6600GT on an nForce4 chipset - my best options?

yelow

6 posts in this topic

Hey people, feels good to finally jump into the community. I've recently installed 10.4 onto my AMD64 box (why, Apple, oh why did you go Intel?) without a hitch, and all's well except my video rendering. (Well, that and the onboard LAN, but I've no problem throwing in another NIC.)

The Jas patch worked, and the software rendering is awesomeness compared to the Windows-equivalent, but I do miss hardware rendering. My daughter's Dora the Explorer flash games are chocking my SSE3 instruction set, and it can only do so much before Swiper gets his hands on em.... :(

So, I've got the A8N-SLi nVidia board (with nForce4) with a GeForce6600GT sticking out of it. Are there any drivers, any hacks, any anything to get hardware rendering rolling? Or anything better than what I'm employing now?

I'm not jumping back to my gigabit G4 just for hardware rendering on an Ati 128 ><

thanks,

-Tim

Thats the same hardware i've got and i'm going to install it as soon as it's finished getting it's self aquired by every legal means possible.

I've got the same hardware too, (A8N-SLI, 6600GT) but am getting the "Still waiting for root device" issue. I aim to try out some of the solutions to that problem and hopefully I can at least get it working. Too bad the LAN port does not work!

running JaS patched 8f1111g on A8N-SLI with 7800GTX.

I installed it to a physical drive with vmware.. works perfectly.

I have a $4 nic coming from newegg so I can network natively.

HOWEVER, there is no support for nvidia graphics cards. The Macvidia project is still promising a beta kext release "soon". We're all patiently waiting for it.

iLife does not seem to work properly without hardware graphics support... specifically iWeb. So I'm waiting for the macvidia kext to see if enabling CI and QE fixes it.