[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

I came across the new DSDT.aml by Chrysaor yesterday. I installed new Chameleon 2 RC1, Netkas Boot file and the DSDT.aml and removed NVinject and Clamshell. It works, but I still have to sleep the display and get around 800 pts 1440x800. And yes, I do have 8600m GT with normal performence running Vista. I really don't know what I could try, maybe I'll try a retail install in two weeks or so.

By the way: How do I get GUI for Chameleon to work? Themes are in /Extra/Themes, but it still boots in text-mode. I tried an Automator-script I found somewhere on insanelymac but still no sucess. Is it possible that new Chameleon is not installed properly? I think I saw a 1.x Version number at boot. (I just ran the RC1 installer to install)

By the way: How do I get GUI for Chameleon to work? Themes are in /Extra/Themes, but it still boots in text-mode. I tried an Automator-script I found somewhere on insanelymac but still no sucess. Is it possible that new Chameleon is not installed properly? I think I saw a 1.x Version number at boot. (I just ran the RC1 installer to install)

You don't need to do anything for graphical boot. I think Chameleon did not get installed properly. Be warned that your apple boot screen will change with Chameleon 2.

wingrunr21: I don't think this site is dying. Its just that almost everything seems to work now and so no one bothers to post. Wait till Snow Leopard is released and you will see life again....

I came across the new DSDT.aml by Chrysaor yesterday. I installed new Chameleon 2 RC1, Netkas Boot file and the DSDT.aml and removed NVinject and Clamshell. It works, but I still have to sleep the display and get around 800 pts 1440x800. And yes, I do have 8600m GT with normal performence running Vista. I really don't know what I could try, maybe I'll try a retail install in two weeks or so.

Your problem isn't with injectors, injectors only help to enable the video card and basic features.

Make sure you have the latest drivers, DON'T mix and match drivers with different versions. If you are not sure, install the latest combo update.

Make sure that your CPU is stepping correctly and isn't stuck on the lowest multiplier.

You bootloader gui is not working because you used netkas boot file chameleon 2.0 is newer than PCEFIv9 so reinstall with out the netkas file

and for your graphics something else has to be loaded I wrote the DSDT and chrysaor edited the your using and it works fine I get full graphics performance it matches my MacBookPro which this laptop is basically a clone of

wingrunr21: I don't think this site is dying. Its just that almost everything seems to work now and so no one bothers to post. Wait till Snow Leopard is released and you will see life again....

I was not referring to the low post counts. I am referring to the loss of the site staff and the other various issues that have cropped up on here within the past few months. I am still going to transfer the tutorial off the site just in case. I will by no means delete it. We'll see what happens.

Great thanks to both of you.

I just figured out that I don't have to install Netkas' files, anyways thank you!

Concerning the graphics: I installed 10.5.6 Combo Update and it's working fine now. Thank you, this was a simple solution :)

One thing I notice now is that my CPU temperatures higher. Is throtteling working for the graphics card (CPU and GPU are on the same heatpipe) or is it something else? I use vodoopowermini by superhai.

One thing I notice now is that my CPU temperatures higher. Is throtteling working for the graphics card (CPU and GPU are on the same heatpipe) or is it something else? I use vodoopowermini by superhai.

How are you getting a CPU temp in OS X? I haven't found a way to accurately measure this.

Well there is more than 1 way to get it working. The 2 most famous:

1. Use Superhai's Vodoopower.kext, then install Superhai's GenericCPUPowermanagement, both to be found on superhai.com . As far as I know it does not work with Vodoopowermini, so make sure you use the "big" version.

2. There is an app called "Temperaturemonitor" to be found on the internet. When installing it, it automatically installs a plug-in and shows CPU and HD temps. (for HD you can also use iStatmenus). The app does not work with all SMBIOS enablers: from my experience SMBIOSResolver works while AppleSMBIOSEFI does not.

If you still can't get correct temps, there is a small commandline tool on the net. I have to look for it but if you need it, let me know.

How can I get Photobooth to work? I keep getting this error:

The graphics card installed in this computer does not support Photo Booth.

I've tried NVinstaller but it didn't help. Also, my computer's resolution is not adjustable to its full capability.

I am running iAtkos 5i (10.5.5) on a Dell m1530

Hey there!

I finally got my Dell Vosto 1400 running MacOS X and I'm near to the perfect installation, I think. I used iPC 10.5.6, changed my 3945ABG-wifi to a Dell TrueMobile 1395 and now everything works... Except Shutdown/Restart/Sleep after I installed NVDarwin drivers for my NVidia 8400M GS and the Sigmatel 9228. The Sound worked just after the installation, but when I rebooted, it was gone. :(

Are there any new options to get these last two problems solved? Thanks for your help!! :(

the kext for the audio that is supplied here didn't work for me.

It shows I have HD Audio Output ..but neither the speakers nor head phone ports work. I installed it properly and everything, is there another one that will work? I am running 10.5.6 Software updated from iatkos 10.5.5

Thanks

the kext for the audio that is supplied here didn't work for me.

It shows I have HD Audio Output ..but neither the speakers nor head phone ports work. I installed it properly and everything, is there another one that will work? I am running 10.5.6 Software updated from iatkos 10.5.5

Thanks

What hardware do you have? Check this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1010970

Trying the audio now, thanks.

My specs are:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz

3 GIB ram

Intel X3100

Didn't work. I deleted Azalia as well as installing the new kext. now my Volume icon is totally gone out of my Taskbar. I installed it using Kext helper so I have a backup. I will try posting in that thread

Didn't work. I deleted Azalia as well as installing the new kext. now my Volume icon is totally gone out of my Taskbar. I installed it using Kext helper so I have a backup. I will try posting in that thread

Do you repair permissions from the Disk Utility after installing the kext??

I have a m1530 with the GeForce 8600M GT 256MB video card.

I am attempting to get the VGA out to work with an external display.

Everytime I boot with the VGA attached or plug it in and select 'Detect Display' my laptop display goes black and I have(?) to reboot.

I am running iDeneb 1.4 (10.5.6) and chose the nvinject component on start up.

Can anyone provide any assistance?

Thanks!

Thanks you Talisman!

I did a fresh install (including NVInject), used OSx86Tools to enable QE and then applied the kext from your post. Rebooted and now I can do dual display.

Again, thanks!

A few more questions/items:

- When I disconnect the VGA it doesn't appear that the OS recognizes I removed the display. I have the external monitor showing the menu bar, so I'm left with an empty screen on my laptop display. Is there a way for it to autodetect, or a script I can run before/after to re-detect the displays?

- Is there a fix to enable the memory card reader? Not a huge deal, but if that is working I'll have everything but restart/shutdown/sleep and ethernet.

Thanks in advance!

I have an XPS m1330 with 1390 minicard

Everything was working fine until I applied the most recent update today. Now my background got deleted and my wireless card cannot seem to be detected. I tried to reinstall the kext by reinstalling it through the dell 1.3 package. I repaired permissions and then restarted, still says it does not detect wireless card.

Help would be appreciated. Btw everything else seems to work A ok

nvm. I ran the broadcomm package from the combo update and everything is back to normal again, even somehow got my wallpaper back

Hello everyone, its my first post here, but I've been reading these forums for quite a while :)

I finally decided to install OSX on my laptop, and my distribution of choice is iDeneb.

It all went well up till the point of installiation, and choosing the proper packages.

For video i chose nvinject 256MB and then i selected vanilla kernel.

But for the rest, I have no idea what to choose :( I've been browsing this whole topic and did not find any info.

Here is my system:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 (2.4GHz/800Mhz FSB, 3MB L2 Cache)

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium

Memory: 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM @ 667 MHz

Screen: 1680x1050 LCD with 2.0 MP Webcam

Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

Hard Drive: 250GB 5400RPM SATA

Sound Card: Sigmatel Integrated

Wireless: Intel 4965AGN Wireless-N Mini-card

Bluetooth: Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth Internal 2.0

I bought an usb wifi dongle, because I red that there are no kexts for the integrated card

Wifi dongle: Netgear WG111 Wireless 54Mbps

My distribution version is 1.4 10.5.6

Does anyone have a simmilar system and can help me with my problem? I will greatly appreciate that! :)

Regards,

moa

Hi and sorry for my bad english... I'm french.

For begening I've got a XPS M1530.

THis is my computer:

Core 2 Duo T7250 2GHz

Chipset Intel GM/PM 965

Nvidia Geforce 8600 256mb + HDMI + VGA

SigmaTel STAC9205

Marvell 88E8040

Intel 4965AGN

Biometric Coprocessor

Western Digital 250GB 7200tr/min

4GB DDR2 667MHz

I'm not a beginner because I use in the past the Jas 10.4.* and I quit the apple world.

With my m1530 I would again discover the world of Mac OS 10.5.6 but I don't now what I do.

What version ? iDeneb, iAktos, iPC, Kalyway, other ? what is the best for this computer ?

What kernel ? Voodoo, Vanilla, other,... ?

And drivers ? I search on this forum but I found so many post...

All tips are good to takes.

If you can help me... :(

Thanks a lot !

I have the same problem skeezen1 had, I have Installt Nvkush but everytime I try to connect with an external Display my Notebook screen gets Black and I must restart

This is my System Profiler:

Klick

Luggi