[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Once you update with Kalyway 10.5.2 update it also needs a 9.2.0 kernel, because 9.1.0 is very slow with the 10.5.2 system, there is kernels package from Kaly also.

Once you update with Kalyway 10.5.2 update it also needs a 9.2.0 kernel, because 9.1.0 is very slow with the 10.5.2 system, there is kernels package from Kaly also.

Thanks macgirl. I'll give that a try. I did just see that the new Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD is out as well. Maybe I'll give that a try too.

Thanks macgirl. I'll give that a try. I did just see that the new Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD is out as well. Maybe I'll give that a try too.

Oooohhh, tasty!

I think I'll try that, I just downloaded the Kalyway 10.5.1 ISO, but maybe I'll wait till this downloads...

Thanks MacGirl, this is the best collection of OSx86 info I've found.

It doesn't hurt that I just got an M1530+Blu-Ray either.

gNOME

Hi,

Finally, I can manage to overcome problem of IOAPIC for Inspiron 1420 by twisting around Bios. I set my Bios as below in order to execute installation.

- Media + 1394 : Off

- Flash : Off

- Wi-Fi Casher : Denial

- CPU XD :Off

- Multi Core: Enable

- Dynamic Acceleration: Off

- Speed Step: Off

- Internal BlueTooth: Off (If you don't have bluetooth installed)

- Wireless S/W: None

- Wifi-Casher: Off

Some of above may not be necessary to set, but I tried to set off all the things that I suspected of causing problems. After installation complete, change Bios to what it should be.

I can successfully install using Leo4All v2. However, I get the problem with No Keyboard. The system goes around the loop of registration, until I decided to turn-off m/c and reopen. After re-open, I faced keyboard problem. I will try to put in USB keyboard tomorrow to see whether this can help. Boot with -s does not help any, since notebook keyboard is not functioning at all. It will be highly appreciated if any body can suggest how to solve this problem.

Like a lot of people say, it seems that iATKOS would be the easiest choice. I am now downloading the ISO and may re-install my notebook afterward, if there is no better solution.

Cheers!

Does a 9.2.2 kernel make it even faster / better? And does kalyway or anyone else have a nice installer for it?

9.2.2 kernel come with the Time Machine Update, it does not make the computer faster, is just has a new code that is needed for the updated programs (time machine related), but there are also 9.2.2 ToH Kernels.

There are no packages for 9.2.2 kernel from kaly or other AFAIK.

Hello everyone!

First off I just wanted to say thanks to macgirl for putting this all together and everyone that has contributed. After drudging through all the posts and many many installs later I was finally able to get myself a nice dual boot Vista/OSX system in place.

Almost everything is working perfectly. The exception is the Audio (Sigma Tel). I think I've tried everything, but it still doesn't work. If anyone has any luck, can you let me know? Also if anyone else is having trouble with setting up an XPS 1530 let me know I would be glad to help. All of the information I found to get it working was right here in this thread.

I also installed the Kalaway 10.5.2 update. It works fine but now it takes a while to boot up. It hangs for a bit on the wireless card I think.

Thanks

P. S. I did forget to mention that the Sleep, Shutdown and restart are all having problems too. Working on that now.

can you please add your system configuration to your signature...anyways did u try the patches kext if u did

then boot with -s option try forceloadin the kext

kextload -t /system/library/extensions/ALCinject.kext

wish u good luck

Hello everyone!

First off I just wanted to say thanks to macgirl for putting this all together and everyone that has contributed. After drudging through all the posts and many many installs later I was finally able to get myself a nice dual boot Vista/OSX system in place.

Almost everything is working perfectly. The exception is the Audio (Sigma Tel). I think I've tried everything, but it still doesn't work. If anyone has any luck, can you let me know? Also if anyone else is having trouble with setting up an XPS 1530 let me know I would be glad to help. All of the information I found to get it working was right here in this thread.

I also installed the Kalaway 10.5.2 update. It works fine but now it takes a while to boot up. It hangs for a bit on the wireless card I think.

Thanks

P. S. I did forget to mention that the Sleep, Shutdown and restart are all having problems too. Working on that now.

can you please add your system configuration to your signature...anyways did u try the patched kext (in the first post) if u did

wish u good luck

can you please add your system configuration to your signature...anyways did u try the patched kext (in the first post) if u did

wish u good luck

Hello CokeSide,

I haven't tried that yet. I'll give it go tonight and see what happens.

Now I'm embarresed to say this, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to change my signature or my password on this site. I've clicked on my profile and checked everywhere (well almost since I haven't found it yet). I have my specs all ready but no idea where to put them.

*Nevermind, I found it. Man I feel stupid.

You could have this PowerManagement bundle: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=80425

I you are uisng PC EFi you could also combine Vanilla Kernel, SMBIOS and ACPIPlatform, you just need to take the AppleACPIPowerSource.kext from previous AppleACPIPlatform from it's plugins directory, just match the plugin boundaries with the kext version of ACPIPlatform, you may also need ACPIPS2Nub.kext (por PS2 devices).

I tried installing on m1330 with iAtkos v1.0i r2 with options selected for nVideo 8400 GS, ACPIP, Stock Kernel, and SMBIOS and i get the equivelent to the "blue screen of death" for a Mac, saying, "you must restart your computer".

So i restarted and booted with -v

I'm not very familiar with darwin, but it looks like is failing after initializing the Login Window Application due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException'

Any ideas? Am i missing something with the installation options?

I tried installing on m1330 with iAtkos v1.0i r2 with options selected for nVideo 8400 GS, ACPIP, Stock Kernel, and SMBIOS and i get the equivelent to the "blue screen of death" for a Mac, saying, "you must restart your computer".

So i restarted and booted with -v

I'm not very familiar with darwin, but it looks like is failing after initializing the Login Window Application due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException'

Any ideas? Am i missing something with the installation options?

You need to intalll without the Nvudua 8400 GS kext. It'll boot then. After boot, then install the necessary kexts manually

OK, I got everything but sound working now using the new Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD. I haven't tried getting sound working yet though. My first install attempt gave me the speaker icon, but no sound. The second install, which went very smoothly, doesnt have the sound icon at all. I'll work on the sound and see if I can get that going and report back here.

just finished installing osx off the kalyway 10.5.1 dvd.. install went ok and i can now boot into osx. but i do have a few problems id like to ask help on (i have read almost all of this thread and seen some similar things but havent found a definite answer -- if i missed something i do apologize and a simple link will help millions!)

hardware = dell m1330, t5450 processor, intel integrated video card, dell wireless 1490 wifi card...

1) i have a dell wireless 1490 card (which i think is the same as the dell truemobile 1490 card) but osx does NOT recognize this as an airport. do i need to install an additional kext to fix this or is there just something wrong with my install??

2) photobooth says my graphics card isnt supported when i try to open it. is this normal?? any fix?? for info purposes, my integrated webcam DOES work in OSX (i used it to snap a user picture for account set up and it worked perfectly) -- FYI: i have intel integrated graphics video card.

3) the install went successful, and my dual boot is working fine, but when i start up i MUST select safemode (-x) or else it freezes at the apple grey loading screen... anyway to fix this?? (if not, this is a very minor deal in my book)

AFAIK for the 1490 you only need the originals IO80211Family.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext

Ules it has a diferente Device ID it should work with any modification to the original kexts.

Check it's device id on windows or with DPCI manager an see this thread for how to add your DevID to the kext:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=23684

Everything works? o_O And shutdown/reboot with 10.5.2 kexts and NVinject?

Lol, I mean "hardware" works, shutdown and reboot no, I stay in 10.5.1 for the moment, and my 8600m works with NVinject ^_^

Anybody have microphone works ?