will this work with an ALC200 ?

simcolor

simcolor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Hi:

I've a Realtek 262 audio on my sony vaio nr270, subsystem is 104D2800. The built-in speaker works out of the box, but the headphone and mic don't. I've tried the 800 series attached files, but doesn't work. Here are some specs

From Windows Device manager, I got
sound card: realtek HDAUDIO
\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_104D2800&REV_1001

I've tried AzaliaAudio, which works but w/o headphone and mic.
The attached file will make the headphone & mic shows up in system-preference pane, but it still won't work.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Steven2k7

Steven2k7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
How do I figure out which driver I need? I dont know where I find my sub system ID, or what ever it is I need to figure out. The only thing I could find was under Audio, and it shows the Device ID is 0x103C300CC.

Its for a HP DV 9700t, with dual microphones, dual headphone jacks, and stereo speakers. Thats all I know to say, except I just know it shows up in Vista as HD-Audio.

justixia

justixia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Ladies and lads I would like to introduce to you functioning ALC262 drivers with headphone, internal speakers & Mic Input support. (AKA) A Realtek High Definition Audio driver.

Update: Choose the appropriate ALC262_XXX.txt file by matching it up to the last 3 digits of your Subsystem ID, Install it using Taruga's patcher :wacko: by dragging & dropping the ALC262_XXX.txt file onto the patcher, rebooting and checking to see if your mic, speakers and headphones are working. If they are you can stop here :) but if the Mic is still not working then download the appropriate 262_XXX.zip file, extract it and perform the following steps.

1st. go to /System/Library/Extensions/
2nd . Backup then delete the file called AppleAzaliaAudio.kext (if you find it) if not its okay. now do the same to the file called AppleHDA.kext.
3rd. drag and drop the contents of my zipped file into the Extensions folder.
4th. Start up terminal & type in the following commands without the numbers or "enter"
5th. sudo -s "enter"
6th. Put your password "enter"
7th. cd /System/Library/Extensions "enter"
8th. chmod -R 755 AppleHDA.kext "enter"
9th. chown -R root:wheel AppleHDA.kext "enter"
10th. chmod -R 755 ALCinject.kext "enter"
11th. chown -R root:wheel ALCinject.kext "enter"
12th. now brows to "System/Library" and delete Extensions.kextcache & Extensions.mkext. (leopard users will only need to delete Extensions.mkext.)
13th. (for leopard users only!) open disk utility and repair permissions.
14th. close terminal, reboot & enjoy.

I hope this works for you. I offer no promises of any kind so if it blows up your computer don't try to sue me (That's what you get for running OSX on a PC).

Ps. I realize every chip is not listed such as my chip (ALC262_600). But since all the files work just fine for me I choose to use the ALC262_F00 driver because I find it to be the best sounding driver for my system.

HI and Thanks for this, bit confused though I better post my Device ID as I don't seem to make it happen sadly:

I got: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_104D1600 and this should say that I definitely got an ALC262 codec chip is taht right?

Then I open the UAA Bus Driver for HD Audio and read:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS_8212104D a

UPDATE 2

reinstalled Leo4All v3 backuped AuppleHDAudio.mkext and tried the alc262_F00 with taruga patch 1.20, the patch goes ok (or so it seems) speakers at 20 12 2 and headphone 21 12 3........nothing, no output or input device

Then the http://forum.insanel...&...st&p=263409 mnaul method, nothing
Download every patch and package but the alc262_headphone_speakers zip could not install because of unsouported codec error but manage to install mkext with the kexthelper b7 (??????????) again...nux!

Really desperate now, I may give up until someone can spot me a solution, I'm sure I may miss something but sincerely don't know where i'm wrong.

HELP! :)

simcolor

simcolor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

How do I figure out which driver I need? I dont know where I find my sub system ID, or what ever it is I need to figure out. The only thing I could find was under Audio, and it shows the Device ID is 0x103C300CC. Its for a HP DV 9700t, with dual microphones, dual headphone jacks, and stereo speakers. Thats all I know to say, except I just know it shows up in Vista as HD-Audio.

Hey steven2k7:if you still have vista, you can look into device manager, and look into the "advanced" tab or whatever, and it will show you a string containing the subsystem information. BTW: you mean you have a system with two earphone jacks, and two mic jacks?

HI and Thanks for this, bit confused though I better post my Device ID as I don't seem to make it happen sadly:I got: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_104D1600 and this should say that I definitely got an ALC262 codec chip is taht right?Then I open the UAA Bus Driver for HD Audio and read:PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS_8212104D aUPDATE 2 reinstalled Leo4All v3 backuped AuppleHDAudio.mkext and tried the alc262_F00 with taruga patch 1.20, the patch goes ok (or so it seems) speakers at 20 12 2 and headphone 21 12 3........nothing, no output or input device Then the http://forum.insanel...&...st&p=263409 mnaul method, nothing Download every patch and package but the alc262_headphone_speakers zip could not install because of unsouported codec error but manage to install mkext with the kexthelper b7 (??????????) again...nux! Really desperate now, I may give up until someone can spot me a solution, I'm sure I may miss something but sincerely don't know where i'm wrong. HELP! :wacko:

Hi justixia:I haven't got it work myself, but you mentioned something I didn't know before, maybe that's the point I missed. The UAA Bus Driver part, how do we use that information? Can you kindly point me to a reference post?Another thing is that, I noticed you have a subsystem id 104d1600, and you downloaded alc262_F00, maybe you can try alc262_600. Since the instruction in the post said alc262_xxx, xxx=the last 3 digit of your subsystem id. Just my 2 cents~

