[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

hey, thanks for the awesome guide! everything works great except i can't access the system by having acpi enabled i had to disable it xD is there any way i could enable acpi mode that works properly?

also could u upload the 0.31 installer i cant seem to find it .

thanks in advance!

i also have an m1330

100% Property and compliments of sonotone....http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1xzdtmddwdb

Did you mean that Speedstep works only WITH Coolbook and vanilla/speedstep-compatible kernel?

Or did that mean that the stock vanilla kernel in 10.5.4 supports speedstep?

I still have follwoing problems on my Vostro 1500 that I can't solve:

Mute not working (is there a fix for the 9205 too?)

Is there a chance to get the internal Microphone to work? There are many different drivers, but all I tested did'nt work.

Batterymeter shows only "calculating", after restart there's the correct time, shutdown is not working when the book is on battery, I always get a kernel panic or something like that.

Can I use the 2 Finger-Scrolling layout from another Laptop in sonotones installer?

If the 9205 is AppleHDA patched, then yes, the Mute can be easily fixed. I'll check it out tonight.

P.

If the 9205 is AppleHDA patched, then yes, the Mute can be easily fixed. I'll check it out tonight.

Pd

Ok, thanks a lot.

Now I tried the kexts from superhai and what should I say, they made everything a little worse. After installing ACPIBattery.kext the batterymeter is gone, after installing the sleepenabler the same thin as before, notebook gets to sleep and immediately after that it wakes up again. The only change is that after waking up theres a stuttering sound until I change the volume.

What can I do?

Can anyone send me the stock ACPIBattery.kext? (shame on me for not making bakups :) )

EDIT: Deleting the ACPIBattery.kext brought back the Batteymeter... Now I'm at where I started :-/

Similar issue here.

With the latest Superhai battery kext, combined with the PowerManagement bundle, I seem to have lost some functionality. The battery icon doesn't show up (i think it's there very briefly for a split second at startup). I can see a blank space up in the taskbar where it SHOULD be, right clicking does give me power management options but says "No Batteries Found" or something along those lines and no status.

Do I need to roll back to the original PowerManagement or something else to fix this?

Thanks for any help...And also if that's the case where can I find it?

BTW I have an M1530 and everything on Vanilla that I can possibly have.

Man, you guys are kicking butt with the fixes lately, you rule.

Thanks.

Similar issue here.

With the latest Superhai battery kext, combined with the PowerManagement bundle, I seem to have lost some functionality. The battery icon doesn't show up (i think it's there very briefly for a split second at startup). I can see a blank space up in the taskbar where it SHOULD be, right clicking does give me power management options but says "No Batteries Found" or something along those lines and no status.

Do I need to roll back to the original PowerManagement or something else to fix this?

Thanks for any help...And also if that's the case where can I find it?

BTW I have an M1530 and everything on Vanilla that I can possibly have.

Man, you guys are kicking butt with the fixes lately, you rule.

Thanks.

PowerManagement.bundle needs to be vanilla otherwise ACPIBattery.kext wont work.

There is no need to patch anything on our systems apart from AppleHDA.kext and the bundle info for EHCISleepEnabler.kext

I have been using it for the past day and haven't experienced a problem yet.

Chun-Nan's latest EFI and Non-EFI compatible AppleSMBIOS works especially well too. CoolBook works with it and so does sleep.

ACPIPS2Nub.kext doesn't need to be modded for Vanilla ACPIPlatform usage anymore either, get Chun-Nan's latest fix.

Thanks Superhai :(

PowerManagement.bundle needs to be vanilla otherwise ACPIBattery.kext wont work.

There is no need to patch anything on our systems apart from AppleHDA.kext and the bundle info for EHCISleepEnabler.kext

I have been using it for the past day and haven't experienced a problem yet.

Chun-Nan's latest AppleSMBIOS works especially well too, apart from the fact that I can't seem to compile it properly with my own laptop's Service Tag where it displays serial-number. xcodebuild makes the kext, but it is considerably smaller than the pre-compiled kext; it also breaks Sleep capability.

ACPIPS2Nub.kext doesn't need to be modded for Vanilla ACPIPlatform usage anymore either, get Chun-Nan's latest fix.

Thanks Superhai :(

Devilhood,

Do you think you can post us the needet files here? Especially the PowerManagement.bundle that we could use the superhai ACPIBattery.kext...

Can you explain the way to mutefix again (you wrote that you will fix it tonight), or to be precise the way to a patched appleHDA.kext, do I still use HDApatcher for it? Did you know anything yet about the internal microphone, if theres any way to get it to work?

If you want to use the ACPIBattery.kext, please remove the AppleACPIPowerSources.kext from AppleACPIPlatform.kext plugins. It is designed to replace that as it is not in the stock AppleACPIPlatform.kext anymore.

And yes, you need the stock PowerManagement.bundle for it to work.

Devilhood,

Do you think you can post us the needet files here? Especially the PowerManagement.bundle that we could use the superhai ACPIBattery.kext...

Can you explain the way to mutefix again (you wrote that you will fix it tonight), or to be precise the way to a patched appleHDA.kext, do I still use HDApatcher for it? Did you know anything yet about the internal microphone, if theres any way to get it to work?

Yup :(

It's an easy fix actually, just search for all instances of MuteInputAmp in Info.plist and make sure the keys are arranged like this:

<key>MuteInputAmp</key>

<false/>

<key>PublishMute</key>

<true/>

<key>PublishVolume</key>

<true/>

<key>VolumeInputAmp</key>

<false/>

Also, under the <!-- Sigmatel --> section, make sure MuteGPIO is present in the Headphone/IntSpeaker and Lineout keys.

If it isn't, you might need to add the <key> with an <integer> of either 0 or 1.

Yup :)

It's an easy fix actually, just search for all instances of MuteInputAmp in Info.plist and make sure the keys are arranged like this:

<key>MuteInputAmp</key>

<false/>

<key>PublishMute</key>

<true/>

<key>PublishVolume</key>

<true/>

<key>VolumeInputAmp</key>

<false/>

Also, under the <!-- Sigmatel --> section, make sure MuteGPIO is present in the Headphone/IntSpeaker and Lineout keys.

If it isn't, you might need to add the <key> with an <integer> of either 0 or 1.

Thank Devilhood, mute is now working on my sig.9200 :D

Hi there,

I'm a bit of a noob to all this so please excuse me if i'm asking something that's been answered elsewhere but..

I installed OSX using iAktos 1.0ir2 on my DELL Vostro 1400 laptop and I have it working other than a few niggles I was wondering if anyone could help me with...

I cannot get the audio to work with the built in sound. I have tried HDA patcher and the patched AppleHDA.kext that macgirl posted a link to on the first page of this thread, but it always says no sound devices are installed.

If I select shut down from the apple menu, osx shuts down but the laptop is still powered up. I have to press and hold the power button to get it switch off?

Can I go ahead and install the 10.5.4 update from apples website or will it screw up my installation?

I am liking OSX so far though, it is seriously tempting me to get a mac for my next desktop pc.

Dean

Yeah I need vanilla powermanagement.bundle too now - Dangit! I assume it's the same in all 10.5.2 - 10.5.4? I know attaching it might not be liked but anyone have a hint they can give to a megafile link or otherwise?

Thanks all.

D.

Hi Macgirl,

Have you tried using this 'beta' driver for our BCM57XX, BCM59XX (Tigon3 chipset) on our m1330's. Seems like progress on a working driver is in the works:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry811004

AND

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=114605

Thoughts? Experiences? More chatter? (hopefully this will be good news for us in the long haul!!!)

It's because when I originally installed from iaktos v2.0i it was working until I upgraded to 10.5.3 using Kalyway's 10.5.2->10.5.3 updater. I could no longer boot into the OS until I turned off AHCI/SATA on the BIOS. I booted to the OS using ATA, came across 'the fix' and installed, updated, booted with -f and it worked. The only problem is that I can only boot using -f if I want SATA/AHCI to work. This is true for 10.5.4 when I updated it was well.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Follow my instructions from this post:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...400#entry792546

Has anyone tried/ had any success with using HDMI in OS X? I was just wondering in case I wanted to output HD content to and HDTV or monitor. Thank.

PS - I don't have an HDTV so I won't be able to test it out myself anytime soon. If someone else does, please let me know the results. Thanks.

Has anyone tried/ had any success with using HDMI in OS X? I was just wondering in case I wanted to output HD content to and HDTV or monitor. Thank.

PS - I don't have an HDTV so I won't be able to test it out myself anytime soon. If someone else does, please let me know the results. Thanks.

Yes, I have tried the HDMI port on my m1330 on iatkos 2.0 and it works just fine, not sure about audio out of it though.

You just need the correct NVCAP Value.

edit your injecter (any of these that are you using, Natit, NVinject, NVKush or EFI string) with this value:

With plist editor:

04000000 00000100 06000000 00000000 00000000

with text editor:

NVCAP

BAAAAAAAAQAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=

Hey sonotone, I'm using your retail Dell boot image to try and install from a retail leopard disk onto my M1530. Everything seems to go fine until after it loads an NTFS driver, it doesn't kernel panic, it just locks up. The last thing on the screen is this:

NTFS driver 2.0 [Flags: R/0].

That is what is displayed immediately after NVinject finishes loading.

Could it be that the hard drive is currently formatted NTFS?

Any help will be appreciated immensely.

I have just updated to 10.5.3 using kalyways update package. The update went fine, but now I have lost sata support in leopard. I am running Leopard from an external drive which shows up. The ntfs external drives show up, but neither of the two internal drives show, and in the system information/profiler it shows no drives and it says the drives are either powered off or disconnected.

Can anyone help me get back these drives as they allow me to access my documents and my music without going into vista, which is very important to me.

I have just updated to 10.5.3 using kalyways update package. The update went fine, but now I have lost sata support in leopard. I am running Leopard from an external drive which shows up. The ntfs external drives show up, but neither of the two internal drives show, and in the system information/profiler it shows no drives and it says the drives are either powered off or disconnected.

Can anyone help me get back these drives as they allow me to access my documents and my music without going into vista, which is very important to me.

Fixed this, by just reinstalling everything -_- . I'm sticking to 10.5.2.

Now i'm trying to get sleep to work on my 1520. I put the EHCISleepEnabler and ClamshellDisplay kexts in the extensions folder and repaired permissions. I edited EHCISleepEnabler kext (added the lines which superhai said to add) before placing it in the extensions folder. Now my laptop goes to sleep when I close the lid, but doesn't wake up when I open the lid. :( Can anyone help.