Realtek ALC 268 WORKING

comatron

132 posts in this topic

Hey i got internal/external mic speaker and headphone working. I just have one major issue. When I put my Acer 5220 to sleep and wake it back up the volume is a LOT lower than usually. When I take the volume control to about the half I can hardly hear anything. Has anyone the same problem and / or a solution?

Hey i got internal/external mic speaker and headphone working. I just have one major issue. When I put my Acer 5220 to sleep and wake it back up the volume is a LOT lower than usually. When I take the volume control to about the half I can hardly hear anything. Has anyone the same problem and / or a solution?

I have the exact same problem. It's the only thing that annoys me on my whole osx installation.

It solved my first problem on the kalyway 10.5.2 install which is it wouldnt output to external speakers.. now with this patch it will however my internal speakers just make a load clicking noise if I switch to them :blink:

also the volume control doesnt work, I hear you have to install the kext/patch in a certain way could anyone explain this better?

Acer 5620Z btw

Acer 5620Z btw

My Acer Extensa 5620's built-in speakers worked using the Azalia driver (included on iDeneb v3), but I really wanted headphone jack capability. I followed the instructions here exactly, and it worked great! I used Installer2. The only downside is a hiss on one side of the headphones, but turning the Mic level all the way down pretty much solves it.

For anyone that doesn't understand, to use headphones you go into System Preferences -> Sound -> Output, and select Headphones. Select IntSpeakers to switch back. They got it working by setting it up as a seperate audio device, so it doesn't auto-switch when you plug into the jack. Maybe someone clever can write up a patch for it to do so! Also, there is no more Mute available, but you can turn the volume all the way down for the same effect. Mic appears to work fine.

Very happy with this; many thanks to hplaptopmac and Taruga. My HackBook is 95% perfect now! hope this helps you.

For some reason after attempting to install it a couple more times, trying to copy the original applehda back on then installing it again it worked..?? lol

volume control, headphone port and mic work no crackling fuzzing or anything.

Thanks to this thread I now have a fully functional hackintosh :)

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please explain how to install this please? I have tried several ways explained in several threads however none work on my Vostro 1310, and someone in this thread has said it does work on his 1310.

I have a clean install of iDeneb 1.3 (10.5.5).

Thanks!

Ok this is what I tried:

1. I downloaded the attached zip file on the #1 post.

2. I downloaded and installed the AppleHDA.kext from this post (10.5.5 kext) with KextHelper b7.

3. I restarted.

4. I unzipped the package from the #1 post and installed the AppleHDA.kext using KextHelper b7.

5. I then ran the installer. Once done, I repaired permissions on the disk (which is did on the AppleHDA.kext file).

6. I restarted.

Still does not work. Can anyone let me know if this is the correct way to install this so I know if the kext actually works or not.

Thanks,

Rob

How to turn sound input off completely? With input levels on minimum I still have audible noise in headphones on Vostro 1510.

edit: I just deleted all input entries in info.plist in both kexts but the driver just wont start anymore :unsure:

Thats sick, I use headphones a ton with laptop.

• 2 weeks later...

i have better one!

i get sound till reboot. after reboot i got this: io reference error and dumping crash report msg. in the best case i have to delete the applehda to get rid of this, but sometimes it gives so many panics that i have to delete them in single user mode!

anyone?!

• 3 weeks later...

Humm... i think i've cried victory too fast. In fact, i don't know why sometimes when i boot, the laptop don't find any output devices. Even if i restart with -v -f. Then the output devices come back in one or two reboots. I don't know why? I think the computer can't load the kext all the time.

Anyone has this problem? Any solution? Any idea? Please.

Hi,

I have successfully installed my ALC 268 chipset but I've got 2 problems, I can't touch to the volume control... and when I choose the headphone output, then I get a "toc toc toc" sound in the headphone but nothing else...

Any method to fix these 2 problems ?

Thanks and have a nice day !

• 4 weeks later...

I have just installed OS X (Mac Leopard), need help on installing or finding the drivers for the following

Audio - Is not working

Network - not working

Sleep - not working

Camera - Not working

My System Config details are below

SYSTEM FEATURES LENOVO 3000 N100 (06896TA)

Processor Intel® Centrino® Duo Mobile Technology-

Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2300e

(1.66 GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 2 MB L2 Cache)

Monitor 14.1 WXGA TFT VibrantView

Memory 512 MB PC2 5300 DDR2 (667 MHz) SDRAM

Network Intel® PRO Wireless Connection 802.11 a/b/g

Chipset Intel® 945 GM

HDD 80 GB (5400 RPM) SATA

Optical Drive DVD CDRW Combo Drive

Wireless On/Off Switch Yes

Graphics Shared as per Intel® GMA950

Media Card Reader 4-in-1

Integrated Fingerprint Reader Yes

Integrated Camera Yes (1.3 Megapixel)

Modem Yes

Bluetooth Enabled

Let me know if you would require any more information to help me out

Thanks in advance

In regards to the post 2 up from this. I run a Toshiba A205-S4607 which has the ALC268 Audio, Intel 4965 B/G/N and Marvell Gigabit Ethernet. In order to use Wireless, I just use a Belkin F5D7050 2.0 Adapter ($20.00 - $29.99). For the sound, obviously I use the patch from this thread. I just lost sound though from using Drive Genius to do "repair permissions". I'm going to reinstall the patch driver for audio and I'm sure that will fix it. I also have a Chicony USB 2.0 camera that I can't seem to get working. I've been playing around with drivers but nothing as of yet. I can get it to come on for a second, but then it goes green to black indicating that the driver/codec isn't working properly.

For Internet, I would just buy a wireless card, such as the one I listed that I have which works on Kalyway 10.5.2 patched to 10.5.5. I will keep an eye on this thread in the event that I make progress with my own hardware. It's not the same hardware as you, but at least I might be able to help get you in the right direction.

Regards,

Rob

• 2 weeks later...