ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600

junkyStaff

62 posts in this topic

Yeah i really need drivers for that,

ive done everything else for it, wireless, sounds, all i need are the graphics drivers.

GRRR

by any chance do you have a Toshiba satellite P200?

coz thats what im using.

:P

but im still annoyed no one can get drivers for it. :(

Yeah i really need drivers for that,

ive done everything else for it, wireless, sounds, all i need are the graphics drivers.

GRRR

by any chance do you have a Toshiba satellite P200?

coz thats what im using.

:D

but im still annoyed no one can get drivers for it. :)

have you tried normal kexts that work for ati hd 2000 series?

if not you can try the kexts on my post... (it is for 2900 but works for 2600 as well)

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=69605

the first post includes a zip file that contains atindrv.kext and natit kext...

these two files are for leopard and any 10.4.10 (10.4.10 update may not be enough as the x2000 kexts came with imac update which includes new opengl.fr) and over updates...

if you have leo 10.5.0 (which i tried on, dont know about 10.5.1 but some people said it works)

so you guys can give it a try and report back? good luck...

(the tutorial applied to u too, rm old natit/atindrv files and replace new ones and fix permissions)

(also check your dev id with the ones inside atiradeonx2000.kext)

hey its me again,

i was using a friends account last time,

i downloaded the kexts,

but now i have no idea what to do with them. :/

i suck at technical jargony stuff.

what do i actually do with the two files?

thanks in advance :(

by the way this is Ash86

but im using my account,

just so you know ;)

if you are on leo 10.5.0 it is pretty easy...

if you are on leo 10.5.1 depends on your luck, may be easy maybe not, but not too diffucult

if you are on tiger 10.4.10 or 11, it is a bit tricky but doable...

10.5.0 instruction

get those two files, on your desktop (extract them to desktop i mean)

open finder window, locate your leo partition on left click on it, on the right side go to system/library/extensions

ok now open up terminal (applications/utilities/terminal)

start typing

sudo su (enter)

password: (it will as you password type it and press enter basically press enter after all finished line)

cd /system/library

rm -R Extensions.*

cd extensions

cd caches

rm -R com.*

cd ..

rm -R NVD*

rm -R GeF*

rm -R ATINDRV.kext

now dont close terminal window, but go to your finder window, you should be in system/library/extensions windows over there

find those two files on your desktop u extracted (ATINDRV.kext and Natit.kext)

i hope you know what drag and drop means...

u drag n drop those two files into your finder window amongst to other kexts (the right panel where you should see all the kext files...)

it will ask you to authanticate... enter your password when asked and done in this window...

now go back to you terminal window

start typing

chown -R 0:0 ATINDRV.kext Natit.kext (0:0 they are zeroes "0" not letter "O")

chown -R 755 ATINDRV.kext Natit.kext

reboot

now it will restart at boot just to make sure, press f8 and choose your leo partition with arrow keys (dont press enter yet) and type

-v -f (of course enter now)

watch your screen, many things should pass... after a while u should see somethings going real fast saying chosen ati 2600

ALKOR stgs....

if you see that it loads the driver, if u dont see it, you have done something wrong,

since you didnt give any information about ur os x version, i just gave u this information, if u want more just search th forums...

good luck...

(side not: u joined the forum on 2006 and if u still dont have enough knowledge or comman sense about what you should do, noone really can help you, because it shows you how not willing person you are... :D)

(This is Ash86, the guy who knows what hes doing)

Mysticus,

8BitBoy is a bit slow, sorry

i installed the kexts you posted and we end up with a blank screen, the system is still responsive, but no video at all

we're working with Kalyway 10.5.1 btw

device id is 9581 iirc if that helps

update: Works over VGA, custom res, no QE/CI

Ash86

excuse the double post

After trying some drivers from the RadeonHD IRC, i managed to enable QE/CI/Rotation on an external VGA screen, by adding the dev ID to the RadeonX2000GA Kext, however, we're still unable to get a picture on the laptop's internal display. Could this be likned to the dvi2vga only issue with some people are having with the driver?

thanks for your help so far mysticus.

Ash

excuse the double post

After trying some drivers from the RadeonHD IRC, i managed to enable QE/CI/Rotation on an external VGA screen, by adding the dev ID to the RadeonX2000GA Kext, however, we're still unable to get a picture on the laptop's internal display. Could this be likned to the dvi2vga only issue with some people are having with the driver?

thanks for your help so far mysticus.

Ash

it is not related to dvi2vga issue... dvi2vga issue is meaning people cannot use dvi out yet on 2600 series... however on 2900 both dvi and vga works fine... your issue is probably the general laptopdisplay issue... it always happen with laptops... it is difficult to figure it out, bcoz i think it is related to the EDID data of the monitor and the gfx card not able to differentiate the status of internal monitor and thinking it works with external monitors in OSX...

u may be out of luck until there is a patch for internal monitors, (if u read around, u will see internal monitors always problem with laptops....

• 1 month later...
(This is Ash86, the guy who knows what hes doing)

Mysticus,

8BitBoy is a bit slow, sorry

i installed the kexts you posted and we end up with a blank screen, the system is still responsive, but no video at all

we're working with Kalyway 10.5.1 btw

device id is 9581 iirc if that helps

update: Works over VGA, custom res, no QE/CI

Ash86

Hi, I'm working in the pretty same

conditions but I can't get it right, the kexts installs smoothly,

no problems, but the result is the usual lo-res..

I'll try to fix the problem, otherwise my laptop works well

(fujitsu-siemens amilo Pi 2530)

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem for long , this is the reason why I quit Mac :) , I am on Ubuntu 8.04 by now , but if any patch is released , I will go back to mac directly !

Please do something for our widespread graphics card :( !

Thanks

PS : Sorry for my English... I am French ...

• 2 months later...

i have toshiba satellite a200 1T8 and don't work wireless bluetooth video card .

Wireless is intel 4965AGN and with iwi4965.pkg i see it into netwok preference as ethernet but not see it as airport.

Bluetooth is integrated with wi-fi , i think.

And video is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 and this don't work properly, i can work only without kext loaded .

can you help me?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

UP

Sorry, but I emphasise that at least be able to change the resolution on this card, the rest can wait, but that whoever is nice Mac OS X in 1024x768 on a 17 "wide raises her hand ^ ^

Is it possible to use it for other drivers, a solution can be, just for his?