10.5.2 Due Soon

Numberzz

191 posts in this topic

Developers were just seeded a new build of Mac OS X Leopard, 9C20. The update includes many fixes, and it seems that Apple is supposed to release it as soon as Friday. The update is said to weigh in at over 400MB, which is much more than previously reported. What's also interesting is that it appears that Apple took the graphics drivers and put them in another update that will be available after you install the 10.5.2 update. Leopard Graphics Update is what it is called, and I'm sure you can install it via Pacifist. The update is supposed to include many bug fixes, but there are a few main features that are supposed to be included.

- DVD/CD Sharing (Probably for MacBook Air)

- Optional translucent menu bar:

001233-trans.png

- List view in Stacks:

stackslistview1_300.jpg

elaborate

Read it, it doubles itself. (Forgot the proper word for that).

Developers got seeded it to developers. (Para-phrased)

Unless it's supposed to mean Cupertino developers got 5.2 seeded to other developers. To which it'd still have to be changed around. It's just a grammatical error, which I have a thing for pointing out. Like spelling.

It's wierd I can look forward to OS X updates now I have a real Mac rather than having to go through all the stress of updating my Hackintosh without trashing it!

Apple have really gone to town on this one, they said the update "focuses" on about 40 different aspects of OS X...

Unless it's supposed to mean Cupertino developers got 5.2 seeded to other developers. To which it'd still have to be changed around. It's just a grammatical error, which I have a thing for pointing out. Like spelling.

Haha. I fixed it ;)

It's wierd I can look forward to OS X updates now I have a real Mac rather than having to go through all the stress of updating my Hackintosh without trashing it!

I am considering installing Leo using Kalyway 10.5.1 should I wait for 10.5.2 or should I install 10.5.1 and then update ?

I'm mainly concerned about hardware compatibility. 400MB fix is not just a fix by any means.

Highlights my meaning well lol. btw Wisam I don't know how much u know about OSX86 but if you're thinking of updating to 10.5.2 through Apple's software update then don't as this will break your install (unless you have vanilla kernel/kexts etc all installed, if u don't know what that means presume you don't). Sorry if you already knew that but I know there's nothing worse than happily updating when Software Update opens, blissfully unaware of what's going on, restarting and getting a nice kernel panic...

They really went to town with Leopard (in terms of how buggy it is!) ;)

lol this is true lets hope the update is enough to smooth out those rough edges, although I personally don't have any issues with Leopard atm (touch wood) besides Stacks but it looks like that will sorted soon...!

I have leopard installed with efi v8, etc, I think im using the default kernel that kalaway installs, how do I go about updating, when the 10.5.2 is released?

thanks

I installed BrazilMac 10.5.0 a while ago and later added PC_EFI. Ran OK with stock kernel, then I updated to 10.5.1 via Software Update and all was well. I'm guessing/hoping the 10.5.2 update should also go smoothly.

Tip - the stock kernel from the update was about twice the size of the patched one (~10MB vs ~5MB). This would be because the patched kernel was compiled for Intel only, whereas the stock one is universal.

One safety net you can use is to rename/copy your current kernel, of course make sure you remember the name. If the update mucks it up, you can boot with your old kernel. There could still be problems due to other changes, but at least the risk would be reduced.

I have leopard installed with efi v8, etc, I think im using the default kernel that kalaway installs, how do I go about updating, when the 10.5.2 is released?

thanks

look in the hidden files, if there is a vanilla.file there.

if you have it, you can type "vanilla" in the boot menu, if it works, you running on stock kernel.

if the update checks more than the kernel version we all dont know, since we see successful posts.

but the devil isnt sleeping, or ?

lmfao... yeah, didn't catch that. sometimes I just skim through sentences, but usually i'm a grammar freak, too. :wacko: