[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

The stac9228 kext still does not work for me. It doesn't recognize it on leopard... and I get no sound. All I did was drag the applehda.kext into system/library/extensions, then repaired permissions, but no go.

I used a diff stac9228 with an applehda patcher and i only got sound from my headphone jack.

Can anyone help me get sound from my speakers?

I use a Dell Vostro1400, same thing as an Inspiron 1420.

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm using a Vostro 1700 laptop using the 8600m video card. I'm getting confused over the customize options that I should use with iAtkos 2.0. I have the dual disk version so I plan to keep Vista on Disk 1 and and install Leopard on Disk 2 (disk1s1). I have formatted OSX as standard MBR

My Primary concerns are CI/QE and Sleep mode.

In the Installer, exactly which options should I choose? Should I enable EFI? and the two suboptions or should I install the ACPI Kernel? There are two Darwin boot option in the menu - which do I choose. Should I install just nvinject>256, or do I need nvinjectgo instead or in addition.

I understand from Page 1 that I have to install a new kext to get sleep mode working? Do I need to add my deviceID into any of the nvidia kexts?

Thankyou so much for any advice offered!

I've got 10.5.3 installed and everything works except shutdown, scrolling, and sound. This is on a Vostro 1400.... some of you claim to have sound in 10.5.3 with the 1400 or 1420? By what method?

No matter what I do I cannot get sound to work, either in headphone port or speaker. If I could get sound maybe this would be a usable venture. I've tried installed STAC9228 from the DellPackage 0.29 and from the link at the beginning of the thread. Neither work.

I'm fairly certain that once upon a time I had sound from a headphone jack in iatkos1.0 so this is annoying >:[

i have the STAC 9228 and i had audio in 10.5.2, when i upgraded to 10.5.3 i lost sound and didnt know how to get it back

i realized that its an issue with the system loading the kext file. if u boot with -f forcing the system to reload all kext files, you should have audio through internal speakers and headphones

it only ads maybe 2 seconds to boot time and if it works for you just add it to the com.apple.boot.plist file

I am having a problem updating to 10.5.3 on my m1330 and any advice would be appreciated.

I am Using IATKOS v2.0i, and tried following directions on how to update from 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 on this board but it crashes DURING installation of the update. (Using the Mac Combo Update directly from Apple's site)

Directions I followed:

----------------------------------------------

~ sudo -s

~ mkdir /backup

~ cp -R /System/Library/Extensions /backup

Then, we need to run a command line script during Install inorder to avoid Kernel Panics and remove the stupid Powermanagement kext.

Before installing open terminal,

~ sudo -s

~ while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done

* Script will start running at this time, go head and install the update. (DURING UPDATE I GET A CRASH HERE...Doesn't Complete all the way)

* After its complete, Forcequit the installer from the Apple Menu

* Stop the command line script with,

~ CTRL+C

Now we need to make a minor adjustment for dsmos to kick in after restart

~ nano /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1

Find the line with : /System/Library/Extensions/Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext

Change it to : /System/Library/Extensions/dsmos.kext

~CTRL + O (to save) , enter

~CTRL + X ( to exit)

** Now put back all modified kexts you usually use (nvinject/applehda etc..) from backup folder.

Fix permissions of kext again after replace,

Do a general Permissions fix..

-----------------------------------------------------

Any feedback or help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Nevermind...just downloaded the Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo update and I'm now running 10.5.3! WOO HOO! This board is AWESOME!

Hi

Thanks for this awesome thread! However im having trouble with my M1330's graphics card. Its the 8400M GS.

I tried sonotone's package but i kept getting the apple logo with the circle and line upon reboot.

I then tried the one on Macgirls list...I tried Punk92's package but when I rebooted I kept getting a black screen!

Could someone tell me which is the correct package and how to install it please?

Thanks again! :)

I am having a problem updating to 10.5.3 on my m1330 and any advice would be appreciated.

I am Using IATKOS v2.0i, and tried following directions on how to update from 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 on this board but it crashes DURING installation of the update. (Using the Mac Combo Update directly from Apple's site)

Directions I followed:

----------------------------------------------

~ sudo -s

~ mkdir /backup

~ cp -R /System/Library/Extensions /backup

Then, we need to run a command line script during Install inorder to avoid Kernel Panics and remove the stupid Powermanagement kext.

