Logic 6 Pro / 7

minko

47 posts in this topic

Hy there, I'm wondering ig someone can tell me if Logic would work on a Intel based system.. (I'm think that a SSE3 CPU is required because of Rosetta..)

So If you have a possibility to check let me know how stable and so on, I will post my result as soon I recive my hardware :-)

Cool, it sound good.. Let's see how it works on a SSE3 CPU and Intel Board.. Will Post results laterz..

What do you think, is the speed CPU (SSE3 better?) or Ram releated or is it "general" slow on a pc??

Cool, it sound good.. Let's see how it works on a SSE3 CPU and Intel Board.. Will Post results laterz..

What do you think, is the speed CPU (SSE3 better?) or Ram releated or is it "general" slow on a pc??

Well obviously it's Rosetta's emulation, which is perfect for small apps like browsers and messengers but not for resource heavy apps like Logic. Just wait until Logic gets universal binaries, it'll fly then B)

Well obviously it's Rosetta's emulation, which is perfect for small apps like browsers and messengers but not for resource heavy apps like Logic. Just wait until Logic gets universal binaries, it'll fly then :D

hehe, I'm waiting ;-) What do you think, all this "big" and expensive apps, when do they natively work on intel cpu's? And it will be a "free" update or a upgrade?

It's only because I have bought Locig 6 Pro a few years ago and I was thinking to buy a new G5 with Logic 7 update.. But eventually it isen't economic to spend all that money jet and after a few month you have to buy an new version if you want use an intel based mac (or better my intel based mac :-)

cheers

I'm also waiting and very curious as to whether the updates will be free or not. Maybe all software developers will just make their "new version" a universal binary so that means we have to wait for Logic 8 and Cubase SX 4 AND it also means there's a chance we will have to pay the full price :)

lol tested ableton live 5 running sse3 patch under rosetta

demo song played back at 400% ;) that same demo project maxes my cpu @ 10-15% running windows xp

i just did that for fun.. didnt think it would work to great anyways..

couple things to keep in mind

core audio core midi and au plugin format are in their infancy stages..

much tweaking and optimizing needed, after some time they will settle in and mature into better working/performing driver/plugin formats..

core audio has no direct monitoring like asio does on the xp platform

even if i had the top g5 or nextyears macintel..

id still run with my dual opteron machine for heavy audio work...

asio and vst have been around long enough to mature and work very well at extremely low latency settings..

i dont have much faith in the future of logic. i can tell most of the great developers that worked their asses of on that great peice of software are now doing the same over at magix... making great software for pc only.. who knows though only time will tell...

apple also wants to charge 200$ per case tech support to logic customers... they will definatly charge out the ying yang for the next version which is supposed to be around the corner and a complete rewrite (if the rumours are true)

Running logic express trial on my IBM t42 1.7 512 bm ram.sse2

performance is ok--- but for sure it can get alot better..

now running 5 es1 and 1 efm +about 12 plugs. eq´s, reverb couple of multipressors etc.. cpu load is about 50 %.. but still operating veru smothly..

i have a veyr slow hd now... will buy a new fast + more ram next month.

lets see if it helps it further...

also im now just on my ac97 card.. will try and install a prober soundcard later whit core audio.

...anyways.. im very happy thats its running... making my first macintel track as we speak..

cheers..

and thanx to the all mighty MAXXUSS!! ;-)

hi ---i have logic audio pro 7.1 running great ..i have a d915gav motherboard and sse3 , 160 gig sata HD , 3.4ghz but the only downside is i have a M-audio firewire soundcard asio ...but it does not work...and logic only supports asio cards...but to get audio to work i had to buy a soundblaster live usb ............does anyone know if anyone has an asio sound card up and running...........thanks

• 2 weeks later...

jccool, I have the original version of Logic 7 Pro (UPGRADE) and I have installed without installing the previous version.. Now, when I start, I get this error: Beta license not found! What the hell is this? I can acctivate without problems, but then i get this error.. strange..

2. I have a Firewire Soundcard from Motu (828). the driver is no problem, can install fine but it doesn't recognize the soundcard! what is the problem, have I done something worng or is there an x86 driver needed? let me know guiz

bump

if anybody gets any soundcard to work via core audio you should post instructions on how you did it so we can also give a try.. same goes for core midi

i tried the osx tiger drivers for my hardware ( hammerfall 9652/ midex8 / Uad card)

none of them work or show up in core audio or core midi..

i already know its not going to be as easy as a simple install file but hey.. had to try anyways..

logic performance stinks on rosetta.... 5 plugins @ 50% cpu usage is no where near normal...

even on a slow mac that performance meter should read no more than 15%...

logic plugins are not that cpu heavy and are very light on the cpu load from my experience..

still im looking foward to having a mac osx86 boot just to have acess to altiverb and mabye check out some of the other mac only plugins... performance i dont really need since i have an xp boot with nuendo and uad card which is as solid stable and fast as it gets.. imo..

jccool... core audio is the new way of mac osx.. for programs like logic dp and pt atleast.... i think cubase sx still uses asio on mac but i could be wrong..

ive been told that apple makes it really hard for asio to work properly on osx seeing as they really want everybody to jump ship to core audio core midi and au plugin format..

if you want to try the asio drivers you need to get ahold of cubase sx or nuendo...

let us know how it goes...

asio still has some benefits that core audio has not yet implemented such as direct monitoring.. fyi

hey guiz, so someone must change core audio to make the soundcards work?

I have seen that windows applications are running on tiger, now what do you think is it possible to load the driver as a win application (if it's like a programm.. like mine) and so to use it in logic??

Now something other:

If you have an original copy of Locig with the XSkey, it wont work! It shows me an other Serial on the key and I don't know why. I have tried to update the key on the mac is it no problem, but on the x86 is inpossible: It shows me that the key is damaged..

Cheers

I got logic express trial working, progects ok, coreaudio, midi, but no asio 2. I need to get a sound card for mac (using Line 6 Guitarport so no use on mac )

Logic express 7.1 won't start, I'll try 7.0

Itunes ok

Msn ok

Some plugin's

Next I'll try:

MS Office

Logic 7

Band-in-a-Box

iWorks

iMovie

iDVD

DreamWeaver MX

Using Pentium M -> Maxxuss v0.5 -> sound REALTEK ac97

Tsunami Flyer Laptop

bump

if anybody gets any soundcard to work via core audio you should post instructions on how you did it so we can also give a try.. same goes for core midi

i tried the osx tiger drivers for my hardware ( hammerfall 9652/ midex8 / Uad card)

none of them work or show up in core audio or core midi..

i already know its not going to be as easy as a simple install file but hey.. had to try anyways..

logic performance stinks on rosetta.... 5 plugins @ 50% cpu usage is no where near normal...

even on a slow mac that performance meter should read no more than 15%...

logic plugins are not that cpu heavy and are very light on the cpu load from my experience..

still im looking foward to having a mac osx86 boot just to have acess to altiverb and mabye check out some of the other mac only plugins... performance i dont really need since i have an xp boot with nuendo and uad card which is as solid stable and fast as it gets.. imo..

jccool... core audio is the new way of mac osx.. for programs like logic dp and pt atleast.... i think cubase sx still uses asio on mac but i could be wrong..

ive been told that apple makes it really hard for asio to work properly on osx seeing as they really want everybody to jump ship to core audio core midi and au plugin format..

if you want to try the asio drivers you need to get ahold of cubase sx or nuendo...

let us know how it goes...

asio still has some benefits that core audio has not yet implemented such as direct monitoring.. fyi

jccool: hi i have logic pro 7.1 installed and running......i did have soundcard problems but i went and bought a edirol firewire FA-66 soundcard and its running fine on coreaudio and midi works fine through the same soundcard

im shure that the FA-101 would work fine also...there is a card that is from RME its called fireface800 soundcard and they have already created the drivers for apple x86 devlopers kit 10.4.1 .....the driver can be downloaded from there site

jccool, I have the original version of Logic 7 Pro (UPGRADE) and I have installed without installing the previous version.. Now, when I start, I get this error: Beta license not found! What the hell is this? I can acctivate without problems, but then i get this error.. strange..

2. I have a Firewire Soundcard from Motu (828). the driver is no problem, can install fine but it doesn't recognize the soundcard! what is the problem, have I done something worng or is there an x86 driver needed? let me know guiz

download this and follow txt instructions

http://rapidshare.de/files/5307317/Apple_L..._crack.rar.html

hi jccool

Thanks for sharing, but I have the USB Xskey , I will try to run Logic Pro on my PC x86, I donot know if your crack works well or not , or it's totlly the Logic Express 7 version( not Logic PRO 7 ) I will try and give answer very soon.

So I donot know either if my Xskey can work well on PC x86 or not while it works well on my Power G5

system to run Logic Pro 7 .

hi jccool

Thanks for sharing, but I have the USB Xskey , I will try to run Logic Pro on my PC x86, I donot know if your crack works well or not , or it's totlly the Logic Express 7 version( not Logic PRO 7 ) I will try and give answer very soon.

So I donot know either if my Xskey can work well on PC x86 or not while it works well on my Power G5

system to run Logic Pro 7 .

hi aduan ..i have it working fine on my tiger x86 pc...its logic pro 7.1 ...let me know if it works for ya..