Webcam compatible with Leopard Hackintosh?

mm2ha

30 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, I need to buy 2 webcams... I am running Kalyway 10.5.1 Leopard on my Dell XPS m1210 so I was wondering what webcam should I buy that would work natively with this system. Also, I need to get a webcam for my friend, she has an original mac notebook(the last series of PPC before they switch to Intel and Macbooks, I dont know the name) and she is running Tiger on it. Again, I have no idea which webcam is compatible and would work well, as I have "switched" to OS X only very recently. I would love to use the webcams with iChat if possible, or with skype. Thanks for your help!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am using a internal webcam its the acer crystal eye and it is recognized but when i use it on photo booth the green indicator come on but the preview is green

please can someone tell me a solution to it

Thanks in Advance

James

How did you get it to work? I have the same camera and does not get recognized by Leopard at all. I'm using kalyway 10.5.1 on Asus p5w-dh Deluxe. Help please.

Thanks

Hi, ya same problem here. P5W DH with 10.5.2. Leopard doesn't see it all. The logitech website says it should work on macs.

Any Ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

I am trying to use a Creative Live Vista (VFD26D) - both Macam and Skype detect a camera but I get no video... Macam tells me there is a "USB Communication Problem".

I am also using a P5WDH mobo.

Does anyone have a clue if this is to do with the P5W? And if so, why USB would differ on this board - my other USB devices, 2x ext hard drives, 1x Logic 7 usb key, Logitech wireless hub are all working fine.

Ta.

• 2 months later...

I'm on a Sony Vaio TZ150 and the internal webcam seems to be recognized by OS X as it allows me to take a picture of myself for the account picture, but if I go into anything like photo booth or capture it says there is no device connected...

...is there a way to fix this? A setting I am missing perhaps...it seems the internal one will work, but how do I get it to be recognized in the other programs?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I've just got HP 1.3 MP Deluxe webcam and it works with iChat, Photo Booth and skype.... so I think this is great too.....

did you installed some drivers (like macam or so) or did you just plugged in it?

i'm going to buy this web cam because it's pretty cheap (about 30€)

i just wanna be sure it's work perfectly

thank you

• 3 weeks later...