Before installing open terminal,

~ sudo -s

~ while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done

* Script will start running at this time, go head and install the update. (DURING UPDATE I GET A CRASH HERE...Doesn't Complete all the way)

* After its complete, Forcequit the installer from the Apple Menu

* Stop the command line script with,

~ CTRL+C

Now we need to make a minor adjustment for dsmos to kick in after restart

~ nano /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/1

Find the line with : /System/Library/Extensions/Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext

Change it to : /System/Library/Extensions/dsmos.kext

~CTRL + O (to save) , enter

~CTRL + X ( to exit)

** Now put back all modified kexts you usually use (nvinject/applehda etc..) from backup folder.

Fix permissions of kext again after replace,

Do a general Permissions fix..

-----------------------------------------------------

Any feedback or help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Nevermind...just downloaded the Kalyway 10.5.3 Combo update and I'm now running 10.5.3! WOO HOO! This board is AWESOME!

I'm downloading it now and giving it a go. I hope everything's in order, though I may reinstall anyway after having broken my mouse, battery, and wifi monitor.

Specs?

Vostro 1400, Vendor id seems to be 83847616 and stac 9228. i installed 10.5.3 and loaded dellpackage 0.29 with the following options: nvidia 8xxx series, sigmatel 9228, macdotnub applesmbios, mediakeys enabler, battery meter, and broadcom 440x. i later on tried to install stac9228_0x83847616.zip with kexthelper b7.

i have the STAC 9228 and i had audio in 10.5.2, when i upgraded to 10.5.3 i lost sound and didnt know how to get it back

i realized that its an issue with the system loading the kext file. if u boot with -f forcing the system to reload all kext files, you should have audio through internal speakers and headphones

it only ads maybe 2 seconds to boot time and if it works for you just add it to the com.apple.boot.plist file

i tried this but -f did nothing for me. thanks for the suggestion though!

I had to reinstall after breaking my system and now I can't get OS X to boot.

Can someone tell me perhaps if these are correct options for an m1330 using iAtkos 2.0i:

Base system

Darwin boot loader

ACPI

9.2.2 kernel

Intel SATA

Speedstep

NTFS

It took me a week to get dual boot working the first time, but after trying to reinstall, I keep receiving a "chain loading error." I've Vista on the first partition, OS X on the second. I'm using EasyBCD to write the bootfile to the MBR on the first partition, though when I run EasyBCD it mentions a bit about not being able to find the correct boot device and that I must select which drive it's on. When I add new entries to the bootlist, only the original Vista and OS X options are present. Any advice?

I tried so many things to make dual boot work that now I cannot recall what precisely I did.

Cheers.

FYI, I installed 10.5.2 from Kalyway on my XPS M1530 Vanilla Kernel and the nv 256 video driver, then installed the Kalyway Combo update for 10.5.3 immediately selecting the 10.5.3 vanilla kernel from that. Only then, did I set about updating any kexts. I updated the sound kext (I'll give more details, but I had to get a linux codec dump because none of the ones I found online worked for my machine, and also I had to use an earlier version of the kext patcher because the later ones just didn't result in working sound (I had to do the same thing when I originally installed 10.5.2, I just lost the damn dump.)) I also tried to update the AppleUSBEHCI hoping to get Sleep, but Sleep still does not work for me, nor does shutdown or restart which was expected.

But with sound and wifi I'm mostly set. Installed the latest iPhone SDK which requires 10.5.3 and recompiled the game I'm working on and everything is a go.

QUESTION: Has anyone gotten Safe Sleep (Hibernate) to work? I'd really like to have that feature more than Sleep (Stand By).

Just read a rumor that 10.5.4 might be out in a week or 2. I hope not.

Hi Larrybird,

it happened to me too. Solution is as follows:

Boot using your vista-DVD.

When you see the screen where it wants to install the OS, select the repair options on the left hand side. There, choose the repair console.

You have to check whether your vista-partition is active or not:

type 'diskpart'

maybe you want to type 'list disk' if you have more than one

type: 'select disk=0'

type: 'list partitions'

examine which one is the one containing your vista-installation

type: 'select partition=2' if it is #2 (as mine was)

type: 'detail'

if it is set to inactive: type: 'active'

then type 'bootrec /fixmbr'

type 'bootrec /fixboot'

and finally type 'bootrec /rebuildbcd'

Voila! You may restart your machine now and keep your fingers crossed ;-)

Cheers

S.

I had to reinstall after breaking my system and now I can't get OS X to boot.

Can someone tell me perhaps if these are correct options for an m1330 using iAtkos 2.0i:

Base system

Darwin boot loader

ACPI

9.2.2 kernel

Intel SATA

Speedstep

NTFS

It took me a week to get dual boot working the first time, but after trying to reinstall, I keep receiving a "chain loading error." I've Vista on the first partition, OS X on the second. I'm using EasyBCD to write the bootfile to the MBR on the first partition, though when I run EasyBCD it mentions a bit about not being able to find the correct boot device and that I must select which drive it's on. When I add new entries to the bootlist, only the original Vista and OS X options are present. Any advice?

I tried so many things to make dual boot work that now I cannot recall what precisely I did.

Cheers.

I appreciate what all you guys have done here .. i see one of the most active member here is macgirl although i did not understand a single thing she has explained !! :P sorry no offense .. its just that i was new in understanding the whole process and i guess i do understand A BIT now .. so i have made a tutorial or a HOW TO install MAC OS X (IATKOS 2.0) on XPS M1530 .. here's the link:

MAC OS X 10.5.2 IATKOS 2.0 on XPS M1530

I hope i can be of some assistance to some !! One more thing I forgot to mention in my HOW TO is that if you update to 10.5.3 official apple update u get some problems when u plug in something to usb ports .. this is caused due to the conflict in your kernel version and the system.kext !! have fun guys !! ;)

Hi Larrybird,

it happened to me too. Solution is as follows:

Boot using your vista-DVD.

When you see the screen where it wants to install the OS, select the repair options on the left hand side. There, choose the repair console.

You have to check whether your vista-partition is active or not:

type 'diskpart'

maybe you want to type 'list disk' if you have more than one

type: 'select disk=0'

type: 'list partitions'

examine which one is the one containing your vista-installation

type: 'select partition=2' if it is #2 (as mine was)

type: 'detail'

if it is set to inactive: type: 'active'

then type 'bootrec /fixmbr'

type 'bootrec /fixboot'

and finally type 'bootrec /rebuildbcd'

Voila! You may restart your machine now and keep your fingers crossed ;-)

Cheers

S.

Cheers love. I'll give it a go now and see what happens. I've been messing about with it all day trying to get it to work. Hopefully this is the solution.

Though, I'm just a bit curious if anyone else's run into this problem, when I try to manually install Darwin bootloader through terminal, I always get a "resource busy" error. I've unmounted the drive using the disk utilities provided on the iAtkos install DVD as well as manually typing diskutil unmount diskx & umount -e /dev/diskx. No luck.

A few programs won't open for me, including Pages, Numbers, and Keynote.

They start to create a new document, then they just freeze.

When it happened: after Kalyway 10.5.3 update

What I've done:

- Tried vanilla 9.3 kernel

- Tried the other 9.3 kernel in the Kalyway updater

- Restored my 10.5.2 graphics kexts

... Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Thanks

A few programs won't open for me, including Pages, Numbers, and Keynote.

They start to create a new document, then they just freeze.

When it happened: after Kalyway 10.5.3 update

What I've done:

- Tried vanilla 9.3 kernel

- Tried the other 9.3 kernel in the Kalyway updater

- Restored my 10.5.2 graphics kexts

... Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Thanks

I didn't try many programmes, though I did have a problem with Adium.

Adium works for me....

I don't know if it would affect it or not, but that was before I had the drivers for my video card loaded. I never tried after that. Though, that's the least of my concerns at the moment as I cannot boot into Leopard.

Adium works for me....

And my battery meter doesn't... I tried the kext on the front, but it didnt work...

What model do you have?

I cannot recall if my meters worked originally before installing the Dell specific patches (linked on the first page of this topic), but after fiddling a bit with the mouse drivers, I lost all the meters. They began instead to appear intermittently.

What model do you have?

I cannot recall if my meters worked originally before installing the Dell specific patches (linked on the first page of this topic), but after fiddling a bit with the mouse drivers, I lost all the meters. They began instead to appear intermittently.

m1330 with 9 cell, it worked before the 10.5.3 update.