!I decided to re-install Kalyway. Now, can somebody please help me with waht type of options I should select in the customize for my type of system?MACLeos98

I'm having the same problem. I'm using Kalyway DVD too...

In a P4C800 Deluxe mainboard (i875p northbridge, ICH5 southbridge), 2gb of RAM, and GeForce FX5200.

In installation, I choosed a GUID partition, EFI_guid, NVinjection. No Vanilla Kernel.

My ethernet is a onboard 3com, always worked so fine in Tiger (using skge.kext).

I tried to reinstall the all system... 3 times... but... the problem persists... maybe is something in my computer configuration.

Hi

I have had similar experiences with the endless loop on the welcome screen after installation of leopard (have used ToH, Kalyway and my favourite iATKOS which I finally settled on using and has been running great - but I also experienced the same issue with iATKOS too.

I don't know whether this will solve the endless loop for you - but it did for me. So here's how I fixed it.

1. Boot Mac OS X into single user mode (Press the F8 key when first booting and then type -s and press enter)

2. Once single user mode has booted follow the two prompts to check the file system and boot into read/write mode

3. goto the /System/Library/Extensions folder and type the following:

(this is what i typed on my system (I have an Intel GMA950 on board cause of my notebook computer)- could be different on yours depends on your video/ graphics card)

rm -r -f ./AppleIntelGMAX*.* (press enter) (removes GMAX drivers which i didnt need)

mv ./AppleIntel*.* / (press enter)

reboot (press enter)

(wait for the computer to reboot - should boot into welcome screen but will be very very slow - don't worry this is normal.)

Complete the user setup process - should boot into the desktop

Open a terminal session (located in the Utilities folder on the hard drive, which is inside of the Applications folder)

Type the following:

sudo -s (press enter)

( your password ) (press enter)

mv /AppleIntel*.* /System/Library/Extensions (press enter)

rm -r -f /System/Library/extensions.mkext

reboot

you now should be OK (fingers crossed)

Cheers

Troy

:P

Yes, I also experienced this. The fix was to do this:

1) Boot up, and hit a key (or F8, depending on your Darwin Bootloader).

2) Type in "-s" (NO quotes!) and press enter.

3) Once booted it will tell you to do two things, do them. (You can put them on a single line by using &&: fck && mount [use what they say, I can't recall from memory.])

4) When those commands finish you will (should?) have access to your HDD under /Volumes, so navigate there now: cd "/Volumes/NAME-OF-YOUR-VOLUME-HERE/var/db/" (WITH quotes!)

5) Execute the command: touch .AppleSetupDone

6) Then run: passwd

7) It will ask you for the new password for the user "root." If it doesn't then try "passwd root" instead.

8) The passwords in *nix* OSs are not repeated back to you with asterisks for security purposes. Do not be afraid to type a password, I will assume you use the password: "password."

9) Confirm that OS X is telling you that the password was changed.

10) Keep executing "exit" until it boots into Leopard.

11) Login using the following: username: root password: password

Enjoy! :P

I would have appreciated all of these solutions before I decided to re-install. Thanks anyway! I'm reinstalling right now and will let you now as soon as I finished with it. One question, When I finished the installation it says to restart the computer. however, I can't not eject the DVD. so when i restart, it tries to install againg. Do I need to take the DVD out before I Restart or I need to let it restart with the DVD in it an let it go thru the whole set up again?

MACLeos98

Easy solution to the ejecting the installation dvd - wait until the system reboots past the POST screen and then press the eject button on your dvd drive.

Or

You could go into your BIOS and disable the boot from CD/DVD ROM from the bootable devices list.

Hope this helps

Troy

PS Thank you for showing me the other way of overcoming this particular issue with the setup screen loop. Ill be sure to put that into my memory bank for future use and reference.

I tried the 2 methods...

Boot in single user mode, and move all AppleIntel kext to other location. (nothing happens... welcome loop persists)

Boot in single user mode and set the root password and the .AppleSetupDone file. But, after the login screen, I put the root user, and my password... and when a blue screen appers, nothing happen. I have no access to Finder (Leopard stil uses Finder?).

I'll try to put the skge.kext in the /System/Libraries/Extensions.

And try to login.

Maybe this problem is because there is no network card found.

I started to install all over again.Kalyway without Vanilla Kernel, only NVinject, and EFI_guid (I'm using GUID partition).Before the first boot, I go into single user mode (-s in boot prompt)Mounted all disk, and copied the skge.kext do the /System/Library/Extensions.Exit... and the user setup goes fine... no more endless loop.The problem with the Welcome loop, is because there is no network to the Mac.But after the user setup, I can't get the Finder... I got a blue static screen again.

Paramount, I encountered the same screen before. I have a feeling it has to do with a faulty MBR method by Kaly, all I did to fix it was use PC_EFI v8: http://www.mediafire.com/?0xxzx0xsumgJust read the readme, it'll tell you what to do. And let me know if this fixes it for you! :)
Thank's I will try it... and answer in some minutes...

Nope. Without success...

I downloaded the PC_EFI v8... went in single user mode...instaled the boot_v8, to my /dev/rdisk0s1

All OK...

But after the system start, it stop in the blue screen... no finder.

Some glue?

Finally I got it to work.

The problem with static blue screen is with my GeForce FX 5200.

I was using NVinject.

I removed it... so I get finder.

I tried Natit. But.. same problem... static blue screen, without finder.

Someone is using a AGP Geforce FX5200 with Kalyway 10.5.1 ??

Hello again guys!

Ok, I'm back at the starting point. I been trying to re-install Kalyway for the ~10th time now and have not been able to get a successful installation yet. I always get a “Installation Failed” or when is says that it was successful, after re-booting I get “b0 error”. My next step is to do an installation without any of the drivers. Any other suggestions? I’ll post later

thanks for all the help.

MACLeos98

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Got the same problem with the loops, but when I tried the command "touch .AppleSetupDone" it says "Read-only filesystem" :lol:

What did I wrong? Anybody an idea?

Edit:

3) Once booted it will tell you to do two things, do them. (You can put them on a single line by using &&: fck && mount [use what they say, I can't recall from memory.])

Forgot this..

<- Noob

Works now :wacko:

Tried Caleb's solution but ran into a problem.

When I type in the two commands, "/sbin/fsck -f" and "/sbin/mount -uw", it says that my drive is locked. Therefore, I cannot access my mac os volume. Any ideas on how to get around this?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Rather new at this.

Thx caleb for help with the Welcome loop problem.

Know I have som other problems, but think those are problems are for other treads.. but anyway....

How do I fix Ethernet driver ? sorry for the noob question.'

//k-LIVe

• 2 months later...
Yes, I also experienced this. The fix was to do this:

1) Boot up, and hit a key (or F8, depending on your Darwin Bootloader).

2) Type in "-s" (NO quotes!) and press enter.

4) When those commands finish you will (should?) have access to your HDD under /Volumes, so navigate there now: cd "/Volumes/NAME-OF-YOUR-VOLUME-HERE/var/db/" (WITH quotes!)

5) Execute the command: touch .AppleSetupDone

6) Then run: passwd

7) It will ask you for the new password for the user "root." If it doesn't then try "passwd root" instead.

8) The passwords in *nix* OSs are not repeated back to you with asterisks for security purposes. Do not be afraid to type a password, I will assume you use the password: "password."

9) Confirm that OS X is telling you that the password was changed.

10) Keep executing "exit" until it boots into Leopard.

11) Login using the following: username: root password: password

Enjoy! :)

Caleb,

I can't get this to work for me. I think i'm doing it wrong. Do you think you can post specific steps to do this?

Thanks in advance

---------------EDIT------------------

Never mind! got it!

• 2 years later...

:):):) ---MAIN STEPS--- :thumbsup_anim:^_^;)

[1] First Install Mac Os X,

[2] then Windows,

[3] then Install Easy bcd software in Windows for Dual booting,

[4] then Add windows and Mac Os X entries in boot menu and restart PC,

[5] then choose Mac Os X in Boot menu & press f8,

[6] then choose single user mode in Mode menu.

---WELCOME LOOP PROBLEM STEPS---

[1] first press "-s" in darwin loader menu,(if Easy Bcd not installed)

[2] then write following in command prompt "/sbin/fsck -fy && /sbin/mount -uw /"(without quotes),

[3] then write "touch /var/db/.AppleSetupDone" (without quotes),

[4] then run "passwd root" in command prompt menu (without quotes),

[5] then write your password and rewrite to confirm (your password will not be visible, but it will be written),

[6] then write "exit" to reboot (without quotes),

[7] you have solved the problem.....Enjoy.

----Solved by Ishaque Prime---

NOTE:- For Any Problems Contact me on [ optimus_prime5250@yahoo.com ].

post-709743-1293683266_thumb.jpg