[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

i did use this file and it did work at first but upon reboot it would not. the sleep display trick has not worked for me.

Is not the sleep display that makes sound work, that alos not worked for me, whe I loose sound I make it to sleep (even when it didn't work before) and recover sound.

Well then it would be just as well to just not sleep. If you want to have a computer thats awake you shouldn't put it to sleep. :D

There is a setting in the BIOS to make the USB "listens" for wake up calls LOL, it says it only work if the Power Adapter is attached, and the default setting is OFF.

So maybe inserting an USB device should work if that setting is ON, also when the Ethernet port will work it also wakes the Lappy with WOL.

I will test this :P

EDIT:

I tested that setting of the BIOS, it wont allow the Lappy to Sleep

Also a note, if you use the Superhai Installer remove the PCGenUSBECHI.kext, before of after the installer package.Superhai, the modded AppleUSBEHCI worked too.

I'm having issues with shutdown/reboot after installing the nvidia driver package for my 8400m on my 1520.

macgirl says this issue is caused by the nvidia .kexts; is there any way to unload these files and then reboot/shutdown?

Like sudo killall, err... I don't actually have any idea of what I'm talking about.

Also, whenever I boot the system up and it's at the apple logo with the circle progress thing the circle stops moving and then instead of starting it freezes for a few minutes and then starts up. How do I fix this?

I'm having issues with shutdown/reboot after installing the nvidia driver package for my 8400m on my 1520.

macgirl says this issue is caused by the nvidia .kexts; is there any way to unload these files and then reboot/shutdown?

Like sudo killall, err... I don't actually have any idea of what I'm talking about.

Also, whenever I boot the system up and it's at the apple logo with the circle progress thing the circle stops moving and then instead of starting it freezes for a few minutes and then starts up. How do I fix this?

The slow boot is due to you running the wrong kernel, head over to netkas.org and get a new one.

The shutdown problem I don't think anyone has solved yet. You either have graphics or clean shutdown. I've graphics!

The only way to know is booting in verbose mode (-v) to see the errors.

If this is hapenning just after install Nvidia 10.5.2 kexts with graphics update is because it needs an enabler like Nvinject, Natit or via gfx string.

Some kexts can be unloaded, graphics kexts don't so shutdown/restart can't be fixed.

hi, so thanks to your advice macgirln i did get my lappy to boot again, but still, i installed the appelusbehci installer from superhai, deleted the pcgenusbehci, but can't awake from sleep, it does trun right into sleep, it even does wake up from sleep good internally, but the screen stays black (i mean the hard disk wakes, up, blue buttons turns up quickly to indicate it goes off sleep, but the display stays black so can't do anything...)

any idea about that ? maybe a problem with my card drivers ?

Which leads me to my second problem : i can't get your nvcap values to work for the vga external display, even though i tried tu put them either i ntext or in number with pro list editor, i can't get anything to work (i have nvinjectgo, deleted nvinject from scottdangel 0.33 installer) could i have missed a step, or did i start from a wicked install and should i try again from a clean install to be sure only nvinjectgo is running ? sorry to bother, but i really would like sleep to wrk and i'm surprised it does not ... and for the vga it is quite surprising too so i would like to understand...

I made another one USBEHCI for sleep kext (now with hopefully foolproof package :) ) this one based on apples source (308.4.0) not the PCGen one, as I believe it is not necessary for the XPS M1330. (I am not sure about other dells) .

-> USBEHCI Updater <-

If you have any problems you might open up the Console and check the logs for what happened.

thanks Superhai, works perfectly and totally foolproof :D

I think i found a solution for my sound!

But what has been really annoying me when i boot up my laptop and run leopard it boots into a blank screen.

what i used to have to do was wait for the time for the sleep display to activate but now i have a sleep corner that i have to use to get my screen to appear.

This has made it very difficult for me to have a security login screen before

logging in because i cant see the screen.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Just installed iatkos ir2 on my M1530. Graphics are okay with the new MacbookPro Drivers. Bluetooth, webcam works great, even the remote control is useable, also in front row. Also the 2-fingers scroll is already enabled by the tutorial in The Genius Bar.

But i have still some problems.

