Hoping to get some help on this issue.
I have an Acer RC-550 that comes with an 'Integrated Realtek ALC880 Audio Codec with S/PDIF Output', according to the Acer website.
I'm running Kalyway's Leo 10.5.2.
I tried using your ALC262_800 drivers but nothing seems to be working.
Here's what i did:
1. Install the ALC262_800.txt with Taruga's patcher [still no sound]
3. Checked System Preferences>Sound, but i'm told there's no input nor output devices found.
I've already tried this 3 times, twice on 'root' and once on my own admin account.
Followed the instructions step-by-step but still to no avail. Please help!
Hello sir or madam,
This thread was established for ALC262 audio hardware troubleshooting. You have an ALC880. Feel free to follow these instructions which will start you out on the right path:
1) Get your codec dump via KNOPPIX
. (See metajames' post).
2) Get Taruga's AppleHDAPatcher (Version 1.20)
. Drop your codec dump onto the patcher.
3) Before rebooting, open "Disk Utility" and repair the permissions on your Leopard installation.
You can also check Taruga's new wiki to see if your hardware has already been patched.
If you're not satisfied with the results, consider using codecgraph
. Study the pin complex layout and reference BronxBoy's earlier post on how he/she changed Info.plist in AppleHDA.kext to gain the required result. I did and experienced some success (speakers, headphone, line-in works, but speakers and headphone outpout at same time).
Otherwise, consider giving Insanelymac's search engine another go for "alc880". If that doesn't work, use Google (specifically this "alc880 site:insanelymac.com" without quotes, of course).