[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
4332 replies to this topic

markiemark

markiemark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

PCGenUSBEHCI does not go on Extensios folder ,you need to delete the AppleUSBEHCI.kext and place the PCGenUSBEHCI there:

whole path is:
/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

BTW, just bought a Dell Truemobile Wireless 1505 Draft N mini PCI card from ebay, now that lappy sleeps fine, and Zydas dongle does not work after wake it will be a perfect Lapintosh.

I also copied the kext in the extensions folder. i will try to fix it.

esthetik

esthetik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
ouch, bad news : i installed pcgenusbehci, removed appleusbehci in plugins sections of iousbfamily, made a chown/chmod on iousbfamily.kext, repair premissions, reboot, and my laptop stop on the white charging page of mac OS, he stays here and do go further, i got the little circle running but nothing happens. So how do i change that, because i'm note the best with commands i got to do from the darwin bootloader, and why did it happen ?

vodka21

vodka21

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i added the file into the correct directory and my m1330 does in fact go to sleep mode! but when i go to open the lid it will wake for about 2 seconds and i well receive a message that requests i hold down the power button for several seconds, or hit the restart button.

i am running iatkos off of an external hard disk may this be the reasoning?

Also i have added the sigmatel 9228 codec and that has also worked for me! but some times upon reboot sound will not work and the sleep display corner does not fix this for me.

My laptop also boots into sleep display and i have to use the sleep display corner to have my screen appear.

markiemark

markiemark

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

i added the file into the correct directory and my m1330 does in fact go to sleep mode! but when i go to open the lid it will wake for about 2 seconds and i well receive a message that requests i hold down the power button for several seconds, or hit the restart button.

Also i have added the sigmatel 9228 codec and that has also worked for me! but some times upon reboot sound will not work and the sleep display corner does not fix this for me.

My laptop also boots into sleep display and i have to use the sleep display corner to have my screen appear.

i now also have copied the file into the plugin folder so usb is working again but i have a similar problem. The computer does sleep but will not wake up anymore.

yeye

yeye

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
my vostro was sleeping before the installation of this kext but it didn't wake up.
I've tried to install this kext and I've lost my USB ports and sleep doesn't work...

Let's hope that it will work ASAP

vodka21

vodka21

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
what i did to wake was close the lid wait a couple seconds and then reopen it.

Superhai

Superhai

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 1,425 posts

If it is a USB harddisk most likely.

Superhai

Superhai

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 1,425 posts

On original IOUSBFamily:

IOUSBHIDDriver.cpp:
clock_get_uptime(&timeStamp);
error: cannot convert 'AbsoluteTime*' to 'uint64_t*' for argument '1' to 'void clock_get_uptime(uint64_t*)'

Yes, you will get that error. You can change (in this case) it to
clock_get_uptime( (uint64_t *) &timeStamp);
to avoid it. Or use gcc 3.

Oh and btw the #ifndef error can quicly be fixed by putting and #endif at the end of the header (it is there so the declarations will be twice)

dantastic

dantastic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
After doing some edits to the AppleYukon.kext I have managed to get the hackintosh to somewhat recognize my 88e8040. A new device is detected in network preferences and the lights on the Nic itself light up. However, it just says that no network cable connected.

After some googling I've found that the 88e8040 is a new type of card not covered by most current drivers. There is no driver for BSD, there is a patch for Solaris and the Linux kernel has just gotten one.

Now please let me know you knowledgeable, would it be a biggie porting either the Linux or Solaris driver to OS X?

I'm thinking the Solaris driver as that one come as a patch to the regular Yukon driver so that one should make it obvious what is needed and what should be changed.

Alternatively, I wouldn't have a bother forking out 10-20 quid for a supported Nic. Is the Nic on a M1530 user replaceable? - anyone done it???

or am I being a tit altogether, please tell me if USB is the only option if I want wired.

vodka21

vodka21

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
in the system prefs menu under energy saving if i were to uncheck the box for "put disks to sleep when possible"
would be a solution for my problem with the external harddisk after waking the computer from sleep?

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets

ouch, bad news : i installed pcgenusbehci, removed appleusbehci in plugins sections of iousbfamily, made a chown/chmod on iousbfamily.kext, repair premissions, reboot, and my laptop stop on the white charging page of mac OS, he stays here and do go further, i got the little circle running but nothing happens. So how do i change that, because i'm note the best with commands i got to do from the darwin bootloader, and why did it happen ?

Why this happen, don't know, Sometimes (very few) I got the reboot screen, then next time I don't.

How to solve, bot into sigle user mode (-s) mount main volume as writeable "mount -uw /" then erase extensions cashe "rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext" and "reboot" if error persist boot in safe mode (-x)

Sure, since all the USB ports are power down on sleep.

Use the already patched AppleHDA.kext, is the only one tha gives you speakers on XPS M1330.

After doing some edits to the AppleYukon.kext I have managed to get the hackintosh to somewhat recognize my 88e8040. A new device is detected in network preferences and the lights on the Nic itself light up. However, it just says that no network cable connected.

After some googling I've found that the 88e8040 is a new type of card not covered by most current drivers. There is no driver for BSD, there is a patch for Solaris and the Linux kernel has just gotten one.

Now please let me know you knowledgeable, would it be a biggie porting either the Linux or Solaris driver to OS X?

I'm thinking the Solaris driver as that one come as a patch to the regular Yukon driver so that one should make it obvious what is needed and what should be changed.

Alternatively, I wouldn't have a bother forking out 10-20 quid for a supported Nic. Is the Nic on a M1530 user replaceable? - anyone done it???

or am I being a tit altogether, please tell me if USB is the only option if I want wired.

USB to ethernet is the most popular, but there were PCMCIA ethernet cards, don't know if there are Express Cards for Ethernet (also don't kno if the express card bay works on Mac OS), I had once a SCSI to Ethernet adapter.

in the system prefs menu under energy saving if i were to uncheck the box for "put disks to sleep when possible"
would be a solution for my problem with the external harddisk after waking the computer from sleep?

I don't think so, since the USB prts are power down anyway.

geekdad

geekdad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
I am sorry MacGirl, that is what I did. But lost USB and bluetooth. I reapplied the Kalyway combo update and I have my USB and bluetooth back. It also sleeps but will not sleep when I close the lid..........
Will keep reading the post to see if anyone has gotten that to work..
Geekdad

vodka21

vodka21

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Use the already patched AppleHDA.kext, is the only one tha gives you speakers on XPS M1330.

i did use this file and it did work at first but upon reboot it would not. the sleep display trick has not worked for me.

Superhai

Superhai

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 1,425 posts
I made another one USBEHCI for sleep kext (now with hopefully foolproof package :( ) this one based on apples source (308.4.0) not the PCGen one, as I believe it is not necessary for the XPS M1330. (I am not sure about other dells) .
-> USBEHCI Updater <-

If you have any problems you might open up the Console and check the logs for what happened. And if you have PCGenUSBEHCI installed - remove it.

vodka21

vodka21

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Is there any possible way to not have the usb ports disabled during sleep mode? Because also for the short period of time before i receive a message to restart i have sound. This seems to be a solution for that as well.

Superhai

Superhai

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 1,425 posts

Is there any possible way to not have the usb ports disabled during sleep mode?

Well then it would be just as well to just not sleep. If you want to have a computer thats awake you shouldn't put it to sleep. :(

vodka21

vodka21

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
well lol the reason i actually tried to put the comp to sleep was to fix my sound problem which it did. but it made my comp need to restart which kind of defeats the purpose lol.

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets

i did use this file and it did work at first but upon reboot it would not. the sleep display trick has not worked for me.

Is not the sleep display that makes sound work, that alos not worked for me, whe I loose sound I make it to sleep (even when it didn't work before) and recover sound.

Well then it would be just as well to just not sleep. If you want to have a computer thats awake you shouldn't put it to sleep. :D

There is a setting in the BIOS to make the USB "listens" for wake up calls LOL, it says it only work if the Power Adapter is attached, and the default setting is OFF.

So maybe inserting an USB device should work if that setting is ON, also when the Ethernet port will work it also wakes the Lappy with WOL.

I will test this :P

EDIT:
I tested that setting of the BIOS, it wont allow the Lappy to Sleep

Also a note, if you use the Superhai Installer remove the PCGenUSBECHI.kext, before of after the installer package.Superhai, the modded AppleUSBEHCI worked too.

Tex1ntux

Tex1ntux

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I'm having issues with shutdown/reboot after installing the nvidia driver package for my 8400m on my 1520.

macgirl says this issue is caused by the nvidia .kexts; is there any way to unload these files and then reboot/shutdown?
Like sudo killall, err... I don't actually have any idea of what I'm talking about.

Also, whenever I boot the system up and it's at the apple logo with the circle progress thing the circle stops moving and then instead of starting it freezes for a few minutes and then starts up. How do I fix this?

dantastic

dantastic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

I'm having issues with shutdown/reboot after installing the nvidia driver package for my 8400m on my 1520.

macgirl says this issue is caused by the nvidia .kexts; is there any way to unload these files and then reboot/shutdown?
Like sudo killall, err... I don't actually have any idea of what I'm talking about.

Also, whenever I boot the system up and it's at the apple logo with the circle progress thing the circle stops moving and then instead of starting it freezes for a few minutes and then starts up. How do I fix this?

The slow boot is due to you running the wrong kernel, head over to netkas.org and get a new one.

The shutdown problem I don't think anyone has solved yet. You either have graphics or clean shutdown. I've graphics!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy