• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Stony

Stony

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Since I copied my Leopard partition from HDD A to HDD B via Super Duper, I only get this error message if I want to start my terminal:

login: PAM Error (line 396): System error

[Prozess beendet]

What can I do to fix this error? Leopard without an working terminal is very {censored} ;)

Stony

Stony

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Deleting /usr/bin/login and reboot solved this problem.

AuralArchitect

AuralArchitect

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:In addition to computers? People, friends, music, DJing (breaks, glitch, tech, electro, tribal,...

Since I copied my Leopard partition from HDD A to HDD B via Super Duper, I only get this error message if I want to start my terminal:

login: PAM Error (line 396): System error

[Prozess beendet]

What can I do to fix this error? Leopard without an working terminal is very {censored} :unsure:

Did you ever get this problem resolved?

I've got the same issue... I found some help online. Use "Go to folder" in the "Go" menu to get to /usr/bin/ (if you don't have hidden files visible- like me)
delete "login"
that will let you get back into terminal at least
unfortunately I still wasn't able to use terminal to fix the original problem I'm having (all my drives got locked and I can't unlock them! Someone said to use terminal, but even once I got in there the commands they suggested failed.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy