[HowTo] P5N-E SLI nForce 650i leopard Complete Walkthrough Guide

KellyKelly

199 posts in this topic

Hello , GREAT GUIDE ,

I only have one problem

and is with my xfx 7600gt , in the system profiler my QE say : Quartz Extreme : not supported

can anyone help me ...

plzz

you need a driver for that

i have followed all the instructions, the disk boots to the white apple screen, i get the white apple logo, the spinny thing, but the apple logo has a small white icon on it (a white cicle with a line across) it just stays on that but the disk works, ive tried it on my brothers computer ,

can you help please

---PC---

CPU: E6750 2.66ghz

Mobo:Asus P5N-E SLI

RAM: 2 x 1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800mhz Dual Channel

Video: Nvidia 7300LE

HDD: 3 hds Maxtor sata 250gb, Maxtor 40gb ide (installing leapord on) and IBM 38gb

OS: Windows XP Home Edition, Windows Vista Ultimate32bit

hmm, new issue installing OSX

Ok, so I have gotten theu the OSx install process, but now when I boot I get the blinking cursor in the upper left corner. I have followed Djx18 instructions on making the partition active, but still not working. My disk name is disk0s1, do I need to use rdisk0s1? I was thinking about going back and using the Darwin bootloader instead of the EFI bootloader. However, I have a dual core cpu, and I wanted to know if going with the Darwin bootloader will that affect performance? Also, if I use the cpu=1 to install, will I still have full use of the dual cores after install, or after installing the patch will that get fixed?

Thanks for the help

Gregg

Ok, so I have gotten theu the OSx install process, but now when I boot I get the blinking cursor in the upper left corner. I have followed Djx18 instructions on making the partition active, but still not working. My disk name is disk0s1, do I need to use rdisk0s1? I was thinking about going back and using the Darwin bootloader instead of the EFI bootloader. However, I have a dual core cpu, and I wanted to know if going with the Darwin bootloader will that affect performance? Also, if I use the cpu=1 to install, will I still have full use of the dual cores after install, or after installing the patch will that get fixed?

Thanks for the help

Gregg

Hi , you have to use : rdisk0

no : rdisk0s1 ...

that's the problem

thanks for the info Biodes, but unfortunatly that did not work. Even thou its calling my disk disk0 I tried rdisk0, disk0, rdisk0s1, disk0s1 and nothing. I checked the disk thru the gpart Live CD and it has the boot flagg on it. Any otheer suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gregg

Thanks for the help

Gregg

no darwin bootloader will not give you slower performance.

Hmm just cant seem to get it to boot.

So I tried activating the partition and still get a blinking cursor on boot. Tried using the Darwin x86 bootloader, still blinking cursor. So, Im looking for any other suggestions to get this thing working.

System:

p5n-e sli (803 bios)

2 gig ram

geforce 8800 GTS 320mb

WD IDe 120gb HD

IDE DVD-Drive.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-G

iaktos disc doesnt work for me... it just starts up shows some text real quick then the computer restarts and it does this over and over... so i cant actualy get to the installation

can anyone help? i also tried booting the disc with -v -f cpus=1 nothing new...

Same thing here.

I've patched the iso with the r2 ppf, same result.

I'm downloading the patched iso from tpb but I don't think that this will work.

hi there im having trouble everytime i get to the first select screen after boot i cant select the first option i think my mouse and keyboard freeze.

please please i really need to do this i have been trying for about a month. iam even ready to pay somebody through paypal just so they can get it working for me.

i have a P5N-E SLI

5 gb ram

1gb nvidia 8500 GT

please. thank you....

Ok, the r2 iso i've downloaded works better. At least I've made the boot. and here comes new problems:

-my keyboard doesn't work (I can't write a name for the partition I had to create, however I don't think this is a major problem).

-The installation has stopped after few seconds (I have tried only once.... I had to work now ;) )

[*]
For 8800 Series Users:

Select the AMD/nForce fix driver

I've not this option in the "install options". where is it?

I'm givin' up, after several tries....

With -v cpus=1

I get still waiting for root.....

With only -v

I reach the install costumization, but the installation freeze few seconds after it starts. The DVD simply stops, and after 1-2 min. even the mouse freeze.

If someone has advice or ideas, thanks in advance....

or maybe I have to wait for 10.5.2 :unsure:

do you have a SATA DVD drive? I had the same problem ("waiting for root") when I used a SATA drive to install. I switched to a IDE and it installed fine. However, Im still having the blinking cursor problem after the installation.

-Gregg

No, I have a ide dvd.

However I've tried the kalyway, installation goes fine, but I've got the blinking cursor too. I'm searching for a solution...

It seems no matter which distribution I use I can't get past the loading screen (the grey apple with the spinning lines below it). While the lines continue to spin a circle with a line through it appears. I have this motherboard and have done the steps up to booting from the DVD but now I'm obviously stuck. Anyone know how to solve this problem?

I am trying to install Leopard on my PC but I can't seem to get it pass the first stage.

I have an ASUS P5N32-E SLi

120 IDE Hard Drive

IDE DVD rom

2gb Ram

Gefoce 7600

Everytime I boot with the installation cd I just get to the part where it ask to press any key to continue installation or press F8, I tried with any key and with F8 and typed -v and -v cpus=1 but it keeps restarting the computer over and over again. so I tried it again and now I get this message over and over again:

EBIOS read error: Device Timeout

Block 8939864 Sectors 64

I am using KALYWAY_LEO_10.5.1intel_SSE2_SSE3 iso but when i load the DVD it says Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132 at the top, is that what its suppose to be?

Please any help will be appreciated.