Ladies and lads I would like to introduce to you a functioning ALC262 driver

bronxboyXXX

232 posts in this topic

hi, RX-7-Trainee

i try it but it still no sound come out.

to install it i use kext helper and repair permission and restart. thant right?

my computer can go to sleep but can't wake it back. and sometimes stuck with message "your computer need to restart or hold the power buttom" what the problems and how to solve?

and i do not know which kernel i'm using. please tell me. i'm using iATKOS 1.0i with my Lenovo 3000 Y410 like your.

how about the networkcard? is it work?

please hepl me to make it work fine.... thank

i'm so young on this. never use mac/

waitting you!!!

Hi everybody! 

I have VAIO VGN-G11XRN

sound card: realtek HDAUDIO

\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_104D1800&REV_1001

I installed the kext by kexthelper and detect intenal speakers, bult-in mic, headphones(selected device has no output controls). I can't hear sounds via intenal speakers but can via headphones. What do I need to do solve the problem? Please HELP!

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, I am having the same problem: the headphone and internal speaker are producing sound together.

I'm having the same problem on my Sony Vaio. The Heaphones show as having no output controls and they produce no sound. If I choose internal speakers, I get sound from both.

Is there a fix for this yet?

On a positive note, my mic jack seems to be working :dev:

Well no matter what this breaks my shutdown even with the HDAEnabler and the shutdown fix. Time to switch back to AppleAzaliaAudio :jester:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used the ALC262_400 dump and I can confirm that I get sound from both the headphones and the internal speakers correctly (plugging in headphones mutes the internal speaker, just as it should), and I can change the volume. The only problem is that AppleHDA randomly kernel panics on shutdown. :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.i'm on Vaio Fw-160. First thank u for your greate work.

So i try 262_508

Internal speakers - works

Headphone - (shows on system pereferences but no sound,Headphones work only with interlnal speakers)

Internal microphone - works

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_104D2E00&REV_1003

PLS Help

Thnx

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is ALC262_590...Who can tell me how to edit my AppleHDA.kext? I used this dump code and AppleHDAPatch 1.2 to generate my AppleHDA.kext, but I found that my AppleHDA.kext has only two sections: speaker and HP. I downloaded a ALC262_580's kext, and compared the two kexts, only to find mine is much shorter.

now I've set speaker to 2-12-20 and HP to 3-13-21, in my short AppleHDA.kext. If I plug my hp in, and choose speaker in sound preferences, speaker and hp will produce sound together; if i choose headphone, then headphone works perfectly...

alc262_590_rev_0x1001000.txt

• 2 weeks later...
Argh. Literally getting nowhere.

Took a codec dump using Knoppix Live CD even that doesn't work?!?! Says it installs OK and asks me to reboot but after that there's still no audio hardware detected. >_<

Look at this - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=736943

...and look at this - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=737543

Although Taruga's app says it's repaired the permissions, make sure you open Disk Utility and repair disk permissions from there.

Also, for this to work (at least on my Lenovo), the laptop had to be put to sleep. Sleep doesn't work, though, and therein lies the trick. For some reason when I put it to sleep, it wakes immediately thereafter and the audio works. However, you need to be running the vanilla kernel in order for this to work. The modified kernel from Team Hackint0sh won't work in that regard.

Review and follow the instructions in the URL's above, do some research on how you can run OS X the vanilla kernel and I'm confident you'll make it happen. I bought a retail copy and patched it with BrazilMac's method. However, I would also try the BOOT-132 method. Other links to guides are listed in my signature.

i get no devices found when i look at my sound options.. i cant figure out what my intel card is (realtek or sigmatel). I have tried a few different ktexts with HDA patcher 1.20 with no luck...

where can i get the info for the audio card's Subsystem ID? Is there any other way to be sure my codec for my card? My mobo is a intel d945gtp.

thanks in advance for your help. other than sound my pc is 100% operational. Should i continue to fight this issue or buy a pci sound card.. if this is an easier fix i will just do this tomorrow.

thanks again,

Travis

Starimage, Try this driver, It's working fine on my Q45, Ext Mic not tested, Pls reply after you tested it, Thx.

This driver based on bronxboyXXX's 0.4 MadMad Beta Driver, I just edit a few node path, Thx for your great work, bronxboyXXX!!!

ALC262_510_for_Q45.zip

every thing is working fine on my Samsung Q70, except the shutdown problem, after I shutdown my computer, the power light still on and seems still running, could you please help me?

Before I install this driver, I can shutdown normaly.

i get no devices found when i look at my sound options.. i cant figure out what my intel card is (realtek or sigmatel). I have tried a few different ktexts with HDA patcher 1.20 with no luck...

where can i get the info for the audio card's Subsystem ID? Is there any other way to be sure my codec for my card? My mobo is a intel d945gtp.

thanks in advance for your help. other than sound my pc is 100% operational. Should i continue to fight this issue or buy a pci sound card.. if this is an easier fix i will just do this tomorrow.

thanks again,

Travis

ok so i was able to get my hd audi ouput device to show up using the installerf from this thread http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=97201&st=0 now that the device is showing up i can view youtube videos now but i still get no sound output.. any advice?

ok so i was able to get my hd audi ouput device to show up using the installerf from this thread http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=97201&st=0 now that the device is showing up i can view youtube videos now but i still get no sound output.. any advice?

