Webclip!

23 posts in this topic

Where's the webclip? :)

You're question is so poorly written that after 7 posts people are still trying to figure out what it is.

Consider rephrasing it.

Do you mean the InsanelyMac cmd icon which is used when you bookmark this site?

I think he's referring to the icon that appears when someone bookmarks insanelymac onto the home screen of their iPhone/iPod Touch. Don't know if we have one already, I don't have an iPhone (yet...).

If we don't have one: then Apple provides some pretty good instructions to get someone started:

Create a WebClip Bookmark Icon

iPhone and iPod touch allow a user to save a WebClip bookmark to your site on their Home Screen.

To specify a bookmark icon for all pages of a web site, place a PNG image named "apple-touch-icon.png" at the root directory of your web server - similar to the "favicon.ico" for site icons.

To override the site bookmark icon on a specific web page, insert a <link> element similar to <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="/customIcon.png"/> within the <head> element of the page.

The bookmark icon dimensions should be 57x57 pixels. If the icon is a different size it will be scaled and cropped to fit.

Safari will automatically composite the icon with the standard "glassy" overlay so it looks like a built-in iPhone or iPod application.

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/devcente...ingcontent.html

Anyone see the point of this topic?

You can't see the point, for it is too small; as with most points.

EDIT: Where the hell did my avatar go?

EDIT2: Dammit, too much traffic on it. I guess using the same link on 3 different sites would be the cause of that.

I think he's referring to the icon that appears when someone bookmarks insanelymac onto the home screen of their iPhone/iPod Touch. Don't know if we have one already, I don't have an iPhone (yet...).

If we don't have one: then Apple provides some pretty good instructions to get someone started:

http://developer.apple.com/iphone/devcente...ingcontent.html

Thank you...

I thought more people would know what I'm talking about. This was a huge part of the 1.1.3 announcement at Macworld 2008...

No need, already whipped one up. I tested it out with a makeshift webclip setting site, and it looks pretty good, so here you go.

post-146431-1201309226.png

Just upload to root dir.

Note: MobileSafari will automatically make it glossy and round the edges. :shock: