Legit Windows 7 Screens!

apowerr

52 posts in this topic

Actually, the dock is pretty useless for task switching. What if you have more than one Window open in an app? You also don't know which Windows are which, because you can't see them.

Yeah, seriously the dock is awful for window switching.

I counted all the windows I have open....27. It would be almost impossible to see the names of any of the icons, because there is no way a single layer Taskbar can use 27 icons, nor a double layered one.

Uh, no? The dock is a cluttered mess there, just like the taskbar. Except with the dock you can't see a live preview of the window, and if you have more than window open for that application, it's not easy to open just one. And the dock doesn't even display Finder windows the same way them windows does, so that's also a pain. Window switching in OS X without Expose is horrible.

By the way, in Windows when you have more multiple windows open for the same task, they group together. Here I have 10 Explorer windows grouped:

explorergroupwq1.png

However, there was always Command-Tab - which was ripped off from Windows.

Indeed it was. However Command+Tab only shows the application, not all of it's windows. Does Command+Tab have live window previews? I cannot remember. In 10.4 it just shows the icon for the application.

Indeed it was. However Command+Tab only shows the application, not all of it's windows. Does Command+Tab have live window previews? I cannot remember. In 10.4 it just shows the icon for the application.

You're right. No previews - What did I do before Expose came along in 10.3?! I must have been confusing it with Vista's task switcher and XP with PowerSwitch... Odd.