[Compilation] Dell XPS M1330, M1530, Vostro 1400, 1700, Inspiron 1420, 1520, 1720

macgirl

4,332 posts in this topic

Hi Everybody !

After hours searching on this topic, I didn't find any working solution for my issue. I'm running Iatkos V4 on my XPS 1330, everything works fine except sleep.

Sleep will not work if you have BIOS password set. I would suggest using VoodooPower for speedstepping....

Sorry to disappoint you.. this is not a 1390. It is a third party card with a Broadcom Chip. The seller says it works with mac. I guess you have to wait and see.

10.5.6 works in an XPS. For the video read the post linked in my previous post. The kext is attached to that guide and you will find it in wingrunr21's guide too.

Ah {censored}!!, oh well if it dosen't work ill contact him says i have 7 day money back. will it make a diffrence with speeds etc??

Wicked, thanks i just managed to get my hands on iAtkos 10.5.6 so i am backing up installing now.. and dual booting untill i get wireless then i will try and delete vista without formating (dont no if you can do that) & just soley use OSX.

I am not sure if anyone can help me i have tried to install iatkos 10.5.5 and 10.5.4 but not luck after install and rebooting my screen goes black. i can not see anything. Is there something i am not doing in my bios or is it something i am not selecting in the setup properly. Do i need to do a basic install with the min. etc. Please someone tell me what you have done to get this to work

I have dell 1420

with intel 3100 vga

Any help would be most appreciated

after 3 days solved problem here is the thread to use i know others will need this to

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...34510&st=40

this work well for me just follow the directions

Sleep will not work if you have BIOS password set. I would suggest using VoodooPower for speedstepping....

Thanks Talisman, but I didn't set any password for my BIOS. About speedsteping, I read somewhere that Intel Enhanced Speedstep was more suitable for M1330. Does everyone here use VoodooPower ? Is it better for our laptops ?

Thanks Talisman, but I didn't set any password for my BIOS. About speedsteping, I read somewhere that Intel Enhanced Speedstep was more suitable for M1330. Does everyone here use VoodooPower ? Is it better for our laptops ?

We use everything and anything that Superhai makes....!!

Well... try this kext. If I remember correctly you did a Iatkos v5i upgraded to 10.5.6, or did you do a vanilla? I suspect one of the upgrades did not work. What is your kernel version??

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=48866

Thanks for the reply.

I treid this kext, it didn't change anything (I think I had the same kext installed). Still have to sleep the display and get around 800pts.

I did an iAtkos v5i Install, vanilla kernel, updated via softwareupdate to 10.5.6. I also tried to install LeopardGraphicsUpdate again, didn't help though. Kernel version is 9.6.0 from what I remember from the last kernel panic.

NVinject startup log:

22.04.09 08:30:13 kernel NVinject: Probing.

22.04.09 08:30:13 kernel NVinject: Setting rom-revision=NVinject 0.2.1

22.04.09 08:30:13 kernel NVinject: Setting NVCAP=<data not shown>

22.04.09 08:30:13 kernel NVinject: Setting @0,compatible=NVDA,NVMac

22.04.09 08:30:13 kernel NVinject: Setting @1,name=NVDA,Display-B

22.04.09 08:30:13 kernel NVinject: Setting @0,name=NVDA,Display-A

22.04.09 08:30:13 kernel NVinject: Setting @1,compatible=NVDA,NVMac

22.04.09 08:30:13 kernel NVinject: Setting model=Graphics by NVIDIA

22.04.09 08:30:13 kernel NVinject: Setting @1,device_type=display

22.04.09 08:30:13 kernel NVinject: Setting @0,device_type=display

22.04.09 08:30:13 kernel NVinject: Setting @1,display-cfg=<data not shown>

22.04.09 08:30:13 kernel NVinject: Setting name=display

22.04.09 08:30:13 kernel NVinject: Setting device_type=NVDA,Parent

22.04.09 08:30:13 kernel NVinject: Setting NVPM=<data not shown>

Components that broke after the 10.5.6 update:

1. Sound

2. WIFI

3. USB ports

How to fix:

1. Havent yet figured out how to fix it. any help appreciated

2. Reinstall kexts using the dell package post installer

3. Reinstall voodoops2 kext using osx86 tools

note: make sure to have dell post install and voodoops2 kext on ur HDD as USB ports will not work initially.

How to fix:

1. Havent yet figured out how to fix it. any help appreciated

2. Reinstall kexts using the dell package post installer

3. Reinstall voodoops2 kext using osx86 tools

ps2 has nothing to do with USB. USB breaks in 1530 after update because of DSDT.aml. Deleting it takes care of the problem. For sound, install kext from here....http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=142521&view=findpost&p=1010970

And I am assuming you have a XPS. Please specify system configuration in your signature.

itdoesnotwork: Do you by any chance have the NvinjectGo kext installed too?? If you do try deleting that.

Hey,

I have been using iatkos in 10.5.5 the other day I upgraded to 10.5.6 via software update on my xps m1330. It booted up fine except for the fact that:

1. There is no sound

2. Neither the keyboard nor mouse work(However, external mouse and keyboard work)

What is the best way to fix this.

Thanks

Hi,

I had some questions about installing OSx86 and after searching and browsing the forum I thought it would be easier to ask

someone who is more experienced about this matter.

My concern also is that the topic is 172 pages and even if my answer would be in one of those pages I would probably miss it due to the large contect of text. So, hence the post.

To start off, I have a Dell XPS M1530 and I want to install iPC 10.5.6 on it, the problem is after enabling the PS/2 Keyboard fix at the installation the first boot my keyboard works and afterwards it doesn't (nor does the trackpad).

At the first boot when the keyboard works I used sonotone's Dell Laptop-post installer with the correct options. After installing this I rebooted and booted from DVD to repair permissions on the OS X installed harddrive. Having the permissions repaired OS X gives me messages at start about the installed kext - forgot the exact message - but it seems like the repairing doesn't work for me so the installed kexts are not enabled/working. But when I install a manual kext (like for the Yukon ethernetcontroller) with Kext Helper it does work. Also since it is the second time I boot OS X my keyboard isn't recognized anymore so I wonder what I did wrong and reinstall OS X again, which happened quite a few times :) .

Basically I have 2 questions: why does my keyboard stop beeing recognized after the first boot and the second is why I can't install the kexts package from sonotone properly, while I reboot to boot from DVD and repair the permissions?

Short info on the options I enable at the iPC install:

-iPC OSx86 10.5.6 Base System (standard)

-Kernels disabled (so it insalls the 10.5.6 Vanilla kernel)

-All drivers disabled

-Fixes and patches: PS/2 Keyboard fix

(if I try installing without that fix the keyboard doesn't get recognized at all)

-Applications: OSx86 Tools Utility and Kext Helper b7

Regards,

Harrylol

P.S: The reason I want iPC 10.5.6 is because I can install and run OS X full in my own language.

On a side note, maybe this could be the cause of my problems: I install OS X on an external HDD since I don't have to repartition on the laptop HDD etc. before I can get OS X actually working. So the external HDD is a test for me to install it on the laptop HDD eventually.

I tried to install the kext file (non-experimental) from the link on the bottom, but audio does not work. Itunes seems to work and the OS thinks that the audio is working, but there isn't any sound. Any help would be appreciated. All other problems have been fixed, only the sound remains. Tnx.

System Specs:

XPS M1330

Intel x3100

WDC 320GB HDD

Sigmatel 9228

1390 minicard (wifi)

4gb RAM

link i DLed kext from

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1010970

That's backwards. Intel Enhanced Speedstep is designed for the widest support possible. Superhai concentrated on Intel CPUs. VoodooPower is better for our machines.

Is there any Methode to get the Internal Mic to work ?

Sorry but I need it for Skype

luggi

Yes but not with internal speaker support. See VoodooHDA 0.2.1.

Hey,

I have been using iatkos in 10.5.5 the other day I upgraded to 10.5.6 via software update on my xps m1330. It booted up fine except for the fact that:

1. There is no sound

2. Neither the keyboard nor mouse work(However, external mouse and keyboard work)

What is the best way to fix this.

Thanks

How did you install sound? You may have to sleep first. For PS2, install VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

I tried to install the kext file (non-experimental) from the link on the bottom, but audio does not work. Itunes seems to work and the OS thinks that the audio is working, but there isn't any sound. Any help would be appreciated. All other problems have been fixed, only the sound remains. Tnx.

Try sleeping the computer first.

All kexts, links, and instructions are in my tutorial.

That's backwards. Intel Enhanced Speedstep is designed for the widest support possible. Superhai concentrated on Intel CPUs. VoodooPower is better for our machines.

So I've changed for VoodooPower. I did'nt notice any difference on battery life (actually, this would be an interesting question for XPS 1330 users : how long does your 6 cells battery last ? For me, it's about 1h50 with wifi, no music, maximum brightness on led display, and just surfing the web.)

I guess I should configure Voodoopower by editing info.plist, but it seems much complicated. Wingrunr, may I suggest you add tipps about this in your (almost perfect :)) tutorial ?...

Otherwise, I still have this annoying issue : my computer never wakes from sleep. I've checked everything (no bios password, clamshelldisplay and VoodooUSBEHCI loaded, IOUSBFamily.kext properly edited...) Does someone have a similar issue or may I reinstall the whole system ?

Thanks for the help.

Thx for the help.

But know ntfs-3g don´t mount my Harddisk anymore ?

Which ones? Internal or external.

harrylol: Repairing Permissions of the disk is not the same as repairing the password using the OS X boot disk. You can repair permissions using the disk utility while booted into your mac or type "diskutil repairpermissions /" in a terminal.

harrylol: Repairing Permissions of the disk is not the same as repairing the password using the OS X boot disk. You can repair permissions using the disk utility while booted into your mac or type "diskutil repairpermissions /" in a terminal.

Thanks for answering, I know that but it I can't get it to work for some reason, so I downloaded all the needed kexts manually from wingrunr21's tutorial and installed with OSx86 tools: everything works except my keyboard.

If I install the keyboard+trackpad installer after the restart my trackpad does not work and my keyboard auto-spams the number 7. I connect a USB mouse and I can click on stuff but since the keyboard auto-spams the number 7 from the windows I open I get a bunch of number 7's spammed in the search bar. This results in me not beeing able to enter the keyboard/trackpad option in system settings properly because when I click on the keyboard option, because of the "7 spam" I auto-switch back to the system settings tab.

So all the kexts work, but my keyboard and trackpad don't work properly.

-Installed iPC without the PS/2 keyboard fix: no keyboard recognition during setup and keyboard does NOT work

-Installed iPC with PS/2 keyboard fix: first boot keyboard works but says it can't recognize. After installing the M1530 keyboard/trackpad installer from wingrunr21's tutorial I get the problem explained here above after rebooting: no working keyboard or trackpad.

hi guys

i've been away from all the development in the field of hackintosh for a while due to school problems, but now i'd like to try and start fresh with a new build.

the only one that worked for me was iAtkos 2, and i see now that iAtkos 5i has popped up. Could you tell me if there is a fix for the no sound problem with inspiron 1720 ? That was the biggest drawback and the reason i couldnt use hackintosh...

Thanks for the help and if there is a fix please direct me towards a post with a tutorial for total noobs.

I appreciate your help

Thanks for answering, I know that but it I can't get it to work for some reason, so I downloaded all the needed kexts manually from wingrunr21's tutorial and installed with OSx86 tools: everything works except my keyboard.

voodoops2 does not work for 1530. Use these two kexts: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=41025

itdoesnotwork: There is an easier way to check. Go to S/L/E and check if the kext is there. Or type into the terminal "kextstat | grep nvinject". Make sure you have only nvinject and no other injector. If everything is shipshape then I am at a loss....

hello,

i need some more help, i have managed to install the seatbelt kext but i cant seem to get the sound working... tried all of the ways to install it too..

i really need some help, i have re-installed about 10 times and all the same things happen..

should i try a diffrent version, im using iDeneb, i have the iPC and the XxX.. Should i try them? I had iAtkos but it kept kernaling about the iphone kext..

Should i try that?

VooodooHDA 0.2.2 broke external mic (it might be because of low mic volume, since it doesn't have recording level in output in 0.2.2), internal speakers still work. Went back to AppleHDA.

External mic working on 0.2.1. However, mute is broken in my tin-can. Basically, same functionality as AppleHDA -1.

Internal mic does not work. Probably because there is no digital in.

Also, pcm volume gets reset after reboot. Has to be manually increased from the Audio Midi setup.

itdoesnotwork, do you have an M1530 with an 8600 GT? If so, Brandon2004 made a DSDT.aml that will give you QE/CI/QGL with clamshell display support. Chrysaor has already fixed it up accordingly. It is linked in my tutorial. You don't need an injector to get stuff working.

To everyone: since this site is more or less in its death throes I am going to be moving my tutorial and information off of the website gradually to my own hosting service. The tutorial is rapidly approaching the need for a re-write anyway since a lot has happened since I first wrote it.

macgirl, I patched the VoodooPS2Controller with your diff and uploaded it (since it was broken on American layouts as well).

VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip