Help installing a Dell wireless 1390 card!

glitchu1

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I have Leopard installed on my Dell XPS M1210 Laptop, I have a few issues, mainly I can't get duel monitors working and also I can't use wifi to connect to the net. I saw in a XPS thread that my card doesn't work, so I bought the card that is meant to work off ebay, the 1390 card, so I installed that today and apparently it should work without doing anything, but mine doesn't do anything at all, I don't get any wifi options on my laptop or anything, Any ideas? Does anyone have a guide on how to install one of these cards properly? maybe I didn't install the card correctly?

Any help is greatly appreciated, I hope it works or I just wasted my money :S

I agree with RSanders, there is not much you should have to do as the card should work right out of the box. I'm really not familiar with Dell as I have a Gateway, but I'd ask if your system has a switch that allows you to toggle wireless on/off? If so have you tried to toggle the switch? If all else fails you may want to re seat the card and connect the antennas and give it another shot. If all else fails you may just have a bad card.

I found this guide that worked perfectly on my Inspiron 1300 for making the Dell 1370 wireless work, and seeing as it uses the AirPort driver, it may work with all the Dell type wireless cards, not sure if it'll be as sucessful on your model, but it's worth a try. I even found on mine that the example Device ID was the same.

http://www.neonkoala.co.uk/faqs/18-wifi/44-broadcom-wireless

[...]

maybe I didn't install the card correctly?

Any help is greatly appreciated, I hope it works or I just wasted my money :S

Either its your install, or the card was DOA. I just got this card and it works with only minor tweaking under Network and the Airport menu in the Menu bar.

• 2 months later...