780i mobo

Yoru

16 posts in this topic

Today or tomorrow I will receive the new mobo from XFX, the one with 780i chipset that supports 3-way SLI.

Anybody have tried to install Leopard or Tiger on a XFX mobo? And in a mobo with 780i chipset? I have seen on the wiki that that the rest of the hardware (8800 GTX and Q6600) works with Leopard.

Congratulations for this great community!

My intention was to use Vista for gaming and OC, otherwise Mac Os X. Acording to this thread Mac Os X 10.5.10 works with nforce chipset isn't it?

It's is working somehow, but not perfectly. If your major time will be on M$ win, that's fine. Just ignore what I said. ^_^

Just got Kalyway 10.5.1 installed on an EVGA 780i (they're all basically reference boards). Had to us "-v cpus=1" during the install (don't think vanilla kernel will work), then "-x -v -m -f cpus=1" on first boot to get to a safe mode to install Punk92's 10.5.2 drivers for my 8800 GTS 512MB (G92). Just getting started, hopefully I can find a driver for the onbard lan and sound, or my X-Fi PCI-Express...

Good luck!

It's is working somehow, but not perfectly. If your major time will be on M$ win, that's fine. Just ignore what I said. :D

I plan to spend around 2 hours a day with M$ Winsucks ( :D ) I prefer to do the other tasks with Mac OS, so let's see if it works well... :( I had many problems with Winsucks in the past, but unfortunately, gaming is not the same in Mac OS X.

Just got Kalyway 10.5.1 installed on an EVGA 780i (they're all basically reference boards). Had to us "-v cpus=1" during the install (don't think vanilla kernel will work), then "-x -v -m -f cpus=1" on first boot to get to a safe mode to install Punk92's 10.5.2 drivers for my 8800 GTS 512MB (G92). Just getting started, hopefully I can find a driver for the onbard lan and sound, or my X-Fi PCI-Express...

Good luck!

Then the mobo is supported, not fully but at least it works... At the moment I don't understand where those commands go because I have to receive the mobo and start installing Leopard, but I think I will be able to do it searching at this forums.

One question, SATA works? I have read that SATA in some mobos with 680i don't work properly.

Thanks for your help guys! (And sorry for my bad english)

Currently I believe there is a problem with the NForce mobo drivers on Kalyway. I get an error if I try to partition my 500GB SATA drive. I could install to my 250GB ATA drive but it only shows up as 120GB. I've heard there are or will be updated drivers to resolve this. Can't wait for an update. BTW, the commands are entered when the disc boots up and says press F8 to enter boot/command line options. Same thing upon reboot.

Good to know. I know they were "supposed" to work, just wanted to hear it from someone that actually had a 780i board and did the install. :rolleyes: cheers

Good luck!

Sata will work fine with Medevil's sata driver, not the new one but the old one....links to the thrread are in my sig...also you should be able to use my golden post patch i put together in my 650/680i thread for your processor support whereas it containts a kernel enabling so..

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

@Ben10, what distro did you use? I have a ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe 780i board and the only way I was able to install Lawless AMD was to switch sata configuration to AHCI and it would only show my sata hdd's but no pata hdd's.

@Ben10, what distro did you use? I have a ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe 780i board and the only way I was able to install Lawless AMD was to switch sata configuration to AHCI and it would only show my sata hdd's but no pata hdd's.

I am using the XxX 10.5.5 with PPF2 patch applied to the iso. You can find more info on the distro here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=134861 . Supposedly it works with AMD also, maybe read through that thread to find more info on that. Goodluck!

• 6 months later...