XFX GeForce 7950 GX2 XXX 1024GB

Alexander Karlsson

57 posts in this topic

Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!

I have been trying to get Quartz Extreme working for 11 hours now. My entire day was spent on it. I tried EFI strings, flashed my rom, and set the device id of my card several times. Nothing worked. This was my last attempt for the day and if it didn't work, I was going to get a different graphics card tomorrow. It worked!

I don't have a 7950 GX2 1024MB, I have a Nvidia 7900GTX 512MB. It is hard to find discussions on this card and I was happy that these cards are so similar. If you could add 7900GTX to the original post or subject, I think you will save a lot of people the trouble I went through today.

Thank you again! :D

Dexxem

My specs for future google searches:

AMD 4400+ X2

A8n32 SLI Deluxe

2GB DDR2 Ram

7900GTX 512MB

iPC 10.5.6

Voodoo 9.5

Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!

I have been trying to get Quartz Extreme working for 11 hours now. My entire day was spent on it. I tried EFI strings, flashed my rom, and set the device id of my card several times. Nothing worked. This was my last attempt for the day and if it didn't work, I was going to get a different graphics card tomorrow. It worked!

I don't have a 7950 GX2 1024MB, I have a Nvidia 7900GTX 512MB. It is hard to find discussions on this card and I was happy that these cards are so similar. If you could add 7900GTX to the original post or subject, I think you will save a lot of people the trouble I went through today.

Thank you again! :)

Dexxem

My specs for future google searches:

AMD 4400+ X2

A8n32 SLI Deluxe

2GB DDR2 Ram

7900GTX 512MB

iPC 10.5.6

Voodoo 9.5

Can you please elaborate on the steps that you did in order to have QE with your cards?? I am still struggling to get dual display from my 7950 GX 2, let alone QE..

Thank you..

• 3 months later...

help me very noob in this, just start to use..

using the nvidia 7950gx2 please help, step by step please

install iPC without graphic card driver installed, and success fully go login and everything, just the screen laggy and no effect please help

• 11 months later...

Has anyone been able to get a 7950 GX2 working in Snow Leopard 10.6.0? I've been banging my head against the wall for days trying to figure out whether this is possible.

I was able to get SL up and running on my box using the MyHack installer with GraphicsDisabler. So I'm currently running in VESA mode @1024x768x32. Needless to say, it looks pretty crappy and I'm pretty sure there's no hardware acceleration going on because graphics are sloooooow

Any tips on what I can do to get this going? This thread and everything else I've been able to find on the 7950 or even the 9800 GX2 seem to end with Leopard. I can't seem to find anyone saying how to get a card like this running in SL... I'd really rather not have to buy a new card, because it's still a great card for me in windows and it seems like a waste, but I'm about ready to if I can't find an answer soon. I'd really like to have a nice dual or triple boot machine that runs well in all OS's (OS X SL, Win7, Linux).

• 1 month later...

Been banging my head as well, but i'm working on the XFX 7950 GT 512mb card. Pulled an all nighter and went to bed at 5am the other night and nothing. only thing i have to show for it is 1280x1024 resolution. Is it even possible to get QE/CI working for these two cards? I need instructions for 10.6.0 to 10.6.4. I've found so many different instructions online and i'm just running up walls and not succeeding. I'm able to boot into OSX but only at 1280x1024. Any help would be appreciated. I've been trying to use the DSDT guide from Tonymacx86 but I was unsuccessful. Try looking over there, losmuertos.

• 4 years later...

Hello,

Trying to ressurect this topic.. I also have a 7950 GX2 and I did what was written here without success... I do have native resolution, but now QE/CI. I also got to the point to have that black screen with double mouse, but don't know what to do next... Maybe someone can post working kexts, it would help me a lot, or at least I would like to know how can I change the NVinject properly...

I do not understand the verbose messages 8 8 16... etc what do those mean..