[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

macgirl

for safe:)

I have m1330 with

G 8400 GS

It's enough only dell package for video or some special kexts needed?

Is enough.

Anyway, which version of Mac OS?

Hi i have only one question i burned the iatkus v2 on a dvd and formated one partition with fat32 and during the installation it asks me for the install destination and i can only choose the dvd and no hard disk, thanks for help

Hi i have only one question i burned the iatkus v2 on a dvd and formated one partition with fat32 and during the installation it asks me for the install destination and i can only choose the dvd and no hard disk, thanks for help

Once you are in the installer you need to "reformat" or erase the fat32 partitition with Disk Utility, select Disk Utility from the menu Utilities, after you reformat the partition to Mac OS Journaled, quit Disk Utility and Installer window will appear again.

So, finally it works:)

Dell M1330

iAtkos v4i + kernel 9.4.0 + SATA driver (in stock it's brocken) + Dell package 0.3.4c+g

video/audio/wifi/keyboard&trackpad/battery_stat

thx everybody:) personally macgirl & sonotone;)

Ok, so I just did the 4i build... looks to be working well. Here's my steps incase you guys want them:

Installing 4i's options

stock items:

appleacpiplatform.kext

kernel 9.4.0

smbios:

applesmbios-27 macbook

drivers:

SATA

Post Install

Downloaded nvinstaller v52 installed "vanilla" Probably could have just used the one in the Dell post install app however

Downloaded sonotone's Dell package

checked the following:

media keys

sigmatel 9228

battery meter

XPS Sleep fix

Issues

Sound still doesn't work until after a jump into sleep. (no big deal for me)

After going to sleep and waking up, the "single click" of the mouse pad to perform a mouse click doesn't work. It works before sleep, so I know it can work... Going to research that one, as its pretty annoying to lose that. -- So if anyone already knows the fix on this one, feel free to spread it my way :P

Shutdown / restart don't work after nvidia drivers installed... same old issue.

BTW, this is on a 1530 as outlined in my sig.

Edit

btw... just looking in the trackpad properties I saw one box that wasn't checked named "clicking" Tried checking it and now it seems I have the single mouse click back on the pad after sleep. will test more to see if that's all it takes...

Edit 2

Seems that the "clicking" option doesn't work very well... not like it does before the unit goes into sleep mode.

Ok thanks for all your help i need it because of pwnage for the iphone :( when my iphone is on 2.0 then it will be uninstalled

LOL - I did this today! First time it was a must have to boot OSX on my M1330. One time I've ever felt there was a 'killer app' I needed OSX for..

I tried installing iAtkos v4i today on my Inspiron 1720, but had troubles with the X3100 video. I had used iAtkos v2i in the past, and right now I'm running Leo4all v3 on it (both of those run about as good as you can get). But for some reason iA v4's X3100 driver didn't like my computer. First I tried upgrading over top of what I already had (leo4all). After that didn't work, I tried wiping the drive and installing fresh, but all I would get is a black screen with the X3100.

On my laptop, I have to do the sleep corner trick. So, after I installed iA v4 fresh, I did the thing where you unplug the computer and let it run for 10 minutes so the screen goes to sleep. But, after it comes back awake, the screen is nothing but black.

If I install and don't use the v4's x3100 driver, the display works (but of course is crappy).

The one thing I haven't tried yet is installing without the x3100 driver and then using the Dell post-install package found in this thread. The reason I haven't tried it yet is because if at all possible, I'd like to just upgrade my leo4all v3, keeping all my files and settings. But as I said, when I tried that, the x3100 still didn't work (black screen). The funny thing about doing it this way is that by upgrading, my sleep corner is still active. When I use it, you can see the screen shutting off, but when it comes back it's still black.

Any ideas before I say screw it and wipe everything and start all over? heh

Hi All Guys

I need your help from all.

I had get Vostro1200 for 2 weeks and try to install OSX with

-Kalyway10.5.2 intel+amd

-9.2 sleep

-9.2 speedstep

-9.22 kabyl

-9.22 modin

-9.2 nforce

-vanilla 9.2

I already try all of this kernel with uncheck out anything

-Leo4all V3

Result is the same, I stuck on Welcome screen after installation successfully

Welcome screen-Select your country

Select you Key board,Then

Do you already to own a mac----> get a loop to welcome screen

Dell Vostro 1200 Laptop

-Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T7250 with Fingerprint Reader & Camera 2.0 mega pixel

-12.1 inch WXGA (1280 x 800 screen resolution) with TrueLife

-2GB (2 X 1024MB) 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM

-160GB SATA Hard Drive 5400rpm

-Internal 8X DVDRW Combination Drive with dual layer write capabilities

-Intel® 4965AGN Wireless-N Mini-Card

-Sound Realtek ALc268

-Marvell Integrated Fast Ethernet 10/100/1000

Please advise me to do

I managed to get sleep working using superhai's clamshell display, sleep enabler and the sleep fix for dell xps, but now when the computer returns from sleep I cannot do anything the computer, it is locked up, with the spinning wheel going constantly (I'm using iAtkos 4.0i, specs below)

can anybody fix this for me?

Hi All Guys

I need your help from all.

I had get Vostro1200 for 2 weeks and try to install OSX with

-Kalyway10.5.2 intel+amd

-9.2 sleep

-9.2 speedstep

-9.22 kabyl

-9.22 modin

-9.2 nforce

-vanilla 9.2

I already try all of this kernel with uncheck out anything

-Leo4all V3

Result is the same, I stuck on Welcome screen after installation successfully

Welcome screen-Select your country

Select you Key board,Then

Do you already to own a mac----> get a loop to welcome screen

Dell Vostro 1200 Laptop

-Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T7250 with Fingerprint Reader & Camera 2.0 mega pixel

-Sound Realtek ALc268

Please advise me to do

Boot in Leopard WITHOUT the Install DVD. This will fix the loop'ing of the "Welcome" video

Ok, just a little update with 10.5.4 (iATKOSv4.1)

DO NOT INSTALL ON VOSTRO 1400!!!

After I rebooted from fresh install, i got kernel panic(even in safe mode)

I had to use the 9.2.2 kernel to get it to boot...

Then Keyboard and mouse wouldn't work. I got a package on this site for a modded AppleACPIPlatform.kext, and that was good. But after the reboot from setting up my account, keyboard and mouse DID NOT WORK! So I booted in safe mode, that did the trick, and decided to install the nvidia drivers from NVIDIA installer v1.9. After the install of the driver, I COULDN'T REPAIR DISK PERMISSIONS! (in -s boot) It said every .kext was only read-only...So graphics didn't work, and keyboard and trackpad only worked in safe mode.

Boot in Leopard WITHOUT the Install DVD. This will fix the loop'ing of the "Welcome" video

I did it, but it doesn't work.

Looping of Welcome screen is still running.

Please advise me next

Either boot into safe mode, or use "Graphics Mode"=640x480x32 as boot argument

Then create an account for yourself in osx.

Hello, i have installed iAktos 4i (10.5.4) on my Dell XPS 1330. Now i have Problems with Bluetooth. My Microsoft Bluetooth-Mouse doesen`t work, the Bluetooth Utility cant`t find my Mouse. But its all enabled an my Mobile Phone works...?

Whats about the Reboot and Shutdown Problem ?

Did anyone have an GFX String for a Geforce 7600 GT ?

Thanx for Help... musikusmint :censored2:

Either boot into safe mode, or use "Graphics Mode"=640x480x32 as boot argument

Then create an account for yourself in osx.

I use Kalyway 10.5.1/10.5.2, I got same Reusult.

Welcome looping

I don't know how to boot in safe mode, i will find out in this forum or you can advise me

if it doesn't bother you.

Thank you

Now, I used iATkos 1.0r2-10.5.2

I can installed successfully, but it isn't stable.

I can used only 10-20 mins. My laptop will shut down on time.

My ethernet doesn't work[Yukon marvell 88E8055: i had tried to edit kext as "Notifiedlover" do, it deosn't work]I can see my mac-address ethernet card. it shows fail and unplug.

this is anothers issue for me

Thank you

Dell Vostro 1200 Laptop

-Sound Realtek ALc268

I still don't get what is happening to me with sleep.

Before sleeping coolbook says my t8300 is running at the default voltage and frequency (haven't bought it yet).

Before I sleep, the trackpad taps no matter what the setting and it does so with a single tap.

After sleeping sound works and the trackpad listens to the system config, though I seem to have to do a double tap to actually do a single tab and a tripple for a double. What is even more strange is the tap and drag feature before sleep requires a double tap (which would made sense since it says double tab to drag) but after sleep it still only needs a double tap, the same thing as just single clicking. So it doesn't seem like the system is missing the tap, just interpreting it differently, maybe ffscrole is not actually working till after I sleep the computer?

Even more strange (why I mentioned coolbook) is that after sleeping my voltage drops to 1.0000v and the frequency drops to 1200Mhz. Is it only using one core after sleep or is it in some weird power saving mode? I can't seem to change this or anything because I haven't bought it yet, and I don't think I should if the program is malfunctioning. I'm not sure how to test it, the system profiler still says the 2.4Ghz like it should, is there a better program like cpu-z for windows that I can use to really see what is going on? If it is doing that after sleep that is good if I would decide to undervolt it in the future, but I can't see how the cpu would go that far below the default voltage that easily unless its because its clocked so slowly. I do not boot with cpu=1 and I don't see how that would turn on after sleeping the computer so it would be using both cores just clocked very low?

I just don't have enough experience with os x or even the actually inner workings of the cpu to understand what is truly happening, though luckily there are some smart people on here :P Thanks to anyone that can help me understand some of these things better, the errors I get seem to me to be quite strange.

Hello, i have installed iAktos 4i (10.5.4) on my Dell XPS 1330. Now i have Problems with Bluetooth. My Microsoft Bluetooth-Mouse doesen`t work, the Bluetooth Utility cant`t find my Mouse. But its all enabled an my Mobile Phone works...?

Whats about the Reboot and Shutdown Problem ?

Did anyone have an GFX String for a Geforce 7600 GT ?

Thanx for Help... musikusmint :P

Some BT mice are hard to pair, sometimes they don't want to pair on different dongles than own's, but if pairs on windows maybe is a kext problem.

Some BT mice are hard to pair, sometimes they don't want to pair on different dongles than own's, but if pairs on windows maybe is a kext problem.

@macgirl: On Windows it works. Whitch kext is the Problem, what can i do ? Does Blurtooth works on your Dell 1330 macgirl perfect ?

Thanx, musikusmint

I suspect IOHID kext or Bluetooth kexts, try with the original ones.

I don't know which modified kexts does iATKOS 4 has.

My BT works fine, if you see my RIGs link there are two MS BT mice, also my previous cell phone Synced and transfer files fine.

Can someone please help me i have iatkos v 2 and on the other partition windows vista it worked that i boot from both partitions but now i can only boot mac and when i want to boot windows i have to repair is there any solution that both work correctly????

Can someone please help me i have iatkos v 2 and on the other partition windows vista it worked that i boot from both partitions but now i can only boot mac and when i want to boot windows i have to repair is there any solution that both work correctly????

Hmm...

Here's what I do, If you can, boot windows into safemode (press F8 when booting windows)

Then DELETE your video drivers (the ones in windows). This was a problem for me, and once I rebooted, it booted just fine. And I was able to reinstall the video drivers and it would still boot normally.

Oh, and make sure you switch to ATA mode.