[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Yes, even a slight change in the NVCAP values alter the gfx string.

GioFX page shows: "The page cannot be found", anyway I reported this behaivor since the first 10.5.2 (9C23) Nvidia kexts appear, but you did't need to make the computer sleep, only put the display to sleep, this can be done by the Energy saver or setting a "hot corner" after wake all the benchmarks ar higher.

You can measure with X-Bench and OpenGL Extensions Viewer also.

Thanks! Sleeping just the display works for Graphics Card acceleration. But anyway, I have to sleep my computer after startup to make my sound work with speakers (Sigmatel 9228). Without sleep it works only once at 10 times:) I removed AppleAzalia.kext but it didn't help.

thank u macgirl!!! i used that guide to the manual booting..i did actually had an option to chosee between xp and mac, but initially i was asked to restar the system , holding the power butoon , thn i loaded leopard (iAtkos ir2) ...in which i customized to darwinx86 bootloader ..and some video drivers..after that my the mac boots and after the grey screen with apple ..i initially get a blue screen and suddenly my screen goes black...displayin noting..i tried and removed the NVinject.kext , but it did not work...so i got stuck the ...can u tell me how to fix this

iam using DELL VOSTRO 1400..

Boot in single user mode witn "-s", then mount yoir main volume wint "mount -uw /", delete NVDAResman.kext, because 10.5.1 NVidia kexts don't work, and reboot.

I you could get GUI apply the Graphics Update + NVinject or one of the packages that install 10.5.2 Nvidia kexts with NVinject.

Guys,

I tried installing again, because 10.5.2 came out.... I installed Kalyway 10.5.1 w/GUID + Vanilla...

I'm trying to get 10.5.2 installed before i install audio and graphics..... I used what MacGirl said to do on the first page.... the terminal script watching and deleting some file... then install.. as I install between 60-70% I get the gray screen of death, I've tried this twice... and I saw some activity in terminal, showing that the file had been deleted (over ten times.... probally many more)... how do you guys suggest I update?

Thanks,

After trying the installer it worked.

I HIGHLY suggest it, i'm not sure if it was broken before, but I think Time Machine was fixed, at least its in the "icon tray" next to the clock :)

Alright, now I'm just getting kinda mad. I rebooted, it worked... showed in about this mac as 10.5.2... rebooted again... to a gray screen of death.... so I reinstalled Kalyway GUID/EFI, and did the update again... at 60% through the update my computer just froozzee up... I rebooted to a gray screen of death... I installed Kalyway again, did the update, and I got the gray screen during the install....

I'm back to just a fresh copy of Kalyway GUID/EFI, what should I do to update to 10.5.2?... or should I just not?

Thanks

macgirl, I would like to retract my comment about the sleep display trick not working on the Vostro 1400. It does work as long as you remember to remove that AppleAzaliaAudio.kext from the folder.

Also is there any update on getting the mute button working? It is quite annoying not having such a function once you finally get your sound working lol

hi macgirl....i tried that removing NVDAResman.kext....after the reboot, the system stuck at the grey screen, i tried -s boot , it is generating the same crash report again and again , i waited till 150 ..and switched ofF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...what did i do this time.god!!!!!!!! ;)

Did you see any error reported?

Alright, now I'm just getting kinda mad. I rebooted, it worked... showed in about this mac as 10.5.2... rebooted again... to a gray screen of death.... so I reinstalled Kalyway GUID/EFI, and did the update again... at 60% through the update my computer just froozzee up... I rebooted to a gray screen of death... I installed Kalyway again, did the update, and I got the gray screen during the install....

I'm back to just a fresh copy of Kalyway GUID/EFI, what should I do to update to 10.5.2?... or should I just not?

Thanks

Did you apply the update form modded Kaly's or the official update?

Did you see any error reported?

Did you apply the update form modded Kaly's or the official update?

Well the file was uploaded by Kalyway, so I'm guessing it was the official update... but I can't find the modded update, can you give me the exact name title of the torrent, so I can search for it on the bay?

Thanks

Well the file was uploaded by Kalyway, so I'm guessing it was the official update...

the kalyway combo update is the modded one

Would someone mind giving me some help with speedstep?I keep getting a kernel panic whenever i try to make it work. I have the speedstep files from the guide. I replaced my AppleAcpiPlatform.kext with one from OP. i replaced applesmbios.kext and system.kext and replaced kernel with netkas 9.2. Is this wrong?

the kalyway combo update is the modded one

Would someone mind giving me some help with speedstep?I keep getting a kernel panic whenever i try to make it work. I have the speedstep files from the guide. I replaced my AppleAcpiPlatform.kext with one from OP. i replaced applesmbios.kext and system.kext and replaced kernel with netkas 9.2. Is this wrong?

It was the kalyway nodded one LOL, so... What do I try next?

Hi mac girl!!! thnks a ton for ur support....today i totally made a fresh install , customized jus with dsrwinx86 boot loader, after that i reoved the nvdaresman.kext....i creashed a couple of time s ....i tried -s boot , to find that ....thr soem problem with the x3100 driver....coz it was th last one i saw after that i system jus struck

afer that i tried with -x boot, i got the gui (OOPS I DID IT) :D ....but the system is not bootin in anyother mode xcept ....-x ....but

in the gui ..it showin only 1200x768 display mode ...and audio,lan,wifi ..nothhin seems to work .......

...now what do i do...thaks again for ur help

hello,

I've a problem with audio:

I drag and drop the STAC9228 which is available in the thread given in the first post but nothing happen. How should I do?

p.s. Is the sigmatel STAC9228 which is on the vostro 1700?

Thanks for all

I believe I have found the root of the sleep problem. When the log says that EHCI USB woke the computer or whatever there are only 2 usb components that are constantly connected to the computer internally and those are the optional webcam and/or bluetooth. On my inspiron 1420 the only led that stays on is the bluetooth which is interesting because my computer will sleep and then just automatically wake. When I shut bluetooth off via the switch it won't wake. So it makes it hard for me to fix because I don't know how to code OS X style but I believe a look at the device power off methods of OS X it may help. On every other operating system I run when I start up and shutdown the webcam led blinks but on OS X it doesnt seem to blink on shutdown or sleep. Possibly the webcam doesnt shutdown until after the bluetooth. Another observation is that in single user mode when I run sudo reboot it seems to reboot fine making me wounder if the graphics drivers might be part of the conflict.found some interesting things in the bluetooth kexts like this in IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext</dict> <key>WillShutdown</key> <dict> <key>id</key> <integer>64</integer> <key>type</key> <integer>2</integer> </dict>any help as to a human translation might help

hello,

I drag and drop the STAC9228 which is available in the thread given in the first post but nothing happen. How should I do?

Thanks for all

Same here. I posted this a few pages back, but did not get any response. ;)

Anyone know why this is happening? I have a Dell 1420. Everything else that should work works great. :)

Hi mac girl!!! thnks a ton for ur support....today i totally made a fresh install , customized jus with dsrwinx86 boot loader, after that i reoved the nvdaresman.kext....i creashed a couple of time s ....i tried -s boot , to find that ....thr soem problem with the x3100 driver....coz it was th last one i saw after that i system jus struck

afer that i tried with -x boot, i got the gui (OOPS I DID IT) ....but the system is not bootin in anyother mode xcept ....-x ....but

in the gui ..it showin only 1200x768 display mode ...and audio,lan,wifi ..nothhin seems to work .......

boot with -x and go library/extension and delete NVinject.kext....then restart to see if you can boot ok.....

i dont know which methode of installation you use,,i didnt use any installer

download this and place in the same folder...

http://nvinject.free.fr/files/NVinjectGo.0.2.0c.zip

and then repair the permissions in the disk utility....

afer that i tried with -x boot, i got the gui (OOPS I DID IT) :D ....but the system is not bootin in anyother mode xcept ....-x ....but

I am confused, if you had problems with the X3100 kext you probably have the Intel Video Card, so in that case you need to use the Special Natit.kext to make it work, see first post for threads about X3100.

I believe I have found the root of the sleep problem. When the log says that EHCI USB woke the computer or whatever there are only 2 usb components that are constantly connected to the computer internally and those are the optional webcam and/or bluetooth. On my inspiron 1420 the only led that stays on is the bluetooth which is interesting because my computer will sleep and then just automatically wake. When I shut bluetooth off via the switch it won't wake. So it makes it hard for me to fix because I don't know how to code OS X style but I believe a look at the device power off methods of OS X it may help. On every other operating system I run when I start up and shutdown the webcam led blinks but on OS X it doesnt seem to blink on shutdown or sleep. Possibly the webcam doesnt shutdown until after the bluetooth. Another observation is that in single user mode when I run sudo reboot it seems to reboot fine making me wounder if the graphics drivers might be part of the conflict.found some interesting things in the bluetooth kexts like this in IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext WillShutdownid64type2any help as to a human translation might help

Of course shutdown/restart issue has to do with the graphics kexts, if you move or delete NVDAResman.kext (no need to delete others) you can have GUI in VESA mode, and there are no shutdown/restart problem, but because in VESA you kack of QE/CI you can make the system sleep, and no acceleration of course. When you are in Single User mode there are a lot of kexts that are not loaded so because of that you can shutdown (with halt) or restart (with reboot). Hope someone can find a solution.

hello,

Thanks for all

Same here. I posted this a few pages back, but did not get any response. :)

Anyone know why this is happening? I have a Dell 1420. Everything else that should work works great. :)

Maybe you have another card, check it with windows or linux.