[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

IT WORKED, FINALLY SOUND THRU SPEAKERS YAY :thumbsup_anim:

See Taruga's AppleHDA Thread, also the link to the kext is in first post.

You do not need ALCinject if you are using the gfx string.

Hi Macgirl.. I've tried everything you've explained previously, using Taruga's AppleHDA for my m1330. This is what I did:

Downloaded the applehda zip file STAC9228_0x83847616

dropped the two files in kext_helper b7

clicked advanced and clicked Tag Cache Rebuilt, clicked run

clicked Easy Install

Rebooted..

Now I'm stuck with no sound device installed when I look in preferences

Do you have any idea what happened or how I can investigate this problem..

BTW: You're doing such a great job!!

Regards,

Peter

try to patch 1.16 with some kind of dump before applying new kexts

Hi Vivavn,

I tried now to apply the 1.16 with your dump.txt from an earlier post i this thread. Then reboot. Still now devices in preferences. Then installing the kexts. Again reboot. Still no devices in prefs..

I remembered when I did the fresh iATKOS install there was actually a device listed in preferences, but now both the in and out tabs are empty:-( Do you have any other ideas?

I've attached my kextstat dump. I have no clue if it helps you..

Regards,

Peter

kextstat.txt

bash-3.2# kextload -t AppleACPIPowerSource.kext

kextload: /Users/Aaron/AppleACPIPowerSource.kext: no such bundle file exists

can't add kernel extension AppleACPIPowerSource.kext (file access/permissions) (run kextload on this kext with -t for diagnostic output)

So, the AppleACPIPowerSource plugin doesn't exist within my AppleACPIPlatform kext. I guess it should have been there in the first place since i'm using iAtkos, but it got lost somehow. Is there a copy I can replace it with?

I also get this message on booting with -v:

Extension “com.apple.driver.AppleACIPPlatform” has immediatedependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi Components: use only one style.

To load a kext you need to be root first, it can be don by "sudo su" or "sudo any-command"

the PowerSource is not whre you are when open the Terminal program, you need to go to the right directory.

cd /system/library/extensions/appleacpiplatform.kext/contents/plugins

then

sudo kextload -t appleacpipowersource.kext

Hi Vivavn,

I tried now to apply the 1.16 with your dump.txt from an earlier post i this thread. Then reboot. Still now devices in preferences. Then installing the kexts. Again reboot. Still no devices in prefs..

I remembered when I did the fresh iATKOS install there was actually a device listed in preferences, but now both the in and out tabs are empty:-( Do you have any other ideas?

I've attached my kextstat dump. I have no clue if it helps you..

Regards,

Peter

in the kextstat there are entries that indicate the kexts are loaded:

com.Taruga.HDAudio (1.0.0d1)

com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily

com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController

Run DPCI manager (google it) it will show which devices you have.

After scoping all over the place for fixes for my sound turning off when plugged in to no shutdown reboot and sleep I have came to the conclusion that it is confilicting kexts. I realized this because i had gone to the uphuck forums and found a fix for the no battery meter which came in the form of a acpiplatform.kext which messed up my shutdown reboot and sleep and now my sound. And now there is a fix that involves the powermanagement.bundle which is much beter so i am asking anyone that did not modify there acpiplatform.kext from the iatkos dvd please upload it so i can fix my issues.

Thanks ahead of time

So basicaly you had working QE/CI with propper sleep and shutdow with iAtkos own ACPIPlatform and Jonniecacinogen's installer and newer 9228 audio kext?

the iAtkos ACPIPlatform is easy to get with Pacifist, just open the OSinstall.mpkg

Hey, I bought two of those apple ethernet usb adapters and NO GO

I'm so disappointed as I really wanted to be able to use them. It says they are only for the macbook air, if someone can figure out how to make them work that would rock, but as of right now they show up in device profiler but are non funcitonal whatsoever.

Which version of Mac OS?

Which Method of install?

Are you using the Vanilla IONetworkingFamily.kext of Leopard?

Which plugins are listed in: /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

Are the adapter listed in the USB devices on System Profiler when it is attached?

Two ways to see which IONetworkingFamily.kext you have.

GUI method, goto to the Disk (System volume) and open it, the open each of the following folders System->Library->Extensions, look for the IONetworkingFamily.kext and control click (or second mouse button) and select Get Info, a windows appears and there is a line with the version.

Leopard Vanilla version is 1.6.0

Terminal method, Run Terminal on the Utilities Folder inside the Applications Folder, and type the following:

ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

Leopard Vanilla version shoud have AppleUSBEthernet.kext as a plugin.

ok well It seems im missing that plugin. So are you saying this adapter should work despite that im on a hackintosh and not a macbook air?If so I can cancel my return of them which would be nice.I will see if I can locate the leopard vanilla networking kext and post back my results (though I will have to reopen one of them that I sealed with glue to get a full refund and no restocking fee lol)thx again and sorry for the messed up reply. I dragged my plugins from finder to the reply area which was nice it pasted all the names for me there but you see what it did to me both times.I found the vanilla apple ionetworking.kext inthe backup folder on my installation DOH!I'm going to cut paste that and repair perms and see if it works as that one does have the right plugin that I need.No Go:(even with stock ionetworking kext it doesnt workI do get more devices showing up but thats it I added all the ethernet adapters and nothing :(ok I'm confirming that its not working, on the packaging it does state that it is only for macbook air computers..... If this is the case that is really f8cking {censored}.oh well... thx for the help looks like I willbe returning these afterall.-XpS

Doesnt work so far, tried everything I know. Am I missing something? I know its very much like apple to pull some {censored} like this, but withthe adapter being usb I would figure they would have a harder time making it only work for the macbook air. Has anyone else used this adapter??

To load a kext you need to be root first, it can be don by "sudo su" or "sudo any-command"

the PowerSource is not whre you are when open the Terminal program, you need to go to the right directory.

then

in the kextstat there are entries that indicate the kexts are loaded:

com.Taruga.HDAudio (1.0.0d1)

com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily

com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController

Run DPCI manager (google it) it will show which devices you have.

I ended up, last night, reinstalling the machine. I now have a different problem that I've actually seen before, with my first installation attempt. When I drag any codec text on to the appleHDAPatcher nothing, as in nothing, happens! Have you seen this behaviour before?

/Aquaboy

Doesnt work so far, tried everything I know. Am I missing something? I know its very much like apple to pull some {censored} like this, but withthe adapter being usb I would figure they would have a harder time making it only work for the macbook air. Has anyone else used this adapter??

Try to load the kext manually, I saw is there, with the adapter attached and connected to an live Ethernet cable on Terminal type this:

sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBEthernet.kext

post what it says.

maybe is already loaded and you only need to add the interface on the Network Prefercen pane on the System Preferences because sometimes is not added automatically.

You should also see if the device is added to:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

I ended up, last night, reinstalling the machine. I now have a different problem that I've actually seen before, with my first installation attempt. When I drag any codec text on to the appleHDAPatcher nothing, as in nothing, happens! Have you seen this behaviour before?

/Aquaboy

Yea happened me onece but with a different version of AppleHDA patcher 1.16

remember to erase AppleAzalia if it is there, also I posted in this thread a patched AppleHDA with the patcher with the linux codec, look back at some posts.

Hey,

I installed iATKOS 1.0r on DELL M1530 with Geforce 8600gt M and did a vista native boot w/out any EFI emulation..i didn't install any customized packages,

the problem is graphic, i can't get to work....

anybody here can help....i installed NVIDIA INSTALLER V1.9 BY PUNK92 and ended up having black screen....

i update my situation as soon as i cn

then

Here's what i got:

kextload: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/appleacpipowersource.kext: no such bundle file exists

can't add kernel extension appleacpipowersource.kext (file access/permissions) (run kextload on this kext with -t for diagnostic output)

It doesn't exist. :)

Hi!

I installed iAtkos r2 on my Inspiron 1420 recently and I'm trying to make hardware work using your info (thx a lot by the way :D )

My problem is I hit the button "detect Display" in the display panel and now my screen is black. I can make anything (reboot, plug external display...) buy as soon as it enter GUI display is turning black (right after the grey screen with apple). I've heard that this problem sometimes happen but can't find any source giving a solution. I hope I won't have to re-install just because of this... :wacko: Here's my config:

iAtkos r2 with EFI boot loader

punk92 latest installer

Laptop description in signature...

Benji101 :D

PS: Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong thread

Hey,

I installed iATKOS 1.0r on DELL M1530 with Geforce 8600gt M and did a vista native boot w/out any EFI emulation..i didn't install any customized packages,

the problem is graphic, i can't get to work....

anybody here can help....i installed NVIDIA INSTALLER V1.9 BY PUNK92 and ended up having black screen....

i update my situation as soon as i cn

Try to install the latest NVinject from here: http://nvinject.free.fr/downloads.php

Here's what i got:

kextload: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext/Contents/PlugIns/appleacpipowersource.kext: no such bundle file exists

can't add kernel extension appleacpipowersource.kext (file access/permissions) (run kextload on this kext with -t for diagnostic output)

It doesn't exist. :(

You probably have the vanilla ACPIPlatform, here is one: AppleACPIPowerSource.kext.zip

Hi!

I installed iAtkos r2 on my Inspiron 1420 recently and I'm trying to make hardware work using your info (thx a lot by the way :D )

My problem is I hit the button "detect Display" in the display panel and now my screen is black. I can make anything (reboot, plug external display...) buy as soon as it enter GUI display is turning black (right after the grey screen with apple). I've heard that this problem sometimes happen but can't find any source giving a solution. I hope I won't have to re-install just because of this... :unsure: Here's my config:

iAtkos r2 with EFI boot loader

punk92 latest installer

Laptop description in signature...

Benji101 :camera:

PS: Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong thread

Did you install any of the 10.5.2 Nvidia packages? there are 3 links at 1st post.

You can post that becaus the Inspiron has almost the same hardware as XPS and Vostros

Hi Macgirl

if you instal Netkas' PC-EFI V8, if you installed EFI from iATKOS it won't work.

I did install iATKOS on my XPS M1330 but explicitly only selected the MacOSX core files and the Darwin Bootloader, nothing else at all. So would it be fine for me to install the Netkas PC-EFI v8? I also have two partitions one with windows and one with MacOSX? Do you see any problems?

PS: Thanks for your support on my sound issue, I'm happy to say that it works flawlessly now. You rock!

Hi again,

I may not have been clear but I wrote that I installed Punk92 last release wich I think contains 10.5.2 nvidia packages. Anyway, the problem's gone for no reason. I tried two things at the same time but doubt it might have an effect. I booted my disk in an usb enclosure and used the -v boot option (which I think only force osx to write down everything...) and my screen is back. Sese seems to have a solution to use external display, I might try it.

One last thing. I'm really newby at all this but could someone tell me why 10.5.2 nvidia kext block shutdown, sleep and restart? Is it simply because they are "one version" ahead and when 10.5.2 will be out the problem will be solved?

Thanks again to everyone here. You give a great hand to even a lot of people who never subscribes to the forum (usually me :P )

Benji101

Almost everything working on my 1530, except the audio (besides fan sensors and sleep). I used the STAC9228_0x83847616 and it worked great after one reboot, after that the devices still show up but no sound. I installed AppleACPIPowerSource.kext and sound worked again after first reboot, but not after more. Used the NVInstaller again and go figure, sound worked when I rebooted but the next reboot nothing.

Kalyway 10.5.1, vanilla, did not convert to EFI strings yet