[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

@Macgirl

One last thing that's not working:

The Shutdown restart action.

Once I do a restart, or shutdown, there are some lines scrolling on the screen, the screen turns black, but that's it.

I Have Netkas 9.2.0 running.

Anything you can do for me to get that working ?

Thanks

Micman

BTW, anyone wants a Intel N card for an XPS 1530 ?

I'll sell it for a good price ;-)

hey everyone... i'm new here (just registered) and i will admit i am a total noob at all this mac osx86 stuff but i am really trying to get it on my machine (dell m1330).. i have a few (admittedly stupid / simple) questions about the whole process, and i know most people will probably not want to deal with it but if anyone could help i would greatly appreciate it..

my goal is to, of course, set my vista to a dual boot system of vista and osx. as far as i know, the easiest way to do this is to manually partition, and then install the iatkos build in the osx partition (correct me if i am wrong here)

the part that gets me is i dont understand about all the editing kexts and things liek that to get components working. i would need the speakers, usb, and wifi to work. other things are arbitrary (battery meter, webcam, etc.) and just want to know if someone with limited knowledge of this stuff would ever be able to figure it out or if i would be better off to just forget about this all together and stick with my semi-decent vista...

links to any tutorials for noobs and the such would be much appreciated, and, sorry again for my extremely limited knowledge level on this stuff..

hey everyone... i'm new here (just registered) and i will admit i am a total noob at all this mac osx86 stuff but i am really trying to get it on my machine (dell m1330).. i have a few (admittedly stupid / simple) questions about the whole process, and i know most people will diting kexts and things liek that to get components working. i would need the speakers, usb, and wifi to work. other things are arbitrary (battery meter, webcam, etc.) and just want to know if someone with limited knowledge of this stuff would ever be able to figure it out or if i would be better off to just forget about this all together and stick with my semi-decent vista...

links to any tutorials for noobs and the such would be much appreciated, and, sorry again for my extremely limited knowledge level on this stuff..

Jus go to he first page of this thread...follow MACgirls instructions and guides carefully...i mean really carefully ...read throughly

if u have any specific problems u can comeback and ask

wish u best of luck

Hi macgirl, I'm using a XPS M1710, i'm in trouble with shutdown and sleep, sleep works but can't turn it on after a sleep, shutdown even doesn't work (screen off, leds didn't).

I installed iatkosr2 with SpeedStep, i tried the new powerManagement bundle in the GUIDE for DELL tut but it doesn't work, i tried superhai kext but it doesn't too.

I think there's something to do with the speedstep since I was successful before with the new powerManagement bundle without Speedstep including when installing OSX.

Do I really need speed step? How could I possibly do now? I really don't want to install it again because there was many things I've installed and it might take the whole 2-3 days to install them all again.

Thank you.

I'm just using cpus=1, is there any way to fix this?

Hello Everyone! Thanks to all for helping me get my 1520 on OSX. I've done a lot of reading and have my system doing sleep, speedstep, or vanilla 9.2.2

Under the 9.2 kernels, sleep and speedstep, I cannot connect my BT mouse. I believe it may have something to do with kexts not being loaded for the other kernels as my external hdd, wd mybook 205G, is not recognized until I load the kext for mass storage.

Then again, I really do not yet know much about macs, so any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Another problem currently is why blackberry gives me a low power warning under 9.2 kernels but connects fine to 9.2.2 vanilla.

My main kernel is vanilla.

Thanks again for all your previous help. Hopefully someone out there can help again.

Light

I think I have a tips for you. Coolbook seem to be a good option for better battery life for me. It is not free, but you can download it and without registering it looks like it adds a lowpower profile when you are on battery power which seem like is giving me around one hour extra battery time, (it sets cpu speed lower and voltage lower)

I haven't had time to test it much, but I think it might be an option worth checking.

Hi all especially Macgirl,

I'd like to know whether it's possible or not to assign escape to STOP button instead of F18. It would be great for Front Row and the remote control

Tell me if it's possible or not because I've not success to do this modification with ukulele

Thanks for this great tutorial compilation. It helped me a lot to get things on my Vostro running. I got one question left though.

Is it possible to go into Sleep mode with USB Emulation (BIOS setting) enabled?

Thanks for this great tutorial compilation. It helped me a lot to get things on my Vostro running. I got one question left though.

Is it possible to go into Sleep mode with USB Emulation (BIOS setting) enabled?

Why don't you just try? On my XPS it does.

Hi, I'm writting from Spain and I have a Dell m1330 with iatkos v1.0 and MAC OS X version 10.5.1. I have some little questions that I would like to ask in the forum :

1.- The SD card reader ( 8 in 1 ), ... it doesn't work. is there some information about this issue ?

2.- About the sound, I have the Taruga 1.16 patch and I can hear the sound through the speakers and also through the headphones. The problem is that despite of having the headphones plugged, the sound in the speakers doesn't stop. I hava read in the forum some work around : go to SystemPreferences --> Sound --> Output --> Choose a device for sound ouput, but there is nothing to select there. Actually, in this screen, I can only choose "Internal Speakers". Any solution for this?

post-209709-1207595677_thumb.jpg

3.- Video. I have installed the Nvidea 4.1 patch and everything is working fine except the shutdown and the restart of the system. This is a known issue, but i would like to know if there is something new at this point ?

4.- Keyboard. I have the V3 path installed ( in order to make work the stop button ) in ( System --> Library --> Extension --> ApplePS2Controller ( right button - show Package contents ) --> Contents --> Plugins --> ApplePS2Keyboard.kext ) and the buttler application.

post-209709-1207596007_thumb.jpg

The problem is that neither the key '<' nor the key '>' are working. Even inside the butler program, trying to set up a short key for stepping to the next song ( for example ), I press over the key and nothings appears in the screen. Anyone had the same problem or knws anything about it? ( my keyboard is Spanish ). Is there any layout for the Spanish keyboard?

post-209709-1207596200_thumb.jpg

Thank you in advance.

Hi, I'm writting from Spain and I have a Dell m1330 with iatkos v1.0 and MAC OS X version 10.5.1. I have some little questions that I would like to ask in the forum :

1.- The SD card reader ( 8 in 1 ), ... it doesn't work. is there some information about this issue ?

No. There are some work done, but nothing useful yet.

2.- About the sound, I have the Taruga 1.16 patch and I can hear the sound through the speakers and also through the headphones.

Don't use patcher!!!!!! It is a prepatched kext available.

3.- Video. I have installed the Nvidea 4.1 patch and everything is working fine except the shutdown and the restart of the system. This is a known issue, but i would like to know if there is something new at this point ?

Nothing new really.

The problem is that neither the key '<' nor the key '>' are working. Even inside the butler program, trying to set up a short key for stepping to the next song ( for example )

There are basic layouts in OSX, there are custom ones in program ukulele, where you also can modify.

And Macgirl! It think it is time to tidy up your first post :( I feel there are coming more and more repeating questions already answered on your first page :)

Hey, I am pretty new to this and need some help to start off.

I used Iatkos and have 2 known bugs I would like to fix.

First of all I had read a lot about the Restart/Shutdown/Sleep problem and I haven't found a solution yet (hopefully you can help me).

And I also want to make use of the Mediabuttons. But somehow I can't get it to work.

To be honest I have no clue about the terminal - is there an easier way to install kext files? And how can i watch the content of them (see previous poster)

My Vostro does not, thats why I am asking :-)I already tried applying your patch.
It is possible that also the UHCI kext needs the patch. You sure it is your usb's that is blocking? what devices have you on your bus?write system_profiler SPUSBDataType | grep PCI and show it.
Hey, I am pretty new to this and need some help to start off.To be honest I have no clue about the terminal - is there an easier way to install kext files? And how can i watch the content of them (see previous poster)
You have to learn terminal if you want to fix your hackintosh. There exists easier apps, but they don't help you when things go wrong. I would leave things as you have it now if there are only those things that won't work.To view contents you select the kext and choose Show Package Contents.

It is possible that also the UHCI kext needs the patch. You sure it is your usb's that is blocking? what devices have you on your bus?write system_profiler SPUSBDataType | grep PCI and show it.

When USB Emulation is on, Sleep doesnt work. When it is off, it works. So I guess there's the problem.

Here is the output:

PCI Device ID: 0x283a
  PCI Revision ID: 0x0002
  PCI Vendor ID: 0x8086
  PCI Device ID: 0x2836
  PCI Device ID: 0x2834
  PCI Device ID: 0x2835
  PCI Device ID: 0x2830
  PCI Device ID: 0x2831
  PCI Device ID: 0x2832

Thanks for helping me

No. There are some work done, but nothing useful yet.

Don't use patcher!!!!!! It is a prepatched kext available.

STAC9228_0x83847616.zip --> replace ALCinject.kext and AppleHDA.kext in /System/Libraries/Extensions/ and delete AppleAzalia.kext ??

Where is the path to AppleAzalia.kext ?

Thanks

STAC9228_0x83847616.zip --> replace ALCinject.kext and AppleHDA.kext in /System/Libraries/Extensions/ and delete AppleAzalia.kext ??

Where is the path to AppleAzalia.kext ?

Thanks

ovd I'm a drag and drop kind of guy but I open my mac drive/system/library/extensions find the kext and drag it to the trash can and type my password.

Hi.

Thanks for this extensive guide! It's great.

However, I have run in to some problems after installing the 10.5.2 update (Vanilla). I modified the info.plist like it said in the guide, and it worked very well until my third reboot. Then I got the error-messager "system extensions can not be used." About the ACPIPS2Nub.kext

Now I can't reinstall the kext, because my keyboard is not working, so I can't type my password. This also prevents me from booting in single user mode....

Can anyone tell me how I can get my keyboard working again? Do I need an usb keyboard to plug into my M1330?

EDIT: Got it working by booting with -f command and reinstalling an updated ACPIPS2Nub.kext

Please help me! I've met an urgent problem! Today I get a wireless card which is BCM4311 based for my XPS M1530. Everything works fine in Windows XP, but nothing happens in Leopard. The card is from a Dell Latitude D630 which is believed to be natived supported in Leopard. Mine is Kalyway 10.5.1...Please help me !! THANKS IN TONS!!