2 replies to this topic

bakelit

bakelit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Beliyaal,

First of all, I wanna say a BIG thank you for this great piece of software. It's awesome.

I have the following problem. I want to use an external USB numeric keypad, but at the same time I don't want to use the numeric keypad integrated in my MBP keyboard. I want to be able to switch on Num Lock, so that I can input numbers from the USB numeric keypad, but at the same time have my MBP keys m, j, k, l,...etc. functioning as letters, not numbers, so that I can input letters from the keyboard. I tried to play with the Configure GUI, but it was a bit complicated and I couldn't find any instructions, so I thought it would be better to ask you how to do it.

Thanks.

iPirate

iPirate

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Are you sure you can't use the external numpad without pressing num lock? I've never not been able to use the numpad on a Mac.

...Alternatively you might want to get the full USB extended keyboard from Apple, very thin, doesn't take up much space, and the numpad never needs numlock on to work.

bakelit

bakelit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No, I can't use the external numpad without pressing num lock. if it is not pressed the numpad keys turn into PageUp, PageDown, etc. instead of being numbers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy