XFX GeForce 7950 GX2 XXX 1024GB

Alexander Karlsson

57 posts in this topic

Im using the right one.

After deleting the Geforce.kext i can start finally in normal mode, but still no QE!

looking at the rear of the case, use the left one, then reinstall the Geforce.kext.

i was in the same situation till yesterday, i'm thinking that it's just a matter of luck.

in verbose mode the matching valuer for the GPU is

since i didn't match this value i had the black screen with 2 pointer..............i'm thinking about the 7xxxgldriver.....open the package and look at the version:

GeForce7xxxGLDriver 1.5.26.7 (16.7.5f16)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hello,

nice to read that at least 3 of you managed to get the 7950gx2 working. i want to be the next one. so i hope you can help me...

i must say, i dont know alot about os x at all or even its filesystem. though i tried to understand to your explanaitons and i came so far :

i downloaded all the progs you wrote i need (plist edit pro, pacifist and the nvinstaller). first i extracted the *.kext files (geforce, nvdanv10hal10-50,nvdaresman an the nvinject).

then i tried to edit these files with plist edit. i started with the geforce.kext and i even found the string which i think i should edit. and now my problem :

as soon as i edit the string and try to save the file it works fine. but when open the file again - plist edit dont want to keep my changes. the old string is still there!!!

so can anybody help me?? maybe somebody can send me his edited files???

i would be sooo glad!!!!

ok ok, i found the problem - very stupid, plis edit has to be installed correctly !!!

but now i got the next problem :

i edited all 8 files. only 2 of them have the string iopcimatch. in both of them i put in the 0x029410de instead of the stocknumbers. the other 6 files only had the string "iopciprimarymatch". these ones, i left as they were. i think that was wrong because my system wont start again ;((

so is there any chance to recover the system. or do i have to reinstall os x??

and, please somebody send me those files. i guess then i can forget all this editing and just install nvinstall and with kext helper the *.kexts !!??

thanks again and good night!!

IronFly, you are simply the best. It works. Thanks for all you Help, and I will never forget you.

:):D

My matching value is

What's this matching value you're talking about? Please explain.

I'm very close with my 9800 GX2 and i can get a black screen with two cursors unless i use safe mode like the last post described.

• 1 month later...
OK gotcha!!!!

first delete every nvida/geforce driver from your extensions folder.

then download .41 nvinstaller

http://scottdangel.com/blog/?p=23

and with PACIFIST extract:

NVDANV10Hal.kext

NVDANV20Hal.kext

NVDANV30Hal.kext

NVDANV40Hal.kext

NVDANV50Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

GeForce.kext

NVinjext.kext (use the 512mb version or try the Vanilla 256mb version....but you need to edit the VRAM).

open the .kext and open Info.plist, with PLISTeditor PRO and search/edit this string in EVERY kexts with your GPU DEVICE ID (mine is: 0x0294):

IOPCIMatch string YOURDEVICEID10de

10de is standard for all the Nvidia GPU.

save it.

if you use the Vanilla NVinject.kext version you must add a sting under "entries to add":

VRAM,totalsize DATA 00000020

00000020 is 512mb see here for infos:

http://nvinject.free.fr/downloads.php

scroll down.

after you edited/saved all the files, launch the NVInstaller v.41 and install just the latest kexts and framework (so, if i understand correctly, you have the leo graphic update).

ok now with kext helper install your kexts!!!

once done, reboot and enjoy.

i hope it will run as me. :thumbsup_anim:

BTW this on LEO4ALL v2 version with Vanilla 9.2.2!!! Thanks MASTER EDDIE11C!!!

can someone send me the kext files..i keep getting kernel panics..plz help

thanks a lot for your hard work..i installed v.41 then drag all the kext file into the extension folder...and used osx86 to set the extension permissions. then rebooted and screen went black..then i botted with -x safe mode and got solid blue screen and then got to the log in pg.. what do i do now.im lost

thanks a lot for your hard work..i installed v.41 then drag all the kext file into the extension folder...and used osx86 to set the extension permissions. then rebooted and screen went black..then i botted with -x safe mode and got solid blue screen and then got to the log in pg.. what do i do now.im lost

what is the matching value...where can i find it ..plz explain

how do you use the nvcap software

how do you use the nvcap software

iron plz help

i open terminal typed ioreg -lw 0 >ioregdump.txt and searched for nvcap string and inserted that into inject kext from the info.plist and reboot and got kernel panic i can boot up in safe mode -x but no qe ..what im i doing wrong

iron plz help

i open terminal typed ioreg -lw 0 >ioregdump.txt and searched for nvcap string and inserted that into inject kext from the info.plist and reboot and got kernel panic i can boot up in safe mode -x but no qe ..what im i doing wrong

okay im at the black screen. i can boot up with -x and change my resolution...i can boot up if i delete geforce kext...i can't find this in verbose mode the matching valuer for the GPU is and i don't know what does this mean..plz help me

• 1 month later...

Hi,

i also have a Geforce 7950GX2 graphic card.

I tried to follow your guide of how about to install it.

So at the end i failed to do it properly. So i was hoping you can help me, especially i am not really good at hackintosh.

I will try to descibe the way i try to do it with the graphic card:

1) First, i delete all nvidia/geforce driver from the "extension" folder.

2) Then i downloaded the .kext files that you offer on megaupload.

The first problem where i do not understand to edit is, is the thing with the NVinject.kext.

You told something about VRAM and 512 MB. I have the 1 GB card. Will this also work properly with the guide you offer?

3) I skip the edits with the .kext. because of you offered kext files on megaupload.

4) So i tried the point of where you told VRAM, totalsize DATA 00000020, but i do not know how to do it correctly. Can you describe exactly where and on which file i have to edit?

5) At the end, i tried my luck and i run the .kext files with Kext Helper and reboot(of course with cross fingers :))

6) At the first sight, it really looks good. I also were able to change the resolution. i used 1600x1200.

The problem then was that the QE(i do not what that is, but i read that it was discussed in this thread) was disabled and the Core Image was not Hardware accelerate, but software.

7) Then my only guess was it has to be the point with the VRAM, totalsize DATA 00000020, which i still do not understand. So i tried to do it again and add the following thing:

VRAM,512

DATA

i guess this is totally wrong, because i save it, run the Kext Helper again and try to reboot.

At the end, my mac could start and said to hold on the power button and reboot.

8)You were also talking about verbose mode and wrote someting about

1. what are those numbers and where can i find them.

2. Where can i find the nvcap data und how do i have to change them to make my system work properly.

i would be very happy, if you can help me through my own mess.

greetings

mikarobin

• 1 month later...

Hello

I also have the nvidia 7950 GX2 and i have QE CI enabled but only whit 512MB not whit 1024MB.

How can i fix that?

Everything works perfect, timemachine, tiberium wars, ripple effect in dash, screensavers.

It was a lot of work but i did it with a lot of you guys help!!

Thanks for al the posts and tuts and if you need kext just pm me!!

GREETZZZZZZ Rein from holland

specs

asus PK5-E wifi,

Nvidia 7950 GX2 1GB,

Intel D 3.4 Ghz

160GB Maxtor SATA HDD,

500GB LACIE External HDD,

RTL8187L wifi drivers,

AppleYukon LAN,

LG display

THX surround sound

and it all works but NO sleep. :P:)

• 3 months later...
Hi,

i also have a Geforce 7950GX2 graphic card.

I tried to follow your guide of how about to install it.

So at the end i failed to do it properly. So i was hoping you can help me, especially i am not really good at hackintosh.

I will try to descibe the way i try to do it with the graphic card:

1) First, i delete all nvidia/geforce driver from the "extension" folder.

2) Then i downloaded the .kext files that you offer on megaupload.

The first problem where i do not understand to edit is, is the thing with the NVinject.kext.

You told something about VRAM and 512 MB. I have the 1 GB card. Will this also work properly with the guide you offer?

3) I skip the edits with the .kext. because of you offered kext files on megaupload.

4) So i tried the point of where you told VRAM, totalsize DATA 00000020, but i do not know how to do it correctly. Can you describe exactly where and on which file i have to edit?

5) At the end, i tried my luck and i run the .kext files with Kext Helper and reboot(of course with cross fingers B) )

6) At the first sight, it really looks good. I also were able to change the resolution. i used 1600x1200.

The problem then was that the QE(i do not what that is, but i read that it was discussed in this thread) was disabled and the Core Image was not Hardware accelerate, but software.

7) Then my only guess was it has to be the point with the VRAM, totalsize DATA 00000020, which i still do not understand. So i tried to do it again and add the following thing:

VRAM,512

DATA

i guess this is totally wrong, because i save it, run the Kext Helper again and try to reboot.

At the end, my mac could start and said to hold on the power button and reboot.

8)You were also talking about verbose mode and wrote someting about

1. what are those numbers and where can i find them.

2. Where can i find the nvcap data und how do i have to change them to make my system work properly.

i would be very happy, if you can help me through my own mess.

greetings

mikarobin

I could not get what the matching values mean as well; but here is my simple trick to make QE/CI work (only for 10.5.2 version). Hope it applies to you too.

Tools: Kext Helper 0.7

Kexts: the ones that you downloaded already

Key message: sequencing seems very important. Install one kext by one kext using kext helper (easy install, then clear, put in next item, easy install again, then clear... till finish). The sequence: nvinject.kext, geforce.kext, NVDAResman, NVDANV10 to 50. I believe we don't really need all those and we could sequence it differently ... but I just don't care at this point. I tried this silly method several times and it showed consistent results.

Issue: once upgraded to 10.5.3 QE/CI will be gone. There are many postings on this subject, unfortunately i have not found a working solution for me. Hope a kind hearted person can share their experience to solve this issue.

Hi.. I am another 7950 GX 2 user here... Just installed iDeneb 10.5.5 last night..

I need support for dual monitor, especially for my 2 DELL 3007WFP-HC with 2560x1600 resolution..

Can someone please tell me what to do??

I already downloaded and installed the NVinstaller c.52 and the file from megaupload link.

I am pretty much stuck and not know what to do.. Please help..