[HowTo] P5N-E SLI nForce 650i leopard Complete Walkthrough Guide

KellyKelly

199 posts in this topic

Hi.

first: Great Guide. Thanks

Everything works fine. But I can not boot into the Installtion on my harddisk.

Black Screen blinking cursor ( blinking _ )

After i installed leopard following these directions i got a black screen with a blinking cursor, Leopard would not boot...

The partition is activated.

I have two Harddisk. Primary Master is Windows XP and on the Primary Slave I installed MacOSX 10.5.1

Why is MacOSX not booting?

Well, I finally got iAtkos to boot up. The problem was that I was using r1. I had to upgrade. Easy enough.

The TROUBLE now is that my installation hangs or freezes about 3/4ths of the way through. It installs but the blue bar makes no progress past a point right under the volume name. The bar animation was active for a while but after 30 mins or so it stopped moving entirely. The mouse still moves but if I click anywhere it turns into a spinning ball indefinitely. Anyone have any reasons why this might happen?

Specs:

P5NE-SLI

8800GT EVGA

2GB GSkill RAM

Q6600 core 2 quad processor

3 IDE hard drives

-30GB (Where Windows is installed)

-120GB Seagate (Free space volume - NTFS)

-120GB Maxtor - Mac OS X (Journaled)

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I'm so close...

EDIT 1 - I looked on this guide: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=87901&st=0 (as posted by VasH) and noticed some people have trouble with their DVD drive falling asleep and not resuming installation but solved it by moving the mouse periodically. I tried it and it didn't help. Still looking for a solution.

use kalyway 10.5.1

Thanks for the response. I did run into a couple of problems... I'm not exactly sure what I did differently though. First off, I got the prohibitory symbol (The circle with the line through it) when trying to load into the installer. Then when I tried again later I got into the installer, but it froze as it was saying "Preparing for the installation"

Edit 1 - Fixed the preparing for installation freeze by booting with the following tags: -v -s cpus=1 -legacy. Completed the installation but I'm in blinking cursor hell now. Think I'll switch back to trying iAtkos.

hi all

Nice guide.

I m trying installing kalaway Leopard on my P5N-E SLI today. During the installation, the lovely Leopard turn off my keyboard and mouse (both are PS/2), so that i cant type or choose anything. Help me please !!!!

P5N-E SLI

Core2Duo E6750

2gb 667 RAM

250gb SATA HDD (running Vista x64)

10gb IDE HDD (here will be Leo´s home)

DVD-RW SATA

Nvidia 8400GS

Updated: Working now with usb mouse (still dont have usb keyboard, hope i have not type anything during the installation and ps/2 will work in Leo later)

New problem I think this one is simplier. I've successfully installed iAtkos r2. I got the blinking cursor but fixed it by booting from the DVD, using the -s command and making the drive active. The problem is that when the Darwin Bootloader starts, it won't boot into the system. No matter what I type it just refreshes and doesn't load the OS.

Get the problem with the blinking cursor on the black screen. Tried EasyBCD 1.7 without success.

Tried chain0 method: The HDD LED shows something working. After (more than) 1 hour still the same black screen.

Here is the steps:

- Diskpart and so on in windows with id=af bla bla bla

- Boot with kalaway Leopard DVD

- Use Utilities >> Disk utilities to format the hdd (20gb IDE drive, setting as master)

*Nowhere to configure Darwin bootloader

- Customize installation

* first time, i checked the option with SSE2 bla bla and boot_efi_guid (all others unchecked), = installed successful but black screen on reboot. Tried EasyBCD and chain0.

* then, i tried without SSE2 = installation failed.

What is wrong ?

My system: C2D E6750, P5N-E SLI (Bios 803), 1x2GB Corsair 667, 20gb IDE, nForce 8400GS.

you can install it on sata right away, thats what i did, just remove the applenforceata from the dvd you are using and put medevils applenforceata into ionetworkingfamily/contents/plugins

then after the install is done reboot to dvd again and add the kext the same way into the partition the system was installed on.

Ok so how to

remove the applenforceata from the dvd
and how to
put medevils applenforceata into ionetworkingfamily/contents/plugins
? And where can I find medevils applenforceata ?

Other question : It seems that easyBCD only works with vista installed on the disk and unfortunatly, I don't have it installed, I'm on XP. So is there an issue for that ?

PS : I WONT install vista

I installed like explained in the topic. But boot's not possible. Im using iATKOS v1 r2 (TPB)

I choose these options :

iATKOS v1.0i main system (of course)

Darwin efi bootloader

remove CPUPowerManagment

remove thermal kexts

When I boot normaly, the grey apple sceen asks me to reboot

when I boot in -v mode, I have a "kernel version..."

when I boot in -f cpus=1 I have a "kernel version..."

when I boot in -v -f cpus=1, I have a grey apple sceen asks me to reboot

I first tried with the VGA drivers, I rebooted over and over.

I tried installing SSE3 patchs on an already installed OSX, an error occured askin me to reboot.

Where am I wrong ?

Im using acronis os selector.

My config in my signature

Thanx

• 2 weeks later...

bonjour à tous,

j'ai réussi à installer kalyway 10.5.1 sur ma P5N32-SLI PLUS

au premier boot sur les DVD j'ai tapez

-s -x cpus=1

une fois l'install faite sur un IDE j'arrive à booter dessus en tapant:

tohkernel -x cpus=1

impossible de booter sans le safe mode (-x) et sans le tohkernel

j'ai reussi à faire fonctionner le reseau ethernet de la carte mere en revanche je n'ai rien trouvé pour l'instant pour le son.

Hi,

I have attempted to do the install for the P5N-E SLI but I am having trouble. I have disabled the onboard firewire and SATA as required and I am able to boot by specifying -f -v cpus=1. I get to the part where it chooses the hard drive to install on and I go to the program that shows the detected hard drives and I am only seeing my USB drives, no Parallel ATA drive. I went into the system profiler and it is showing the Secondary channel DVD drive but it is not detecting my PATA drive on the primary channel. Is there anything I can do to get it to detect this? I am using the iATKOS v1.0ir2 disc that I downloaded off of TPB. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Daniel