-My wireless internet stil doesn't work, still waiting for the drivers, go for it guys!

-My ethernet also doesn't work. It's a Marvell ...8040. Anyone who knwos how to get this thing to work?

-Also the sleep, shut down and restart function doesn't work, try out some tips, didn't work...

-At last the powermanagement is a problem. Is there a possibility to make profiles so i can get my battery life higher? And how come that i replaced the bundle but the battery icon still doesn't appear after reboot?

Glad to hear some other m1530 owners...

Hi i have a Dell m1330 with t7300, 4gb of 667 and trying to install iATKOS r2 but i get it installed and darwin wont start it just sits there with the - bar blinking

check this guide to make it bootable: How to Manually install a Bootloader on osx86scene forum

Which leads me to my second problem : i can't get your nvcap values to work for the vga external display, even though i tried tu put them either i ntext or in number with pro list editor, i can't get anything to work (i have nvinjectgo, deleted nvinject from scottdangel 0.33 installer) could i have missed a step, or did i start from a wicked install and should i try again from a clean install to be sure only nvinjectgo is running ? sorry to bother, but i really would like sleep to wrk and i'm surprised it does not ... and for the vga it is quite surprising too so i would like to understand...

I tested those drivers with NVinject 0.2.1, but you could also try with Natit.

On my AMD rig other NVCAP values of course never worked with NVinject, but Natit did the work, then when I found a correct NVCAP value I coverted it to a gfx string.

Hi All

Can someone please zip up their 10.5.2 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext for me? I accidentally blew it away and dont want to risk reapplying the 10.5.2 update.

Also, does anyone know of any tools to open/extract files out of a .pkg file? That way I could retrieve it myself.

thanks

EDIT: Sorry guys, I must be blind - its sitting there right in the OP :hysterical:

I booted in verbose mode, and there was an error (more like block of errors) where ACPICPUThrottle tried to load on CPU0 and CPU1 and it failed on both with error 536870212 and then said No valid CPUs!.

It said it saved something to /Applications/SpeedStep.app/Contents/MacOs/SpeedStep[<number>], but I couldn't find any files in that directory except for one think that opened the terminal and did something.

It repeated that cycle (ACPICPUThrottle, tries to load, fails, saves error log) about 4 or 5 times and then stopped and after 30 sec or so of nothing happening the desktop appears.

hrm, now I do seem to have an issue

I killed AppleACPIPlatform.kext, and now mouse and keyboard dont work.

I tried booting into single user mode using the iATKOS v1.0i dvd and mounting the HD volume, but it doesnt seem to work. I thought "mount -uw /" was enough to mount the harddrive as read-write?

Can someone tell me how to mount my OS-X partition as read/write from a boot DVD? Even mounting it from Linux or Vista would suffice.

thanks

EDIT: Awe damn, after realising I should be able to fix it with USB devices, my OSX partition stopped booting - no error even, just does *nothing*.

EDIT2: Can anyone tell me how to get the OSX boot prompt back? Is that the darwin bootloader?

ok let me ask a stupid question which ones am i supposed to check when istall...

Efi

128mb nivdia

see2 see3 or what ever or something diffrent sorry first time

Ok here is the links for the three pictures of verbose

http://techiscool.com/Pictures/dell.jpg

http://techiscool.com/Pictures/dell1.jpg

http://techiscool.com/Pictures/dell2.jpg

You are using a very old NVinject, try a newer one, you can download it from NVinject.free.fr

To boot without QE/CI support, (VESA only) delete or move the NVDAResman.kext out of Extensios folder, it can be done booting in single user mode (-s), then mount your main volume as writeable wint "mount -uw /", then move the kext wint "mv /System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext /", then control-D to boot, delete old NVinject, install new NVinject, place back NVDAResman.kext to Extensios folder and reboot.

I booted in verbose mode, and there was an error (more like block of errors) where ACPICPUThrottle tried to load on CPU0 and CPU1 and it failed on both with error 536870212 and then said No valid CPUs!.

It said it saved something to /Applications/SpeedStep.app/Contents/MacOs/SpeedStep[], but I couldn't find any files in that directory except for one think that opened the terminal and did something.

It repeated that cycle (ACPICPUThrottle, tries to load, fails, saves error log) about 4 or 5 times and then stopped and after 30 sec or so of nothing happening the desktop appears.

Are you sure wuou have the speedstep kernel? anyway delete the ACPIThrottle kext and reboot.

hrm, now I do seem to have an issue

I killed AppleACPIPlatform.kext, and now mouse and keyboard dont work.

I tried booting into single user mode using the iATKOS v1.0i dvd and mounting the HD volume, but it doesnt seem to work. I thought "mount -uw /" was enough to mount the harddrive as read-write?

Can someone tell me how to mount my OS-X partition as read/write from a boot DVD? Even mounting it from Linux or Vista would suffice.

thanks

EDIT: Awe damn, after realising I should be able to fix it with USB devices, my OSX partition stopped booting - no error even, just does *nothing*.

EDIT2: Can anyone tell me how to get the OSX boot prompt back? Is that the darwin bootloader?

To mount a volume with an Install DVD just run the Disk Utility, select you volume and mount, then exit and run terminal

In terminal you can do it also, just write "diskutil mount /dev/diskXsY" where X is the number of disk (it varies) and Y is the number of partition, also it can be don with mount command.

For reinstalling the bootloadr read the guide tha I linker few post before.

Ok, I tried that, it no workie. :hysterical:

Ok, when you boot from the Intall DVD does it recognizes any netork interfase?

Check if any of the kext inside /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ is loaded, if not you need to add your device-id into the AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext

You can check it from System Profiler or kextstat command on Terminal.

I did what was suggested on that page and removed check for sleep capabilities, and voila. It simply just sleeps. You can try and see if it works for you.

A newer with installer is here.

I tried that "newer installer" and my Latitude D830 now sleeps!

But only in S3 (hibernatemode 3). Even when I set it to hibernatemode 0 it still sleeps like in S3 mode. Weird.

But... I can't resume... :hysterical: When I close the lid, open the lid again, my D830 seems to wake up (pulsating powerled stops pulsating, bluetooth and wifi led turn back on). Just when you think your display shows up, the wifi led turns off again, and a blinking cursor appears. The only option I have is to press and hold the power button to turn it off.

Does anyone have a clue what I need to get my laptop to resume?

Check if any of the kext inside /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ is loaded, if not you need to add your device-id into the AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext

You can check it from System Profiler or kextstat command on Terminal.

Not showing in kextstat or system profiler right now. I don't have access to the installation DVD at the moment.

I don't know how to find the device ID or where/how to add it.

Once I open AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext there is another contents folder with several files and a MacOS folder.

Not showing in kextstat or system profiler right now. I don't have access to the installation DVD at the moment.

I don't know how to find the device ID or where/how to add it.

the easiest way to find the device ID is in Windows XP, find your network device under Hardware and check it's properties. One of the tabs on the property window will show you the vendor id and the device id.

You can then add a line in the Info.plist file inside the AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext that Macgirl pointed to. You can add this line with a text editor like vi or nano, but the Property List Editor from the Xcode tools package is my favorite for that kind of work. When you open that Info.plist file you'll see where to add a line.

Remember to remove the caches:

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Caches

rm -rf /System/Library/Caches

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

then reboot, at the boot prompt, use the -f flag to force rebuilding the kext caches

the easiest way to find the device ID is in Windows XP, find your network device under Hardware and check it's properties. One of the tabs on the property window will show you the vendor id and the device id.

You can then add a line in the Info.plist file inside the AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext that Macgirl pointed to. You can add this line with a text editor like vi or nano, but the Property List Editor from the Xcode tools package is my favorite for that kind of work. When you open that Info.plist file you'll see where to add a line.

Remember to remove the caches:

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/Caches

rm -rf /System/Library/Caches

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

then reboot, at the boot prompt, use the -f flag to force rebuilding the kext caches

Don't have windows installed on this machine so I googled dell truemobile 1490 and came up with a device ID that I believe would be entered like so? <string>PCI14E4, 4312<string>

This seems to already exist in info.plist.

I also found this guide here and am following it:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=23684

I also removed the caches as you suggested and booted -f, still no go.