theStevo 4.0 Patch for the 775Dual-VSTA

thestevo

121 posts in this topic

ok I have now managed to boot the patched disk and was able to install leopard and now when I try to boot it I get the please restart message and when I do the -v command I get spotlight -v1000 error and now I cannot even boot the disk again to try and reinstall, the packages I selected in customize where mbr bootloader one of the network packages and nvinject and obviously the asrock package please guys I need some help otherwise I'm not going to have a computer soon already got about 50 cup holders LOL

any help appreciated

thanks

wez

ok I have now managed to boot the patched disk and was able to install leopard and now when I try to boot it I get the please restart message and when I do the -v command I get spotlight -v1000 error and now I cannot even boot the disk again to try and reinstall, the packages I selected in customize where mbr bootloader one of the network packages and nvinject and obviously the asrock package please guys I need some help otherwise I'm not going to have a computer soon already got about 50 cup holders LOL

any help appreciated

thanks

wez

in custumize, u just select the asrock package and efi guid bootloader

Is there anyway to add another device ID the the info.plist file. I have the 4coredual sata2 and need to add more SATA device ID's. Can I do it in the teminal during the install. I tried with the commands on x86 wiki but it says there is a syntaxx error on the info.plist file and won't let me edit it. I've been asking all around the board and nobody has helped me. I have searched everything I possibly can. I was going to build my own ppf but cant find the right tools under windows. I NEED LEAOPARD NOW, I am runing VISTA. Please help me sir... :unsure:

2 things

1. I assume that you selected a video driver suitable for your setup.

2. I had a constant reboot problem with my setup (look at the 4coredual thread for more) and found that on a reinstall on a previously used harddrive, I had to erase and zero out the first part of the harddrive to get EFI to work correctly. It's part of the security options in Disk Utility.

I usually let it zero for 5 minutes or so and then cancel and reinstall. Don't know why it works but it works (YMMV).

Tom

P.S. theStevo - tried the 4.0 patch and works without issue on my 4coredual. I have the ethernet problem and I'm sure the IDE harddrive prob but installation was fine - good job!!

thanks for that tombo alot fo help..

and now im glad to say thanks to you guys i have a working install of leopard.. need to buy a new graphics card as my newer 8 series didnt work and i cant getNVinject to install properly and a wireless pci card that supposidly works as my usb doesnt but sound and everything is great..

thanks thestevo for all your hard work..

the install went perfectly but i do have an issue...

after install, the system automatically reboots into configuration, like keyboard and location and stuff

then it boots into leopard!! GREAT!! However, i tried shutting down and then starting up, or just plain restarting

it won't do it..

what would happen is... it shows the usual BIOS screen then where normally it would ask if you want to press F8 for boot options..

all I see is a flashing white cursor.. and nothing ever happens..

any one have the same issues or know how I can fix it? Could it be I'm using MBR instead of GUID ?

thanks in advance

[edit] sorry perhaps i should mention specs..

80 GB IDE HD

Nvidia 8600 GT 512 MB (haven't installed drivers yet)

DVD RW IDE

Well I'm using MBR so I doubt that's the problem.

Does it quickly flash "EFI " plus some other text on the screen after bootup or just the flashing cursor?

If just the cursor and the drive was previously used (aka not blank) you may want to try the zeroing out of the first bit of the hard drive (I know it's a pain to reinstall). I had all kinds of weird EFI issues until I tried that.

In fact, I tried theStevo patch on top of my existing Leopard (not yet my full time OS) and it didn't work (constant reboot) but by zeroing and reinstalling it worked. The text that comes up from Kalyway during install kinda hints that EFI likes a blank disk.

Good Luck

Tom

ahh, thanks for the reply,

turns out, it was because my partition name was Mac OS X.. and i cant' have any spaces apparently so that's y it didn't work..

so everything works except graphics now, i have a 8600 GT 512 MB..

i tried every kexts out there that's available but nothing seems to work.. it always freezes at the white apple screen...

1. What board do you have of the three. (Know for absolute sure! Give full board name as listed above!)

2. Does my patch let the installer find the SATA drives?

3. Is UDMA enabled on IDE drives? (Easiest way to tell is run an xBench on an IDE drive and if the disc results just crawl you'll know its off)

4. Additional info?

---------------------------------

1.- ASROCK 4COREDUAL-SATA2 (VT8237S)

2.- No

3.- Dont probe.

• 3 weeks later...

thestevo, can you clarify your remark about the Dimension 8400 a little bit please? I have one of those but am totally unfamiliar with the E520 and the 775Dual-VSTA mobo. I don't understand the connection or commonality. On the 8400 I have installed Kalyway, iATKOS and the new Leo4All 10.5.1 DVDs. All work to some extent and I have my GeForce 7800GT graphics card fully working through NVinject. What's not working is the onboard AC97 sound and the integrated BCM5751 gigabyte ethernet. In other words, I can't connect to the internet which is kind of a bummer :blink: Sound I can live without.

Does your patch address the sound or ethernet drivers on the Dimension 8400? I will only go to a 10.5.2 install when I am convinced there is a good chance I can get one or both of those to work. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Stevo,

First let me say you rock and thanks alot for your work! The only OSX86 I was able easily boot on my ASRock 4Core SATA2 was Kalyway 10.5.1 with Stevo4 ppf. Worked like a charm (SATA2 not tested yet). I update to Kalyway 10.5.2 update with no problems as well!

Secondly, will you update the PPF for the full Kalyway 10.5.2 ISO now that it is out (TheStevo4.0.1?) or could you at least post the most updated .kext files for these ASrock boards based on this chipset? Then we can just add them to the iso ourselves with the new built-in Kalyway "add your kext here" feature.

Thanks,

-=D=-

Hi all, sorry for asking help but i've tried everything i found in the forum and in this topic but nothing helped me. I'm sure i miss something

I succesfully patched kalyway with thestevo4 patch (md5 checked before and after also the ppf)

I have a 4coredual-vsta bios 2.20

I have an Eide Pioneer DVD writer

I set legacy usb enable and disabled

Sata mode raid and non raid

I tried both sata ports on mobo

I tried to install on both my sata disk separately (raptor 32 gb and WD 320 gb)

smart and non-smart

And every time the installer didn't recognize hd ...still waiting root device...

and i can hear my hd shutting down during installation

What I miss?? try another disk? Buy a MacPro?

Thanks

Hi

Can anyone tell me if there is a version of stevo patch for 10.5.2? (if so how to install for a noob )

I have 4coredual-vsta and cannot get ethernet, sata and audio to work at all.

I did not get audio working with 10.5.1 but Stevos patch fixed ethernet and sata fine (thanks Stevo!) but I had video problems so am trying 10.5.2 - which works well for my video card.

So if I can get Stevos patch on 10.5.2 I should be there ... almost without sound ...

Thanks greatly B)

Slightly off topic but is there a how to on repairing kext permissions ?

Hi

Can anyone tell me if there is a version of stevo patch for 10.5.2? (if so how to install for a noob )

I did not get audio working with 10.5.1 but Stevos patch fixed ethernet and sata fine (thanks Stevo!) but I had video problems so am trying 10.5.2 - which works well for my video card.

So if I can get Stevos patch on 10.5.2 I should be there ... almost without sound ...

Thanks greatly :)

hi,

I have the same mob and i got all fixed. Just use Kaly 10.5.1 patched with stevo 4.0, and when installed use kalyway 10.5.2 combo update (u know where to get it right!). Then install all the kext for audio, video etc. Get on the forum for the 775dual mob and use the same kext (osx86). Very easy.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Thanks greatly ;)

I also am wondering the same question, and if theStevo 4.5 Patch will make it a go? ;)

Guess we can be the 1st to try mocher !!!

• 7 years later...

Hi guys, I apologize in advance for my bad English.

I NEED URGENT HELP, SO THAT THIS LINK DEAD LONG TIME, BUT I NEED TO DOWNLOAD FILE "theStevo 4.0 Patch for the 775Dual-VSTA".

A friend of mine with a PC that has the motherboard: 775Dual-VSTA, asked me to put a Mac OS X.
Among the various links after days of searching I found and I was able to download "Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1"

But I could not find in any way, theStevo 4.0 Patch for the 775Dual-VSTA, either version 4.5

All links are dead, both Torrents and other genres.

Please my request, if anyone still has in his computer knows a link still alive, if someone me can upload and post.

Please let someone is heard, it is important. : D

Hi guys, I have good news for anyone who is a holder of 775Dual-VSTA motherboard and want to put Kalyway 10.5.1 / 2 or 3.

I managed to regain all theStevo Patch for this motherboard.
Who wants to get a theStevo 4.0 or 4.5 Patch for the 775Dual-VSTA, TPB has to go on and search for "theStevo Patch". Or if the link is dead send me a PM.

I have a problem with these patches.
I tried to install "Kalyway 10.5.1 with theStevo 4.0 Patch" and "Kalyway 10.5.2 with theStevo 4.5 Patch" and both give me the same problem:

At the end of the installation, when the PC is restarted, at the time that Darwin is loading the data, the computer shuts down and restarts and does the same problem indefinitely. By the time the PC restarts the hhd seems that suddenly stop loading and then the PC will restart.

Can someone help me understand what's the problem? I put the components of my pc:

Motherboard: ASRock 775Dual-VSTA (last updated bios 3.10)
CPU: Intel Celeron 2.80GHz 64bit
1GB Ram: 2 banks DDR400 512MB of VDATA
Video Card: (RV250) ATI Radeon 9000 128mb
Hard Disk: (IDE) Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 60GB ATA / 133