Realtek RTL8187B wireless in Leo?

jotokun

13 posts in this topic

I am having a hard time getting realtek's RTL8187B wireless card to work with leopard. The drivers supplied by realtek(you have to go through email to get them) apparently only work on tiger(They stop responding while loading, and just sit there doing nothing, not even a window pops up). Does anyone have this card working under leopard, and if so how do you do it? I've tried searching and am only finding results for the RTL8187L, which didnt work. Thanks in advance

• 3 months later...

I found this BUT NO Luck for me :(

Now you native monitor is now fully supportive with all resolutions!

! Onto the wireless internet. Once again on a different computer go to

the realtek website and download the rtl8187b driver for mac osx 10.3 - 10.4

Before we install this we need to delete a text because leopard will get confused.

Click on the hardrive and go to system/library/extensions folder and find rtl8187.kext.

Move that babey to the trash and empty it!

Now install the newly download package and reboot.

When we are back on find the terminal either by searching or unless you already know where it is.

Open it up. Type these. cd / hit enter cd /system/library/extensions/rtl8187bt.kext/contents

hit enter sudo nano info.plist hit enter now use the arrow keys to go up and down.

Find near the bottom <integer/>33161</integer> and change the numbers to 33175.

when done press control and x. Press y for yes and hit enter.

Done. If it doesnt show up already go to applications and click on the realtek app to connect to the internet!

(you might need to reboot first).

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

First post..

ive been through like every tut related to Realtek RTL8187B wireless and unfortunatly nothing works for me

i'm new to Mac as ive never tried dealing with it before

i have Leopard (iATKOS_4.1i) installed on my Toshiba U400 and everything works smooth except that i can't connect to the internet since i cant get both my ethernet and WLAN to work

my ethernet is a Marvell Yukon 88E8040T and ive found some tut by Memorial, but i dont know how do i get it to work :S

my WLAN is Realtek RTL8187B and ive tried every single version/file i could find so far on the internet i found through googling

help would be greatly appreciated if anybody can help me get my Marvell get to work ..

thanx in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Go here (http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=1&PFid=1&Level=6&Conn=5&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true) (for some reason I have the ugly low bandwidth version of the site, so no ability to add the link under a word . . . ) and get the bottom driver. it's the one that works for me . . . In 10.5.5. For some reason, it won't load in 10.5.6, so until I figure THAT out, I'm staying at 10.5.5.

• 3 weeks later...

I use 10.5.6 of iPC and I installed this driver "Realtek_RTL8187B_MacOS10.4_Driver_1117_UI_1.5.1A" (I think it's the latest and only one working on Leopard)

I get into the Internet but after I download a file, no matter with Safari or Firefox, I always get this error: "You need to restart you computer..." I've googled to find a solution for this error and it seems like the problem is a wrong installed driver. "I should only install what I need". So the reason of this error should be the wrong driver for my USB Network card, shouldn't it? How ever, I just wanted to ask if there is any new driver for Leo 10.5.6 or a known method to get this card working?

Thanks a lot, excuse my english please :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi using the latest 1.5.1 and 1.5.1A version, installs but same as previous poster, the WLAN utility does not load properly and just sits in the dock, not responding.

Any one had any better results?

10.5.6, MB unibody

B

Hi using the latest 1.5.1 and 1.5.1A version, installs but same as previous poster, the WLAN utility does not load properly and just sits in the dock, not responding.

Any one had any better results?

10.5.6, MB unibody

B

Try add a Ethernet device in the Network Preferences Pane, apply, restart.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All

For mi is not working.

Y have 10.5.2 ver. in see in the USB High-Speed Bus -> USB Device :

Verson: 2.00

Bus Power (mA) 200

Manufact: Manufacture_Realtek

etc.

I have Realtek RTL8187B wireless in the Toshiba A300but is don't wana work a changed kext i installed the driver and is not work. And i have Marvell Yukon 88E8010 ethernet and not work .

( I don't Know reali well my english )