1. Re: Kernel Panic when you shut down after installing Taruga's HDA Patcher: that's normal. As in, "normal-for-a-computer-running-Mac OS X-on-non-Apple-hardware" normal. You've heard others don't experience a KP? Then try the Azalia Audio kext or whatever. Otherwise, expect a KP on shutdown. For all practical purposes, that's no big deal.

In order to shutdown your computer, you'll have to

a. Hold the power button down for 7 seconds or more.

b. Do a restart, and if you've implemented multi-boot, hit the power button before booting to an OS.

2. Re: device showing up, but can't hear sound: open "System Preferences", go to "Sound", and make sure the output device you want (e.g. "Internal Speakers") is selected. If you're using a laptop, try using the volume control quick keys and a little "chirp" sound will occur. If you're using a desktop PC, adjust the volume control "menulet" in the upper-right hand corner with your mouse, and the "chirp" will happen that way too.

If that doesn't work, I'd recommend reading all previous posts in this thread. Or go to the Apple HDA thread where Taruga used to post (Taruga, where are you?).

• 3 weeks later...
It works fine on a Siemens-Fujitsu Lifebook S7110

:whistle: Thx a lot. :(

hi, my laptop is the same as urs.

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_10CF0000&REV_1000

i'm not sure if the subsystem id is F00, so which file did u use

i used several files attached and all worked,and the mic is good,

but when i plug the headphone in,internal speaker and headphone work at the same time, what about urs?

Hi All,

My laptop is Toshiba SS/S30 106S/2W .

Audio Chip ID is "10ED:0206",and SubsystemID is "1179:0506"

I think that Most Fitting file is ALC262_0508.zip.

in this point,The difference of the file of ALC262_0500.zip and ALC262_0508.zip

as bellow.

anybody tell me, "Amp-Out vals" for ALC262 SubsystemID:1179:0506.

(ALC262 SubsystemID:1179:0500)

Node 0x0c [Audio Mixer] wcaps 0x20010f: Stereo Amp-In Amp-Out

Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1

Amp-In vals: [0x00 0x00] [0x00 0x00]

Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x1f, nsteps=0x1f, stepsize=0x05, mute=0

Amp-Out vals: [0x19 0x19]

(ALC262 SubsystemID:1179:0508)

Node 0x0c [Audio Mixer] wcaps 0x20010f: Stereo Amp-In Amp-Out

Amp-In caps: ofs=0x00, nsteps=0x00, stepsize=0x00, mute=1

Amp-In vals: [0x00 0x00] [0x00 0x00]

Amp-Out caps: ofs=0x1f, nsteps=0x1f, stepsize=0x05, mute=0

Amp-Out vals: [0x00 0x00]

stupid question, how do you tell which realtek card/chipset you have in your machine, everywhere I look in windows it only says realtek , I have my on board speakers working, but I need the audio out to work ( my on boards are fairly quiet.

thanks.

-the laptop is a Toshiba satellite A200 AH6

In devicemanager of WindowsXP, DeviceID and VenderID are recorded in Detail Properties of RealTek Audio Device.

10ED is VenderID and 0262 is DeviceID. By the way, I think that 262 of DeviceID shows ALC262.

By the way, this was "10ED:0262. " in reality though had written, Audio Chip ID is "10ED:0206" with Post of # 171 It is my typing mistake.

In devicemanager of WindowsXP, DeviceID and VenderID are recorded in Detail Properties of RealTek Audio Device.

10ED is VenderID and 0262 is DeviceID. By the way, I think that 262 of DeviceID shows ALC262.

By the way, this was "10ED:0262. " in reality though had written, Audio Chip ID is "10ED:0206" with Post of # 171 It is my typing mistake.

• 1 month later...

I'm confused as to which txt file I need for my card. I currently have my Vista HDD in my laptop and I've checked device manager. The string in device manager is:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_1981&SUBSYS_103C30D8&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_1981&SUBSYS_103C30D8

So I need the last 3 digits, so is that the 103?

Thanks in advance.

sorry but it's not working

AppleHDA Patcher - 2006/2007 by Taruga v1.20			

* Patching AppleHDA.kext to 0x10ec0262				Done
* Checking AppleHDA for patch						Done
0001f4a0	cmpl	$0x10ec0885,%eax
0001f4a7	cmpl	$0x10ec0262,%eax
00020584	cmpl	$0x10ec0885,%eax
0002058b	cmpl	$0x10ec0262,%eax
* Checking for SPDIF Out 							Not Detected
* Checking for SPDIF In							  Not Detected
* Using the following nodes in pathmap