[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Hi I am new here great site but i am having issues i have dell xps m1330 with T7500 2Gb of ram

and i am using Kalyway 10.5.1 but i cant seem to get it to work after the reboot, install is just fine but it hangs on framework.

now i see that u have DellPackage_0.34d but i do not know what to do with it or how to install it or get pass the framework what am i doing wrong..

Thanks

Bumb

Hi I am new here great site but i am having issues i have dell xps m1330 with T7500 2Gb of ram

and i am using Kalyway 10.5.1 but i cant seem to get it to work after the reboot, install is just fine but it hangs on framework.

now i see that u have DellPackage_0.34d but i do not know what to do with it or how to install it or get pass the framework what am i doing wrong..

i found that the easiest thing is to get ahold of iATKOS 2.0i instead. It is what most on here use for these dells... you should be able to simply install it with the stock kernel checked in the installer.. I wouldn't check off any other drivers or options besides the latest stock kernel on it.

after that you'll want to run the dell driver install utility referenced in the first post... Pick your hardware out and it'll be golden hopefully.

i found that the easiest thing is to get ahold of iATKOS 2.0i instead. It is what most on here use for these dells... you should be able to simply install it with the stock kernel checked in the installer.. I wouldn't check off any other drivers or options besides the latest stock kernel on it.

after that you'll want to run the dell driver install utility referenced in the first post... Pick your hardware out and it'll be golden hopefully.

k sweet how do i install the dell driver utility thanks

wtf? :D

Is like Bump with a Bomb ? :hysterical:

I thought he meant bum :D

shawn, download 10.5.2 Kalyway or the new 10.5.4 iATKOS and your problems will be solved.

srsly, or you could get BOOT-132 as mentioned on this thread earlier and do it vanilla style.

I thought he meant bum :hysterical:

shawn, download 10.5.2 Kalyway or the new 10.5.4 iATKOS and your problems will be solved.

srsly, or you could get BOOT-132 as mentioned on this thread earlier and do it vanilla style.

i am getting iATKOS v4i

To monitor the processor temperature and also control the cpu fan I8kfan gui works like a charm

I8kFanGui

It didn't work on any of my Hacks.

Also the readme states:

NOTE: For Inspiron 5100/1100 and possibly other models that
  do not support SpeedStep technology, make sure you
  have AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext loaded.

So I don't know if it really needs that kext loaded.

well the fan application works for my rig not that I need it cause my cpu never even hits 40 degrees. Macgirl it probably doesnt work cause your rig is an xps compared to my inspiron.

Hi Macgirl!

First off, congrats on the iPhone purchase. Working well with your rigs? I'm thinking about getting one myself. Are you using Coolbook with your rig?

I apologize if this question has been answered already. Situation is that I tried loading Coolbook with my m1330 rig (10.5.4 Vanilla) but when I load the driver demo, the software cannot even read my CPU speed (shows a zero) with different steppings. Understanably, I don't want to pay for the Coolbook software unless I know that it will read and work on my rig correctly. The software doesn't have a demo mode to try it! What a shame!

I did a search onboard and people seem to be saying to change the AppleSMBIOS.kext so it can identify properly. Even before considering to use Coolbook, I initally used sonotone's auto-package -> Macbook (to identify as a Macbook) so it was close to vanilla as possible. Funny thing is in system profiler I know my CPU is a T5550 and the System Profiler is seeing my CPU as a T7100!

Questions:

1. Does anybody know (and can attach) the proper AppleSMBIOS.kext to use to get Coolbook to run on the m1330 and identify my CPU correctly, etc? I want to 'maintain' vanilla-ness as possible but really want the software to work!

Thanks again for the feedback!

Answered my quotation. Noticed that sonotone's new package installer has preps for the vanilla and Coolbook (using AppleSMBIOS-27)....my bad....I'll see if it works! peace out!

@thanks sese

Hi Macgirl!

First off, congrats on the iPhone purchase. Working well with your rigs? I'm thinking about getting one myself. Are you using Coolbook with your rig?

No, I am not using it. I really dont care abou the temp or the Battery as I regularly have the Power Source connected, and I prefer full Throttle all the time.

You need to load the kext first to get the gui working.

It didn't work on any of my Hacks.

Also the readme states:

NOTE: For Inspiron 5100/1100 and possibly other models that
   do not support SpeedStep technology, make sure you
   have AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext loaded.

So I don't know if it really needs that kext loaded.

Hi i have an dell xps m1330 with windows vista is there a way to install my mac os x kalway edition on the laptop because i burned it onto a dvd and when i want to install there ran a lots of numbers and letters down the screen and then it hang and i cant install it maybe somebody knows how i can make this :) thanks

So, looking at the 10.5.4 release... what all are you guys going to check off on install... mine is a XPS M1530, so I'm going to try out the Kernel 9.4.0 under stock files... What about the APPLESMBIOS-27 macbook? And I guess the SATA as well? Also, anyone know if it's better to use the Nvinstaller / dell post installer for the nvidia 8600?

When I did 2i, I only checked the Stock 9.2 kernel, left all the rest blank then just installed kext's via the Dell post installer package... I wonder, should I do more this time around or do it all post install?

picture1od1.png

Hi, I'm getting a Dell XPS 1530, I was wondering where I would be able to find the right way to get Leopard on my laptop.

I heard about the leo4all method or something like that.

What method would be the best way to get everything working.

I also heard that you can get the media direct button to boot up Leopard while the power button boots vista.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I'm getting a Dell XPS 1530, I was wondering where I would be able to find the right way to get Leopard on my laptop.

I heard about the leo4all method or something like that.

What method would be the best way to get everything working.

I also heard that you can get the media direct button to boot up Leopard while the power button boots vista.

Thanks in advance!

My install was for a Vostro, but I used the Leo4Allv3 disc. Install was perfect! Network, Sound, GFX, etc!

Oh, and I have a question...

Why does my Vostro heat up so much in OSX while idleing???

Hey Guys!

Just installed the Kalyway 10.5.2 on my XPS M1530. I also installed the Kalyway 10.5.3 Comboupdate and the 10.5.4 Software update (not combo!!), evrything is working fine.

My 8600 GT works with QE / CI

Sigmatel 9228 is working

Wireless works via D-Link USB stick

The Badness:

Osx recognizes my T8300 only with 1,2 GHZ (Both Cores are working)!!!

Anyone knowing some measures to fix that problem?

PS: For me Kalyway is the best way to get OSX running smooth on my XPS, as I'm not a real "Mac Professional".

Installed all the Updates, and the Sonotones Dell Package which is so awesome. Had nothing to fix, evrything just worked fine afterwards! (The only bad thing for me: The CPU-problem!)

For all guys who got problems, just use this way!! It'll work great!