[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

4.- Keyboard. I have the V3 path installed ( in order to make work the stop button ) in ( System --> Library --> Extension --> ApplePS2Controller ( right button - show Package contents ) --> Contents --> Plugins --> ApplePS2Keyboard.kext ) and the buttler application.

I attached on the first post som replacements for the ApplePS2Keyboard.kext that enables the "" keys on spanish keyboards (these keys varies on other language keyboards).

I also post this in the Spanish subForum with a meesage that explains that by default those keys are not recognized on PS2 keyboards.

And Macgirl! It think it is time to tidy up your first post :P I feel there are coming more and more repeating questions already answered on your first page :D

Yeah, I thought so that, right know i have little time to do it (job requires some duties to make some things about the bicentenal that is coming on 2010), anyway I edited the 1st post and put the KNOWN ISSUES, if yout think it needs more tell me.

When USB Emulation is on, Sleep doesnt work. When it is off, it works. So I guess there's the problem.

I have always had USB emulation ON. Does it block if you remove all devices from the USB? When 10.5.3 sources comes out I will work more on that and maybe merge the changes from PCGenxxx.kext if it seem feasible.

I am stuck trying to install iatkos r2 on my m1530 but without anything being accomplished. I always erase and set to journaled. I tried so many different customizations, but I am not sure of the appropriate ones. I used the gparted live cd to set the boot flag. No matter what I do I always end up with the blinking - .

Could anyone tell me the appropriate customizations and how to fix the not booting issue or the blinking -?

Thanks for any help.

Hello everyone,

Great thread. I was curious if anyone else notices that the CPU temp on the M1330 is much hotter when plugged into the charger?

Unplugged idle is around 48-51, plugged in it's at 68-71.

Is this only me? Is this just maybe because of the extra heat from the battery being charged?

I am running the vanilla kernel on 10.5.1.

Thanks,

Cody

I am stuck trying to install iatkos r2 on my m1530 but without anything being accomplished. I always erase and set to journaled. I tried so many different customizations, but I am not sure of the appropriate ones. I used the gparted live cd to set the boot flag. No matter what I do I always end up with the blinking - .

Could anyone tell me the appropriate customizations and how to fix the not booting issue or the blinking -?

Thanks for any help.

Try installing only with enabled EFI Bootloader, S-ATA Support und Speedstep. Worked for me.

I have a Vostro 1700 - 10.5.2

Is anyone else experiencing really flakey bluetooth on there laptop? By flakey, I mean:

I have observed the following: After pairing my laptop to my phone, BT turns off (I think). The light on the side still shows it as active - but I don't think the indication lights work (wifi is on - but the light isn't). More to the point - when I look at BT preferences - the box for "on" and "discoverable" are both unchecked (and greyed out). When I move the switch on the side to "off" - then there are no bluetooth devices present. but moving the switch back to on - only shows the device which is still showing greyed out "on" and "discoverable" boxes - still unchecked.

I have the BT 355 module (had vista) - so should I run the downgrade trick with the 350 DFU.exe from dell (will it even work?) There is no DFU.exe with the XP drivers for the 355... So I am stumped at the moment...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

-Daniel

I have a Vostro 1700 - 10.5.2

Is anyone else experiencing really flakey bluetooth on there laptop? By flakey, I mean:

I have observed the following: After pairing my laptop to my phone, BT turns off (I think). The light on the side still shows it as active - but I don't think the indication lights work (wifi is on - but the light isn't). More to the point - when I look at BT preferences - the box for "on" and "discoverable" are both unchecked (and greyed out). When I move the switch on the side to "off" - then there are no bluetooth devices present. but moving the switch back to on - only shows the device which is still showing greyed out "on" and "discoverable" boxes - still unchecked.

I have the BT 355 module (had vista) - so should I run the downgrade trick with the 350 DFU.exe from dell (will it even work?) There is no DFU.exe with the XP drivers for the 355... So I am stumped at the moment...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

-Daniel

I'm still having some problems with mine also. It doesn't always link with my mouse when it first or when it wakes from sleep. Normally I can just turn the switch off and back on and it will link up.

Try installing only with enabled EFI Bootloader, S-ATA Support und Speedstep. Worked for me.

So when you went through the installation process you selected those options and then on reboot it worked or did you have to do any other steps afterwards? Also when you selected efi bootloader did you select any of the other options with it, like the stock kernel?

Hello,

Thanks for this great guide.

I have read a lot of pages , and particulary the 4 last.

I would like to know if, now, it's possible to have speedstep and sleep working at the same time?

Thank you

Nicolas

ps:

Sorry for my bad english : I'm French.

Hi all especially Macgirl,

I'd like to know whether it's possible or not to assign escape to STOP button instead of F18. It would be great for Front Row and the remote control

Tell me if it's possible or not because I've not success to do this modification with ukulele

Of course is possible, on Butler just assing the stop key to "keystrokes" and add the esc key.

1.- The SD card reader ( 8 in 1 ), ... it doesn't work. is there some information about this issue ?

AFAIK the card reader is not recognized, there is a develop by Chun-Nan of a kexts for CardBus/PCMCIA PC Cards for Leopard check his thread here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=81036

I didn't test it because I have no memory to test it, as also the Express Card.

Please help me! I've met an urgent problem! Today I get a wireless card which is BCM4311 based for my XPS M1530. Everything works fine in Windows XP, but nothing happens in Leopard. The card is from a Dell Latitude D630 which is believed to be natived supported in Leopard. Mine is Kalyway 10.5.1...Please help me !! THANKS IN TONS!!

Check that you have latest IO80211Family.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext.

Hello everyone,

Great thread. I was curious if anyone else notices that the CPU temp on the M1330 is much hotter when plugged into the charger?

Unplugged idle is around 48-51, plugged in it's at 68-71.

Is this only me? Is this just maybe because of the extra heat from the battery being charged?

I am running the vanilla kernel on 10.5.1.

Thanks,

Cody

Not for me, I have the same temps connected or not.

Which battery do you have, I have the 9 cell.

Hello,

Thanks for this great guide.

I have read a lot of pages , and particulary the 4 last.

I would like to know if, now, it's possible to have speedstep and sleep working at the same time?

Thank you

Nicolas

Is not possible the momment, for SpeedStep ther is a particular kernel and does not work well for Sleep, also vanilla Kernel and Sleep kernel does not work for SpeedStep.

Of course is possible, on Butler just assing the stop key to "keystrokes" and add the esc key.

Hi,

I've already tried and it doesn't seem to work in front row. I mean that when I press stop, it doesn't do "esc" in front row so you can't use the media key in front row because there is no way to go back. You can just use left/right/up/down/enter (which are on the remote control) but there is no escape key

So if you have any idea...

Furthermore, I've also tried your patch for sd card reader but i get a kp when I install the 2 files. Have you tried to install this file or not?

I try to install OSX to Inspiron 1420 and struck with IOAPIC. I used to install TOH 10.5 in Acer 5570 and it works fine. Would like to seek help on how to overcome this problem. Thanks for your help in advance.

My Dell Inspiron 1520 gets stuck trying to boot the install DVD.

This is the last thing I see with every kernel option (Kalyway 10.5.2 and Leo4Allv2 10.5.2)

-------------------------

MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23

[]

---------------------------------------------

uses GM 965, nVidia 8600M, Core2Duo, 4GB RAM.

iATKOSv2 10.5.1 boots up but it's only 10.5.1

Anyone have any suggestions?

I have always had USB emulation ON. Does it block if you remove all devices from the USB? When 10.5.3 sources comes out I will work more on that and maybe merge the changes from PCGenxxx.kext if it seem feasible.

Seems i just messed something up... I just applied the clean 10.5.2 retail backup and sleep works without problems even with USB Emulation enabled.

Thanks for your efforts anyway!

This is the last thing I see with every kernel option (Kalyway 10.5.2 and Leo4Allv2 10.5.2)

[]

You can install with iATKOS and then use Kalyway's combo updater to update to 10.5.2. There is also a kernel update that kalyway has setup that makes it very easy to update your kernel after you run the combo update.

Seems i just messed something up... I just applied the clean 10.5.2 retail backup and sleep works without problems even with USB Emulation enabled.

Thanks for your efforts anyway!

No problem! It is however a sign of problems that are increasingly coming to the osx86. There just are too many modifications to choose from, and many are quick and dirty changes which is most likely doing more pain than pleasure... at least in the long run. People are installing these en mass and forget about them, and suddenly they have glitching apps and crashes none are able to explain.

[]

same problem here with vostro 1700...

:P

No problem! It is however a sign of problems that are increasingly coming to the osx86. There just are too many modifications to choose from, and many are quick and dirty changes which is most likely doing more pain than pleasure... at least in the long run. People are installing these en mass and forget about them, and suddenly they have glitching apps and crashes none are able to explain.

Thats absolutely right. Without a backup or at least a backup of all your kexts and modifications done, you are really screwed.

I'm pretty happy that it runs at all here thoug, and I'm impressed by the OS.

[]

Try the CD eject trick. When it gets to that point press the CD eject button. It should continue, put the DVD back in as soon as it does. This worked for me on my M1330.

Hello everyone!

First off I just wanted to say thanks to macgirl for putting this all together and everyone that has contributed. After drudging through all the posts and many many installs later I was finally able to get myself a nice dual boot Vista/OSX system in place.

Almost everything is working perfectly. The exception is the Audio (Sigma Tel). I think I've tried everything, but it still doesn't work. If anyone has any luck, can you let me know? Also if anyone else is having trouble with setting up an XPS 1530 let me know I would be glad to help. All of the information I found to get it working was right here in this thread.

I also installed the Kalaway 10.5.2 update. It works fine but now it takes a while to boot up. It hangs for a bit on the wireless card I think.

Thanks

P. S. I did forget to mention that the Sleep, Shutdown and restart are all having problems too. Working on that now.