• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Ongeloof

Ongeloof

Irrevocably Insane

• Donators
  • 1,007 posts
  • Interests:Your moma.
Although some of us would say "Oh, i would give all, or most of it to charity" we all know, charity starts at home, and when its come to cutting the mustard, we just wouldn't do it....
But what i wanna find out, is what the majority of this community would do if they won £15M ($30M)...
Would you make the whole switch and buy every Apple product, like i would, or simple horde it and live off the interest.
tell us here.

Think Mark

Soündless

Soündless

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 2,318 posts
  • Interests:surfing, macs, skating, scheming
first, i would not tell anyone. one of our family friends won the lottery, and it tore their extended family apart because they refused to give everyone 1 million dollars. then i would buy two houses, one on the beach, and one in the mountains. both tricked out with allot of solar panels and macs. then i would pay someone to make me an efficient air powered compact suv. and then i'd find a job, because no one likes sitting around all the time. i'd also buy an ass load of montana spray paint, and paint all over sf and the surrounding areas

apowerr

apowerr

InsanelyMac Deity

• Retired
  • 1,875 posts
If I had $30 million, I'd buy a small decent house in a nice location and pay it off. Then I'd buy a small efficient but nice car and pay that off. I'd buy the new Mac Pro, and some other Apple goodies as well as a new TV etc. I'd live off of the rest. If I had nothing better to do (career, girlfriend etc) I'd backpack across western Europe for a while.

Meowy

Meowy

InsanelyPurry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
I'd buy a Mac Pro and the software I need to do my job more efficiently.

Ongeloof

Ongeloof

Irrevocably Insane

• Donators
  • 1,007 posts

I'd buy a Mac Pro and the software I need to do my job more efficiently.

WOW, there is no limit to your imagination...:) lol

Think Mark

Numberzz

Numberzz

Resident iPhone Expert

• Retired
  • 3,452 posts
I don't know about the lotteries in England, but here in California they frequently reach prices of $180million(£90million)+. But anyways, I would buy some tricked out house with lots of solar panels and I would buy the most expensive Mac Pro and a MacBook Air with SSD. I would also buy a Tesla Motors car, which is all electric. Then I don't know what I would do. Maybe.....go places. Yeah :D

Colonel

Colonel

11 Herbs & Spices

• Retired
  • 4,157 posts
Hmm... If I won the lottery...

Posted Image

Perfect! :P

Dermatea

Dermatea

InsanelyMac S-Class Protégé

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
This is similar to a question I was once asked, which was what I would do if I had one billion dollars. I said I'd do whatever I would do with one million dollars, times a thousand, ha-ha-ha. There are some things money can't buy, but for everything else, there's $1,000,000,000! ha-ha-ha.

Ongeloof

Ongeloof

Irrevocably Insane

• Donators
  • 1,007 posts
Very Imaginative Numberzz, but everybody is thinking along the lines of Mac Pro's and MBA's and homes and SSD's... aiming a bit too small, especially with $180M....
Obviously, every Mac out, is on the list, and so is the iPhone, and the HP blackbird 002, for beauty purposes, i wouldn't use it... unless it put OSx86 on it... :D :P ;) A ferrari Spider, a villa in Cupertino, preferably near to 1 infinite loop...:) and a villa in New York, Manhattan and maybe somewhere in England.. a big old château in france and a load of shares in Apple. now i have got all the common idea's let move on to renovations: a state of the art complex for my 17 pet rats, and 2 dogs, totally kitted out homes, you know the drill, talking mirror {censored} in these homes:) and umm.... maybe an iMac in the bathroom, so you can talk to Bruce (a voice on OS X) while you have a dump... though all he says to me is "it sure feels good to be inside this fancy computer..." and when you hear the "Funk" sound on OS X, thats him trying to get out... :)
Pretty small idea's too, though maybe i would go to france and develop a way to extend human life, or create a flying car....
What ever... that hoarding idea doesn't sound so bad, all ^^^ is {censored} tiring....

@ Colonel Lol ! now thats creative...
though, BG, would do better as a {censored} wiper...:)
Think Mark

Envying

Envying

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
I would pay off my debt, and put some money in the bank, and keep on living a normal life, not much stress!

Ongeloof

Ongeloof

Irrevocably Insane

• Donators
  • 1,007 posts
@ envying Very creepy DP

Think Mark

SticMACâ„¢

SticMACâ„¢

"Nobody likes a SmartASS"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts
Same here, pay off some of my debt the others will however have to wait! ;)

SticMAN

I would pay off my debt, and put some money in the bank, and keep on living a normal life, not much stress!

Ongeloof

Ongeloof

Irrevocably Insane

• Donators
  • 1,007 posts
Or with £180, you could start a new life, like going from Colonel to chelsea dude...:P
there is no doubt that its a life changing amount f money, but have you noticed, that half the people in debt, own an apple product...:)

Think Mark

Special-K

Special-K

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts
  • Interests:Music, Art, and Movies
I'd buy me and my mom new cars, probably Acura TL's, and pay off my mom's condo. I'd get the Time Capsule and a decked out MBP too. Shove $100K into the bank (cause that's the max they insure) and throw the rest into a Swiss bank account, cause no one {censored} with the Swiss and their bank.

Ongeloof

Ongeloof

Irrevocably Insane

• Donators
  • 1,007 posts

I'd buy me and my mom new cars, probably Acura TL's, and pay off my mom's condo. I'd get the Time Capsule and a decked out MBP too. Shove $100K into the bank (cause that's the max they insure) and throw the rest into a Swiss bank account, cause no one {censored} with the Swiss and their bank.

LMAO, very good idea..;)
wouldn't any " off shore " account be ok? Swiss is very specific...;)

Think Mark

CLiDE FTW!!1

CLiDE FTW!!1

Lay off the pipe.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

and then i'd find a job, cause no one likes sitting around all the time

Sitting around? There's 58 million miles² of land on Earth to discover (and even more if you like scuba diving)

You wouldn't be able to see everything in the world, even in your lifetime. :(

maclust

maclust

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
buy lots of booze then rent lots of hookers to love me while i drink my booze. then maybe pay them to do immoral things that involve a pc ;)

fatshitcat

fatshitcat

fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
Pick up money -> Apple Store -> Buy MBP and iPod touch -> Buy new pro camera -> Say goodbye to folks at home -> 3 months travel (with train, no car:D) -> come home -> say hello -> go to Stanford -> buy the new MBP when it will be out -> still going to Stanford -> get a job -> .............

smorf

smorf

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
umm, i think i´d stay in bed the next morning. :-)

superstition

superstition

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Here are a few:

1. Make art films.
2. Make artistic video games with {censored} characters, particularly RPGs that aren't dumbed down or tedious blood baths. A competitor for The Sims, too.
3. Record non-classical original music and covers.
4. Hire orchestrators and composers to help me with a piano concerto for the piano I invented, as well as a symphony with voice and organ.
5. Build the piano I invented.
6. Create a wood racquet grass court tennis tournament and get top professionals to play by making the prize money high. Also, run wood events with retired pros like Navratilova and McEnroe.
7. Build a junior high/high school/college for {censored} teens who are thrown out of their homes.
8. Start a publishing company and publish my poetry and quotes/anecdotes/observations, as well as unpublished writers.
9. Build and work with a team to create a desktop operating system from scratch.
10. Work with a flexible conductor, pianist, and orchestra for the recording of pieces I love the way I envision them.
11. Build a complex for homeless young {censored} adults, so they have a place to stay and get on their feet.
12. Produce film adaptations of Ursula Le Guin's original three Earthsea novels as well as the Lathe of Heaven.
13. Produce a film adaptation of Gogol's novel Dead Souls.
14. Adapt Emily Dickinson's poetry to music and release a CD.
15. Release a soda line with much less sugar, no unhealthy preservatives like benzoate, natural flavors, no artificial dyes, and real sugar instead of fructose corn syrup.
16. Open an Indian restaurant chain with healthy fare in the places I lived and elsewhere.
17. Release an organic low-fat less sugar ice cream line that features a mint without chocolate, for those like me who are allergic to chocolate. Natural flavors and no artificial dyes.
18. Release an organic blueberry juice. It's easy to find blueberry juice, but it's never organic.
19. Build an art museum that would house some of my work, my mothers, and the work of other unknown artists.
20. Build a housing complex for select family and friends.
21. Create and produce a new sci-fi TV series that's far better than the crud that's on now.
22. Create a TV channel to compete with Fox News, MSNBC, CBS, and NBC—Nightly news and the like without the American corporate veneer and censorship. Tough news that refuses to ignore the stories the mainstream media does, give politicians a pass, or present propaganda as news like Fox. The nightly news would feature no ad breaks during the program, just a small non-animated billboard along the bottom of the screen.
23. Fund and help create research concerning human sexuality, since the Bush administration has stifled research in this area.
24. Organize a campaign to get rid of the Bush administration's homophobic policies, like the ban on sperm donation by {censored} men.
25. Fund pigment chemistry research to try to develop better pigments for artists and the industry.
26. Create a business that creates pigments that are no longer available for artistic use like manganese blue.

Also, a quick grammar tip. Although people say things like "If you won the lottery" frequently, a better way to say it is "If you were to win the lottery".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy