Intel Wireless 2100, 2200bg, 2915bg, 3945abg, 4965agn

jalavoui

3,411 posts in this topic

Hello,i have question. Im on 10.4.5. with 2200 BG. I installed from code.google... the stable driver,all is fine. After reboot i go to network selector and all works fine. It detects my router SWEEX LW050 and asks pasw after that its getting ip adres and shows NO INTERNET CONNECTION. Airport didnot show also. Where is problem ? Is it driver or computer or my router ? I tryed to ping that ip what shows in netselector and all is fine but still no internet adress. My laptop is Aopen 1551 with 512mb ram and1.3 celeron. Some help ?

Hi i'm new here ... sorry for my english (i'm italian) ... since a lot of tries with iwi3945 i've found something:

i have an asus a6jc and i started my hackintosh with iatkos 10.5.5 few mounths ago but nothing to do with iwi3945,

the card is listed in network preferences but network selector won't list my wifi networks, so i installed iDeneb 10.5.6, do the same things with iwi3945.kext and magically i was able to scan my wifi networks, after iDeneb combo update 10.5.8 i came back on the same thing ... no wifi results ... i don't know why ... so i bought a d-link dwl-g122 and i was able to connect but yesterday a strange thing happened ... i pressed down for a few seconds (5 - 6 seconds) Fn+F2 and my usb mouse went so slow ... very slowl ... i plugged out my d-link and my system freezed but surprisely my intel wifi led turn on ... unfurtunately after reboot nothing changed and now i'm back to initial state but if i repeat the same thing, my system freeze and my led turn on.

i don't know if this can be useful but i don't found nothing about that in google.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

installed iwi3945 last release from iwidarwin.

If I boot with the wireless switch on, boot ok but no results at all: no card in the pref pane and nothing hapens with the network selector (can't find my network).

if I boot with the switch off: kernel panic.

dmesg.txt

ioreg.txt

system.txt

Keep on testing!

HP dv6366ea

Intel centrino duo T5300, 1,73ghz • Ram 2Gb DDR 533Mhz • HD Hitachi SATA 160 Gb • Nvidia Geforce GO 7400, 128 Mb • Firewire 400 mb • DVD TSST TS L632D • conexant Cx20549Venice • WiFi intel 3945abg • ethernet

I tried hacking the IO802 as someone else mentioned and it didn't do anything, my dmesg looks like all should be wellIOPCCard info: iwl3945: Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG/BG Network Connection driver for Linux, 1.2.23d

IOPCCard info: iwl3945: Copyright© 2003-2007 Intel Corporation

ieee80211_alloc_hw [OK]

PCI device enabled [OK]

IOPCCard info: iwl3945: Detected Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

init_waitqueue_head stubbed out!

IOPCCard debug: wmaster1: Selected rate control algorithm 'iwl-3945-rs'

PCI device enabled [OK]

__ IN iwl3945_alive_start __

IOPCCard info: iwl3945: Tunable channels: 11 802.11bg, 13 802.11a channels

Sending RXON

* without RXON_FILTER_ASSOC_MSK

* channel = 1

* bssid = 00:00:00:00:00:00

__ OUT iwl3945_alive_start __

IOPCCard debug: HW CONFIG: channel=1 freq=2412 phymode=3

Sending RXON* without RXON_FILTER_ASSOC_MSK

* channel = 1

* bssid = 00:00:00:00:00:00

no netif_running

Someone called createOutputQueue()

darwinp_iowwie3r9 4s5t:a:tceo n(figur1e)I

nterface()

That sounds more like the iwidarin drivers, it finds it successfully and gets stats. So it's some issue with OSX not recognizing it as a wifi, but the underlying unix does.

Last Mercurysquad's message on Facebook this morning:

"WOW guys it does NOT mean the driver is ready -- I meant the 3945 laptop is here for this week SO I'm gonna try and finish the driver by next weekend cuz it's so much easier now."

It's time for 3945! ;)