10.5.2 Due Soon

Numberzz

191 posts in this topic

I can confirm with this update (the latest one, not the "2nd one") that I no longer have any PDF freeze / crash or iPhoto crash with those NVIDIA drivers.

NVIDIA drivers seem final to me, fps are even better each update ! :)

I can confirm with this update (the latest one, not the "2nd one") that I no longer have any PDF freeze / crash or iPhoto crash with those NVIDIA drivers.

NVIDIA drivers seem final to me, fps are even better each update ! :)

tell me more about the performance gain under iphoto

I was just think its happened because my nvd card isn't really powerful to handle with it. (fx5200 128mb agp8x)

tell me more about the performance gain under iphoto

I was just think its happened because my nvd card isn't really powerful to handle with it. (fx5200 128mb agp8x)

Performances on iphoto ? what do you mean ? I was talking about overall OpenGL Performances.

They still didn't update the core x3100 driver -- I've tried reinstalling the drivers twice, and Apple's only made changes to the FB and Frame Buffer kexts... my dock is still sluggish :( (Well, here's to 10.5.3!)

Otherwise everything else is quite snappier compared to 10.5.1!

These kind of updates are what separates Apple from Microsoft. While the core OS is very functional, they've obviously listened to complaints about little problems (on/off switch for translucent Menu Bar, hierarchal Stacks menus) in addition to the usual bug fixes. No waiting months for service packs that just introduce more problems, fix a few bugs, and ignore the fine touches requested by users.

They still didn't update the core x3100 driver -- I've tried reinstalling the drivers twice, and Apple's only made changes to the FB and Frame Buffer kexts... my dock is still sluggish :D (Well, here's to 10.5.3!)

Otherwise everything else is quite snappier compared to 10.5.1!

Actually there are new X3100 OGL bundles + core kexts in the Graphics Update package that comes with 9C20.

Actually there are new X3100 OGL bundles + core kexts in the Graphics Update package that comes with 9C20.

What kexts are they?

The gmax3100 kext that I found in my extensions folder after installing the Graphics Update package hasn't been modified since "October".

Like I said theres gmax3100fb and intel frame buffer...

I can't "view contents" of package -- just incase the installer isn't copying over the kext, so therefore I suffer with sluggish graphics :)

I can't "view contents" of package -- just incase the installer isn't copying over the kext, so therefore I suffer with sluggish graphics :)

If you're worried about viewing the package while installing, use the command "ls -lR <path>" (lowercase "L" letters in both cases) in Terminal. This will list the folder you specify and all subfolders with details (file sizes, timestamps, permissions etc.). I believe you can do this even without root privileges, since you're only reading.

These kind of updates are what separates Apple from Microsoft. While the core OS is very functional, they've obviously listened to complaints about little problems (on/off switch for translucent Menu Bar, hierarchal Stacks menus) in addition to the usual bug fixes. No waiting months for service packs that just introduce more problems, fix a few bugs, and ignore the fine touches requested by users.
Yeah, because it's not like Microsoft listened to customers complaining about copying speed and put a patch out months ago and there are a ton of other examples like this.

But hey, lying makes you look cool.

So I updated to 10.5.2 build 9C20. Install was a little painful on the hackintosh side of things. I had to re-add all my kexts for my system.

Such as...

AppleSmbios

AppleACPIPlatform

AppleHDA

This was all re-added after the update took place. Also I had to remove AppleEFIRuntime and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kexts to get this thing to boot properly.

So this basically means no more easy updates until Netkas and the crew figure it out. All in all this build is amazingly rock solid. I've been trying to break it for a couple hours and can't seem to. Which is a good thing. :(

I'm using a Nvidia 7xxx series card (7900GS 256) and the new graphics drivers are great. The dock animations are faster. The same could be said about minimizing a window too. The animations are smooth as silk. I'm sure the official update will drop within a week or two.

-Stell

So I updated to 10.5.2 build 9C20. Install was a little painful on the hackintosh side of things. I had to re-add all my kexts for my system.

Such as...

AppleSmbios

AppleACPIPlatform

AppleHDA

This was all re-added after the update took place. Also I had to remove AppleEFIRuntime and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kexts to get this thing to boot properly.

So this basically means no more easy updates until Netkas and the crew figure it out. All in all this build is amazingly rock solid. I've been trying to break it for a couple hours and can't seem to. Which is a good thing. :P

I'm using a Nvidia 7xxx series card (7900GS 256) and the new graphics drivers are great. The dock animations are faster. The same could be said about minimizing a window too. The animations are smooth as silk. I'm sure the official update will drop within a week or two.

-Stell

Were you running PC_EFI before the update?