10.5.2 Due Soon

Numberzz

191 posts in this topic

What kexts are they?

The gmax3100 kext that I found in my extensions folder after installing the Graphics Update package hasn't been modified since "October".

Like I said theres gmax3100fb and intel frame buffer...

I can't "view contents" of package -- just incase the installer isn't copying over the kext, so therefore I suffer with sluggish graphics :P

I didn't look at the version but I had the same problem with NVIDIA drivers and they were in fact updated... It seems you need to DELETE old kexts to put the new one, else they aren't updated correctly... Don't ask me why but GeForce.kext was still an old version while it was actually updated : so I deleted the old one and got the new one correctly installed.

kunijp : everything works except I can't reboot / shutdown anymore after waking up my hackintosh from sleep. As long as I don't sleep it's fine.

It's a Geforce 8xxx bug, and hopefuly with the gfx-string from a Mac Pro it'll help fixing this...

I'm running 9C20 with Vanilla kernel and AppleSMBIOS but with mod AppleACPIPlatform becaus vanilla conflict with PowerManagement.bundle to display Baterry status, vanilla AppleACPIPlatform works but no battery indicator.

Also, there are two interesting kexts: AppleUSBMultitouch.kext and AppleUSBGigEthernet.kext, AppleUSBEthernet.kext updated too.

Problem: new OpenGL.Framework, it does nothing, any OpenGL app display blank.

I'm running 9C20 with Vanilla kernel and AppleSMBIOS but with mod AppleACPIPlatform becaus vanilla conflict with PowerManagement.bundle to display Baterry status, vanilla AppleACPIPlatform works but no battery indicator.

Also, there are two interesting kexts: AppleUSBMultitouch.kext and AppleUSBGigEthernet.kext, AppleUSBEthernet.kext updated too.

whats the hardware setup you used for this?

i see you got two

Yeah, exactly.

I didn't test it on my AMD destop, or my Powerbook yet (neither on two Dell Optiplex that I convert to hackintoshes at my Work).

There is no reason for my AMD that has perfectly working GF 6600.

Hmmm I guess it's a 8400 bug since OpenGL is working fine there, even better than before with 8800GT. You can always rollback to the one used in 9C16 and still keep new NV50 Kexts?

will this be released tomorrow to us then ? i thought i heard it wouldnt be ready untill febuary ?

im running kalyway leopard osx 10.5.1 with vanilla kernal, i hope i will be able to just do an update instead of a full install. i also hope the update will allow my hackintish to detect all of my 512mb memory on my nvidia 8600gt instead of the 256mb it shows now. :)

everything works great on my install except the graphics card issues i listed above, can't find printer drivers for my lexmark x1270 and occasionally when i shut down the pc from within osx it doesnt fully work and i have to manually do it by pressing the power button on my case.

but other than that i love my new hackintosh and i use it more than my vista install. :D

will this be released tomorrow to us then ? i thought i heard it wouldnt be ready untill febuary ?

Yes, that's what everybody said. I hope it is true and not what everybody thought before that is was going to be release it on WWDC 2008. Crossed fingers!

Yeah, because it's not like Microsoft listened to customers complaining about copying speed and put a patch out months ago and there are a ton of other examples like this.

But hey, lying makes you look cool.

roboskip, where did I "lie?" I said Microsoft releases "...service packs that just introduce more problems, fix a few bugs, and ignore the fine touches requested by users."

Apple consistently delivers while MS consistently promises, delays, promotes, delays, and finally either releases a mediocre product to compete with 1-5 year old Apple tech, or finally lets the vaporware evaporate to announce something else they'll never deliver in an attempt to distract the consumer away from the ever encroaching competition.

What's REALLY cool is someone who pretends Apple's the new Microsoft, Zune is the new iPod, up is the new down, nonsense is the new logic, etc., etc.

Hmmm I guess it's a 8400 bug since OpenGL is working fine there, even better than before with 8800GT. You can always rollback to the one used in 9C16 and still keep new NV50 Kexts?

Yeah, that's what exactly I did, OGL.frw from 9C16

i've never had a problem using the 10.5.2 beta kexts for my 8600 gt, but im sure it would run better with the final release of 10.5.2 , im exicited, im running the vanilla kernel, an backed up some kexts that stellerolla, had trouble with, so I hope it goes alright.

and heres hoping for a friday release :D

Another build comes in at 9C23 on Thursday the 25th and offers a number of fixes to CoreGraphics, DVD Playback, File Systems, BackupCore and Web Content Filter. Apple again lists "no known issues" with this seed of Mac OS X 10.5.2.

Another build comes in at 9C23 on Thursday the 25th and offers a number of fixes to CoreGraphics, DVD Playback, File Systems, BackupCore and Web Content Filter. Apple again lists "no known issues" with this seed of Mac OS X 10.5.2.

Then maybe today (friday) is too optimistic for a "general" release?

New issues fixed in this seed:

- BackupCore and Time Machine changed file recognition

- Web Content Filter and leaking issue

- CoreGraphics and background images

- DVDPlayback and Sleep

- File Systems and fstab

- Multiple keyboards and modifier keys

9C23 ^^ getting close now