[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
4332 replies to this topic

Maxxxi1

Maxxxi1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

- It helps if your DSDT Has the _UID patch. (Under PCI0 -> Change _ADR to _UID)

- Put Fakesmc in /S/L/E of your USB install system

- You may or may not need to replace IOPCIfamily and ACPIPlatform with Sow leo version (10.6.6/10.6.7)

Not all options are needed usually but it may help you doing all three.

BTW - These are amply documented in this forum.

Good luck

Thanks to a new DSDT with Lion fixes, my 10.6.8 is booting up, but it's running rather bad (definitively not as well as 10.6.7->no wifi e.g.).
Your FakeSMC methode did not work for me, the installer still freezes...
Any other options?

Maxxxi1

Maxxxi1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Thanks to a new DSDT with Lion fixes, my 10.6.8 is booting up, but it's running rather bad (definitively not as well as 10.6.7->no wifi e.g.).
Your FakeSMC methode did not work for me, the installer still freezes...
Any other options?

Well, finally I got it. The solution was quite simple.
1) Update Chameleon to latest version of Chimera (new bootloader from tonymacx)
2) Create a second partition, about 8 GB
3) Mount the Lion.dmg
4) Use xMove and install it to the previously created partition to prepare the installer
5) Boot with Chimera to the Installer partition
6) Install over your Snow Leopard without problems and no freeze
7) ???
8) Profit! ;-)

Seems like Lion is working much better than 10.6.8 (at the first view everything seems to work)

Nathaniel Underwood

Nathaniel Underwood

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hi there,

can you point me to a thread, message number in this thread or a guide installing Lion on Dell XPS 1330? Currently i have a almost perfect (no sleep/no shutdown) vanilla Snow Leopard running in my laptop but the update to 10.6.8 is not working at all and freezes my laptop so I prefer to upgrade to Lion if possible than fix the 10.6.8.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Maxxxi1

Maxxxi1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Hi there,

can you point me to a thread, message number in this thread or a guide installing Lion on Dell XPS 1330? Currently i have a almost perfect (no sleep/no shutdown) vanilla Snow Leopard running in my laptop but the update to 10.6.8 is not working at all and freezes my laptop so I prefer to upgrade to Lion if possible than fix the 10.6.8.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

I recommend you to use the latest DSDT with Lion fixes from there. It helped me to fix many problems.
Furthermore you should delete your VoodooHDA.kext before upgrade to prevent kernel panic. The other kexts you are using should continue to work fine with Lion.
I have written a guide to install Lion just one or two posts ago...that's the way how it worked to me and it should be working with 1330, too...
Btw 10.6.8 didn't work to me neither, I was surprised that Lion is fully working now ;-)

Cheers

Nathaniel Underwood

Nathaniel Underwood

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I was able to fix the 10.6.8 kernel panic with VoodooHDA, now my laptop boots and everything is fine excepts
i've got no sound, the system detects the device or at leats a device but i can't get any sound from speakers, i fixed it
booting in safe mode (-x), removing VoodooHDA and AppleHDA, running ##### and selecting following options:

- UserDSDT Install (with DSDT from recomended post)
- System Utilities for fix permissions and so on...
- Realtek ALC8xx with AppleHDA Rollback and Non-DSDT HDAEnabler

and like I said before, i get the device recognized but not sound at all.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance.

Maxxxi1

Maxxxi1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

I was able to fix the 10.6.8 kernel panic with VoodooHDA, now my laptop boots and everything is fine excepts
i've got no sound, the system detects the device or at leats a device but i can't get any sound from speakers, i fixed it
booting in safe mode (-x), removing VoodooHDA and AppleHDA, running ##### and selecting following options:

- UserDSDT Install (with DSDT from recomended post)
- System Utilities for fix permissions and so on...
- Realtek ALC8xx with AppleHDA Rollback and Non-DSDT HDAEnabler

and like I said before, i get the device recognized but not sound at all.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance.

You shouldnt have installed both kexts (VoodoooHDA and AppleHDA), it leads to kernel panic.
I recommended to you to delete VoodooHDA before upgrade, because the upgrade will install a new AppleHDA (in case you have deleted it before it is back after the upgrade). So your next boot will unavoidable lead to kernel panic and you have to delete AppleHDA via console...
So my advice: Delete VoodooHDA before upgrade, reboot, delete AppleHDA and reinstall VoodooHDA, reboot. After that you should get sound again.

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

You shouldnt have installed both kexts (VoodoooHDA and AppleHDA), it leads to kernel panic.
I recommended to you to delete VoodooHDA before upgrade, because the upgrade will install a new AppleHDA (in case you have deleted it before it is back after the upgrade). So your next boot will unavoidable lead to kernel panic and you have to delete AppleHDA via console...
So my advice: Delete VoodooHDA before upgrade, reboot, delete AppleHDA and reinstall VoodooHDA, reboot. After that you should get sound again.

Alternately, simply use the AppleHDADisabler.kext which quite obviously disables the loading of any AppleHDA.kext by the system. :)
Attached File  AppleHDADisabler.kext.zip   14.16KB   23 downloads

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
if you get no net or wireless or sound.. change smbios.plist youre using MacBookPro4,1 = No pci devices ( or no smbios.plist so it defaults to it)

wizardfatty

wizardfatty

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Does shutdown still not work for 1520 on 10.6, does it work on Lion?

Fa90

Fa90

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
shutdown, sleep works fine in Lion, use the Install-Packages i asked for some pages before :rolleyes:

HDMI is still not working, with exception HDMI to DVI.

while i installed Lion i splitter my HDD into 2 Parts, 200GB Mac and 50GB Windows. I love to use my Windows-Stuff in Lion, simply open the Partion in OSX. Is there any way to do it the other way around, too? I want to have access to my Mac HDD in Windows, too :)

Cheers and thanks again for all of your great Help! :)

ywkwy

ywkwy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi guys, I need help..
I've successfully install lion on my m1530 and it boot up successful, when the time i wanted to fix the hardware problem, i think i copied the wrong kexts on the extra and now it freeze on booting up the lion.. May I know is there anyway to boot it back for me to remove the wrongly paste kexts? thx..

wizardfatty

wizardfatty

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

shutdown, sleep works fine in Lion, use the Install-Packages i asked for some pages before :P

while i installed Lion i splitter my HDD into 2 Parts, 200GB Mac and 50GB Windows. I love to use my Windows-Stuff in Lion, simply open the Partion in OSX. Is there any way to do it the other way around, too? I want to have access to my Mac HDD in Windows, too ;)

Thanks! I use mac drive to view mac formatted USB drives on my snow leopard install, so that program may work for viewing Mac HDD's when you are in windows.

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

shutdown, sleep works fine in Lion, use the Install-Packages i asked for some pages before ;)

while i installed Lion i splitter my HDD into 2 Parts, 200GB Mac and 50GB Windows. I love to use my Windows-Stuff in Lion, simply open the Partion in OSX. Is there any way to do it the other way around, too? I want to have access to my Mac HDD in Windows, too :)

he has m1530 shutdown worked for past year.

inspiron 1520 NO
M1330 NO

Fa90

Fa90

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
any solution for hdmi yet? :D

immo

immo

Insanely Looking for Time to Hack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Hi guys, I need help..
I've successfully install lion on my m1530 and it boot up successful, when the time i wanted to fix the hardware problem, i think i copied the wrong kexts on the extra and now it freeze on booting up the lion.. May I know is there anyway to boot it back for me to remove the wrongly paste kexts? thx..

Assuming you installed using the USB dongle method, boot off the USB dongle, enter terminal, and delete the kexts that you want to. You can also try seeing if it will boot without the USB dongle in single user mode. In Chameleon, cursor over your Lion partition, key in "-s" and press enter.

Arindam Banik

Arindam Banik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

I'm facing an unusual problem, I've installed 'Chameleon 2 RC v5' on the Mac Lion partition and when I try booting system through the HDD patition with MacLion, I get a KP for <AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement> . However, when I boot using the bootable Mac Lion USB drive then I'm able to boot successfuly into MacLion on HDD. Also, booting into Chameleon on HDD displays a command line boot prompt, booting into USB drive displays a GUI boot screen with two selectable icons, one for USB drive itself and one for the MacLion on HDD.

Thanks in advance,
arry

immo

immo

Insanely Looking for Time to Hack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Hi,

I'm facing an unusual problem, I've installed 'Chameleon 2 RC v5' on the Mac Lion partition and when I try booting system through the HDD patition with MacLion, I get a KP for <AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement> . However, when I boot using the bootable Mac Lion USB drive then I'm able to boot successfuly into MacLion on HDD. Also, booting into Chameleon on HDD displays a command line boot prompt, booting into USB drive displays a GUI boot screen with two selectable icons, one for USB drive itself and one for the MacLion on HDD.

Thanks in advance,
arry

It's probably not finding your DSDT on your Lion partition. It may be:
- Looking for it on another partition (do you have a separate Snow Leopard partition?)
- Incorrectly named or placed (Should be called /Extra/DSDT.aml)
- Permissions issue in your /Extra folder.
You can manually point it to a DSDT using DSDT=[path] (e.g. DSDT=/DSDT.aml)

If you don't have a DSDT you need one with a patched HPET. You can find one in my guide.

Also, it sounds like you have not installed the Chameleon themes which is why you are getting a prompt.

Immo

Arindam Banik

Arindam Banik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks immo.

I've MBR partitioning with 2 partitions with the first partition having MacLion and the second one is unformatted for installing Windows 7 later. I'm also using your latest '20110720' DSDT.aml for Lion.

Yes, I didn't install the Chameleon theme, which I shall install today along with the DSDT suggestions.

Shall let you know whether it worked or not.

Thanks again.
arry

larrybird

larrybird

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Just a few quick questions:

Is Intel graphics supported by 10.7 on the m1330? (Seems like everyone's got Nvidia)
Can 10.7 be installed cleanly or must it be as an upgrade from 10.6?

Arindam Banik

Arindam Banik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

It's probably not finding your DSDT on your Lion partition. It may be:
- Looking for it on another partition (do you have a separate Snow Leopard partition?)
- Incorrectly named or placed (Should be called /Extra/DSDT.aml)
- Permissions issue in your /Extra folder.
You can manually point it to a DSDT using DSDT=[path] (e.g. DSDT=/DSDT.aml)

If you don't have a DSDT you need one with a patched HPET. You can find one in my guide.

Also, it sounds like you have not installed the Chameleon themes which is why you are getting a prompt.

Immo

Okay, today I checked my MacLion partition for DSDT.aml and didn't find any in the root. So I copied one to the root from my 'MacOSX Base System' USB drive (same as your 20110720 version). I also re-installed Chameleon RC3 v5 with theme. Now when I boot I can see the GUI and focus on hdd MacLion partition. However, I'm still unable to boot into MacLion (and getting stuck at ':/ root#' when booting using '-s -v cpus=1'). Booting into MacLion using USB drive is still working fine.

One observation during verbose boot directly from HDD, I see the kexts getting loaded from [hd(0,1)/System/...] partition, however when I boot from USB drive, I see the kexts getting loaded from [hd(1,1)/System/...] partition. This doesn't seems to be correct. Could you help me with this?

Thanks,
arry

Few more lines prior to HDD boot freeze:

If you want to make modifications to files:
/sbin/fsck -fy
/sbin/mount -uw /

If you wish to boot the system:
exit

:/ root#

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy