I got the Realtek 8187 USB WiFi working on Asus P5K Deluxe WiFi

mdg

8 posts in this topic

Use the attached drivers and utility I downloaded from the Realtek website

Realtek_MacOS10.4_Universal_Driver_1.4.5_UI1.4.7.zip

I worked on this for weeks...and today after playing around with some settings, finally got it to work -- using 8187 now :)

The below files show you the setting in the utility I had to use.

I also used a manual IP address.

Hope this helps...

/mdg.

post-56202-1200801839_thumb.jpg post-56202-1200801900_thumb.jpg

A common issue with that wireless chipset seems to be it dropping the connection then refusing to reconnect again. How did you fix that if it happened to you at all?

It happened over and over...but somehow after I switch the country setting and move those sliders further back, it connects and keeps the connection?

I think even though it's working, I'm probably lucky :D It might stop working again so I'll keep you posted.

I think (have no evidence, though) that it has something to do with settings between the access point and 8187...and maybe even a specific access point?

Maybe folks having issues with this card can list their access points/wireless routers?

Mine is a Buffalo WZR2-G300N

/mdg.

I have an original apple airport express base station and will test tonight if your values work for me. I will get back to you then...

Well, as luck would have it...it stopped working :(

No rhyme or reason...just stopped, and doing the work for 15-30 seconds upon boot and then stops.

We need to "crack the code" on this 8187 thing. There is no reason why it would work and then stop :unsure:

But like I said before, my gut says it has something to do with access point/router settings...on the other hand, didn't it work in 10.4.x?

Tried last night and it didn't work (well, not for more than a few seconds).

I agree with you that the problem seems to be the driver. The WLAN utility does not always start up correctly (often without the icon in the dock) and the settings that you propose are not remembered until after reboot...

But there are good news about the driver:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...t=0#entry590144

Realtek says there will be a new leopard driver by the end of february. Maybe that will help...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...