No video signal after Apple logo

yukachan

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I finally assembled my Hackintosh ;D(temporarily housed in a PC case, I'm still preparing the Quicksilver case). Kalyway 10.5.1 installed without a glitch using PATA DVD drive and SATA hardrive. Used GUID and HFS+, installed Vanilla kernel, NVInject for my 6800GT card and Azalia out for sound. On first boot from SATA hardrive, it showed the grey apple logo then signal disappeared. Since Leopard booted from the SATA hardrive, I thought it something to do with my videocard so I connected my monitor to the built-in VGA port. Still the same problem. Hmmm.... Any ideas? Moreover, on the BIOS, there is no choice for ACHI. Only AUTO, ENHANCED, COMBINATION and another one I forgot. I used all choices but the same problem occurs. Thanks a lot! I enjoy this Hackintosh!

UPDATE: I managed to find the culprit through one member from aquamac forum "nikonnut". It was the NVinject in Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD. I reinstalled again, selecting Vanilla kernel, Azalia out, and boot efi guid. Didn't install NVinject. On reboot, everything went smooth! NOte that the Kalyway DVD SHOULD not be in the DVD drive on boot-up or else "com.apple.plist" message will greet you. Once the Kalyway DVD is taken out of the DVD drive before boot-up, Leopard will boot-up normally from the SATA drive. I have no problem booting-up the installer DVD from the PATA DVD drive.

One problem though is that my videocard is not completely recognized as GeForce 6800GT. No Core Image and Quartz Extreme yet. Have to take other NVinject from gotoh's website.

Ethernet works out of the box without patching. Sound worked after AZALIA out patch.

This Gigabyte motherboard will not recognize the SATA drive if the 2.4 GHz C2Duo is overclocked to 3.2 GHz (266x12) but is OK at 3.0 GHz (250x12). I'm now running it at 3.0 GHz. So far so good.