Steven2k7

Steven2k7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Thanks for the reply simcolor, but I got it figured out. It turns out my laptop was using the alc 228 or something (I'm not at home to check the exact model), but I did get sound fully working. I have 2 headphone jacks and just one mic connector btw.

justixia

justixia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Hey steven2k7:if you still have vista, you can look into device manager, and look into the "advanced" tab or whatever, and it will show you a string containing the subsystem information. BTW: you mean you have a system with two earphone jacks, and two mic jacks?Hi justixia:I haven't got it work myself, but you mentioned something I didn't know before, maybe that's the point I missed. The UAA Bus Driver part, how do we use that information? Can you kindly point me to a reference post?Another thing is that, I noticed you have a subsystem id 104d1600, and you downloaded alc262_F00, maybe you can try alc262_600. Since the instruction in the post said alc262_xxx, xxx=the last 3 digit of your subsystem id. Just my 2 cents~

Simcolor, thanks for your reply, I was away for a while, the post reference is this http://forum.insanel...showtopic=37042
as far as the ALC262_600 text you are right, I should try it, but I cannot spot the 600 text anywhere. is not in this post, the author of this post is using the F00 instead and he's got the alC262_600

Also made a dump out of my card and still not working......

Now I'm running iAtkos 1.0ir2 and got sound working with this release but I cannot check what drivers is using because the 'about this mac' does reset me back to the desktop and can't figure out, unless there is another way of checking it. Would like to update to 10.5.3 but scared to loose the sound

cheers :(

Chris R

Chris R

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Is there a third party app that will allow me to control the volume of andividual channels?

I want to mute the front channel so I don't have sound from both my laptop speakers and external speakers

simcolor

simcolor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Is there a third party app that will allow me to control the volume of andividual channels?

I want to mute the front channel so I don't have sound from both my laptop speakers and external speakers

Yes, I am having the same problem: the headphone and internal speaker are producing sound together.

darith

darith

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok i'll try. i got Lenovo 3000 Y410 (1.83GB) with iATKOS 1.0i.
i'm in Cambodia.
i dun know much about computor.
if something wrong please hepl me.

luck!!

darith

darith

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hi, RX-7-Trainee
i try it but it still no sound come out.
to install it i use kext helper and repair permission and restart. thant right?
my computer can go to sleep but can't wake it back. and sometimes stuck with message "your computer need to restart or hold the power buttom" what the problems and how to solve?
and i do not know which kernel i'm using. please tell me. i'm using iATKOS 1.0i with my Lenovo 3000 Y410 like your.
how about the networkcard? is it work?

please hepl me to make it work fine.... thank
i'm so young on this. never use mac/

waitting you!!!

edwardfromkazan

edwardfromkazan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi everybody!

I have VAIO VGN-G11XRN

sound card: realtek HDAUDIO
\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_104D1800&REV_1001

I installed the kext by kexthelper and detect intenal speakers, bult-in mic, headphones(selected device has no output controls). I can't hear sounds viaintenal speakers but can viaheadphones. What do I need to do solve the problem? Please HELP!

eraserhead77

eraserhead77

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Yes, I am having the same problem: the headphone and internal speaker are producing sound together.

I'm having the same problem on my Sony Vaio. The Heaphones show as having no output controls and they produce no sound. If I choose internal speakers, I get sound from both.

Is there a fix for this yet?

On a positive note, my mic jack seems to be working :dev:

Well no matter what this breaks my shutdown even with the HDAEnabler and the shutdown fix. Time to switch back to AppleAzaliaAudio :jester:

edwardfromkazan

edwardfromkazan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thaks eraserhead77 but it dosn't help me :D

Markm941

Markm941

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Well I installed ALC262_F00.txt, but now the sound in my menu bar has disappeared and when I try to change my volume, the volume box pops up but nothing happens.

http://img291.images...picture1qa1.png

You can see the space where volume should be in my menu bar and the volume box that pops up when I try to change my volume.

joseph8310

joseph8310

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
dear all
my audio is ven_10ec&dev_0262&subsys_17aa3837, i use both of two ways to try, but no sound at all , what can i try to make sound??

pahncrd

pahncrd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Here are the drivers for anyone with a Sony VAIO ux280p. It may work with other UX micro pcs, but I am unable to test it.

http://micropctalk.c...read.php?t=4586

Pochii

Pochii

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I used the ALC262_400 dump and I can confirm that I get sound from both the headphones and the internal speakers correctly (plugging in headphones mutes the internal speaker, just as it should), and I can change the volume. The only problem is that AppleHDA randomly kernel panics on shutdown. :wacko:

Another_

Another_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Hi.i'm on Vaio Fw-160. First thank u for your greate work.
So i try 262_508

Internal speakers - works
Headphone - (shows on system pereferences but no sound,Headphones work only with interlnal speakers)
Internal microphone - works

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_104D2E00&REV_1003

PLS Help
Thnx

coolcfan

coolcfan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Mine is ALC262_590...Who can tell me how to edit my AppleHDA.kext? I used this dump code and AppleHDAPatch 1.2 to generate my AppleHDA.kext, but I found that my AppleHDA.kext has only two sections: speaker and HP. I downloaded a ALC262_580's kext, and compared the two kexts, only to find mine is much shorter.

now I've set speaker to 2-12-20 and HP to 3-13-21, in my short AppleHDA.kext. If I plug my hp in, and choose speaker in sound preferences, speaker and hp will produce sound together; if i choose headphone, then headphone works perfectly...

Attached File  alc262_590_rev_0x1001000.txt   9.61KB   56 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy