231 replies to this topic

durain

durain

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Hi bronxboyXXX,

I found this site while trying to get my ALC262 sound to work. Not sure if it would help but I've attached my codec graph using a tool from this site http://hellabs.org/codecgraph/. Hope that this would be useful for anyone still having issue with their ALC262 sound card like mine.

I have attached the codec_dump from /proc/asound/card#0/codec#0 and the codec graph that it generate.

Thanks.

Attached Files

tobi2

tobi2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:playing with OSs
It works fine on a Siemens-Fujitsu Lifebook S7110
:rolleyes: Thx a lot. :D

niuniuw

niuniuw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hi ,i'm from china,my english not well, my computer is LENOVO F41M, i use you take the sound card 262 driver(all) but not work, if i want the speaker working... i must sleepping and wake it .. i don't know why..... my annex is the dump the 262 text can you help me...

Attached Files

gng

gng

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hello all!
Strange problem here, but I'm very very close.
I've got on my laptop realtek alc262.
When I put my dump into AppleHDAPatcher 1.20 after reboot I've got no sound, but when I then remove AppleHDA.kext and replace it with this which I found in tarugas topic for benq i get sound. And it works fine (excluding microphone which is not shown) even auto switch between internal/external speakers, but the problem is when i reboot. Then i get only sound in internal speakers (spdif is removed) and microphone appears (which actually doesn't work). So i think its something with ALCinject. I attach my dump and AppleHDA.kext which works till restart.

Attached Files

Chris R

Chris R

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
According to the subsys id I have an alc262_500 but all that gives me is sound on the internal speakers and the headphones at the same time if I choose internal, and nothing at all if I choose headphones.
I have tried all the other codecs and they all give me pretty much the same problems.

How do I create a linux dump to run with the patcher? I have linux installed already and sound works fine on that.

Chris R

Chris R

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok well I just created a codec dump in ubuntu and used that to patch but I'm still getting sound from the internal speakers as well as the headphones.

In linux I have to mute the front channel (or maybe PCM, I can't remember) to get the internal speakers to mute. Is this possible on osx?

bronxboyXXX

bronxboyXXX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Sorry all, been out of town for while working & really did not have time time to stay on top of this. But just so you all know I'm still around & ill do what i can when I can.

JoyJ

JoyJ

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I looked at my system information and I came up with something like this...
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262&SUBSYS_144DC02F&REV_1000\4&1E3DA4E9&0&0001

Is my SUBSYSTEM ID _144DC02F ? I'm kind of confused because it looks different from what others have...

Well anyways I tried all of the driver files and I even tried to fix the sources but all I come up with is my earphone

and speaker working at the same time. Please help me out...

bestestever

bestestever

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Computers!
Hey BronxxBoy
I posted Ealier. Some Where in here.
I have the SAME EXACT ISSUE AS MK.Lim
I MEAN EXCATLYY The same.

flayzeraynx

flayzeraynx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
hello.. is there any chance to get ALC262_883 driver (or something?!?) for Asus P5KC with kalyway 10.5.1 ???
my specs are q6600, 4gb ram, 8800GT (working) and realtek 8 HD audio... blah blah ;)

thank you

RX-7-Trainee

RX-7-Trainee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Hello everyone,

So I used Codecgraph (thanks for the suggestion) + Graphviz and studied my sound card's pin layout. Then I took a look at BronxBoy's modifications he made to Info.plist in AppleHDA.kext, and this attached AppleHDA.kext is what I came up with it. If you choose to use it, make sure you repair your permissions before you reboot, and make sure the output is set to "Headphones" in your "System Preferences -> Sound". (Disclaimer: this kext is provided with no guarantee of success.) Headphone output works, but outputs simultaneously to the speakers. Better than no headphones at all. Line In works for the Mic.

This next part is important. If you're a Lenovo laptop user like me (see sig for details), you need to be using the vanilla kernel. If you're using Netkas' kernel (and I may assume any other ToH kernel), when you try and sleep, it won't wake up. With the vanilla kernel, sleep doesn't work, BUT that's to your advantage with the Lenovo. For some reason, when you invoke sleep, it will wake up moments later and bang! there's the audio.

You may hear some buzzing out of your speakers when nothing happens for awhile. I don't know why. If you change the volume or your playing something it goes away. Also, if you make sure your computer isn't buzzing before you shut down, it will shutdown all the way. If it's buzzing when you shut down, it kernel panics (which isn't seen unless you booted in verbose mode -v) and your trackpad stays lit blue. Your computer's still on and sucking life out of your battery. Then you have to hold the power for 7 seconds or so to shut it down.

Hope this helps. This is the best I can do for now. Any insight from anyone on how to improve this, I'm all ears.

Attached Files

FatPenguin

FatPenguin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Photography and Food
Hi Bronxboy,

Hoping to get some help on this issue. :)

I have an Acer RC-550 that comes with an 'Integrated Realtek ALC880 Audio Codec with S/PDIF Output', according to the Acer website. :blink:

I'm running Kalyway's Leo 10.5.2.

I tried using your ALC262_800 drivers but nothing seems to be working. :wacko:

Here's what i did:

1. Install the ALC262_800.txt with Taruga's patcher [still no sound]

1st. go to /System/Library/Extensions/
2nd . Backup then delete the file called AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and AppleHDA.kext.
3rd. drag and drop the contents of my zipped file into the Extensions folder.
4th. Start up terminal & type in the following commands without the numbers or "enter"
5th. sudo -s "enter"
6th. Put your password "enter"
7th. cd /System/Library/Extensions "enter"
8th. chmod -R 755 AppleHDA.kext "enter"
9th. chown -R root:wheel AppleHDA.kext "enter"
10th. chmod -R 755 ALCinject.kext "enter"
11th. chown -R root:wheel ALCinject.kext "enter"
12th. browse to "System/Library" and delete Extensions.mkext.
13th. open disk utility and repair permissions.
14th. close terminal, reboot & enjoy.

3. Checked System Preferences>Sound, but i'm told there's no input nor output devices found.

I've already tried this 3 times, twice on 'root' and once on my own admin account.

Followed the instructions step-by-step but still to no avail. Please help! :(

Thanks! :)

RX-7-Trainee

RX-7-Trainee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Hi Bronxboy,

Hoping to get some help on this issue. :)

I have an Acer RC-550 that comes with an 'Integrated Realtek ALC880 Audio Codec with S/PDIF Output', according to the Acer website. :wacko:

I'm running Kalyway's Leo 10.5.2.

I tried using your ALC262_800 drivers but nothing seems to be working. :)

Here's what i did:

1. Install the ALC262_800.txt with Taruga's patcher [still no sound]

3. Checked System Preferences>Sound, but i'm told there's no input nor output devices found.
I've already tried this 3 times, twice on 'root' and once on my own admin account.

Followed the instructions step-by-step but still to no avail. Please help! :)

Thanks! :)

Hello sir or madam,

This thread was established for ALC262 audio hardware troubleshooting. You have an ALC880. Feel free to follow these instructions which will start you out on the right path:

1) Get your codec dump via KNOPPIX. (See metajames' post).

2) Get Taruga's AppleHDAPatcher (Version 1.20). Drop your codec dump onto the patcher.

3) Before rebooting, open "Disk Utility" and repair the permissions on your Leopard installation.

4) Reboot.

You can also check Taruga's new wiki to see if your hardware has already been patched.

If you're not satisfied with the results, consider using codecgraph + graphviz. Study the pin complex layout and reference BronxBoy's earlier post on how he/she changed Info.plist in AppleHDA.kext to gain the required result. I did and experienced some success (speakers, headphone, line-in works, but speakers and headphone outpout at same time).

Otherwise, consider giving Insanelymac's search engine another go for "alc880". If that doesn't work, use Google (specifically this "alc880 site:insanelymac.com" without quotes, of course).

FatPenguin

FatPenguin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Hello sir or madam,

This thread was established for ALC262 audio hardware troubleshooting. You have an ALC880. Feel free to follow these instructions which will start you out on the right path:

1) Get your codec dump via KNOPPIX. (See metajames' post).

2) Get Taruga's AppleHDAPatcher (Version 1.20). Drop your codec dump onto the patcher.

3) Before rebooting, open "Disk Utility" and repair the permissions on your Leopard installation.

4) Reboot.

You can also check Taruga's new wiki to see if your hardware has already been patched.

If you're not satisfied with the results, consider using codecgraph + graphviz. Study the pin complex layout and reference BronxBoy's earlier post on how he/she changed Info.plist in AppleHDA.kext to gain the required result. I did and experienced some success (speakers, headphone, line-in works, but speakers and headphone outpout at same time).

Otherwise, consider giving Insanelymac's search engine another go for "alc880". If that doesn't work, use Google (specifically this "alc880 site:insanelymac.com" without quotes, of course).

Oops, my bad.

Thanks for the help, I'll go try Taruga's patcher. :)

FatPenguin

FatPenguin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
THANK YOU VERY MUCH, RX-7-Trainee! :(

My sound now WORKS! :(

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU! :(

xephyro

xephyro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Is this codec campatible on compaq v3736??

RX-7-Trainee

RX-7-Trainee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, RX-7-Trainee! :P

My sound now WORKS! ;)

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU! :D

You're welcome. :D

FatPenguin

FatPenguin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

You're welcome. :wacko:

Thanks again :D

lowonair

lowonair

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I was finally able to find a work-around for my audio working improperly issue. I have Leo4all V.2 installed on my Acer Extensa 4420 series notebook, after install no audio and no ethernet, and the install wont see my SATA drives after install so I install to a flash drive instead. I can live with out the ethernet since wireless is working, so back to the audio. I went through every audio patch I could find from around this site and the only one that came close is the "alc268" installer. I get all controls and options with this patch, but the audio is all scrambled and choppy. I found a work-around by chance, when I plug in my webcam and switch the default mic to the camera's mic, WAAA LAA, the audio is crystal clear. Trick is you cannot unplug the webcam or close the audio control panel window (just minimize it) without the audio reverting back to its previous state. Works for now, be nice if someone had a fix for this.

Overall I cannot complain.

The only real issues I have are the audio, ethernet, and the fact the installer sees my SATA hard drive good enough to install on, but wont "see" the SATA drive after installation.

Well thats my 2 cents of experience, lol.

I appreciate any feedback.

Nick.

HBP112358

HBP112358

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
having read through this thread I have found that many people are having my Problem.

I get audio out of my Speakers as well as my phones jack or no Audio @ all.

is there an effective way to solve this yet??

I am including a copy of my Codec dump.

I would be greatful for any help

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy