MacWorld: Steve's Keynote

Numberzz

161 posts in this topic

Because you can't upgrade memory, thus they give your the max. All is built on.

Good point.

Even though i dont see a real use in this one (as i seen none in AsusEEE). This would make a good present for my girlfriend, so she'll have a cool and stylish Apple computer, fast enough to run photoshop and play with photos on the go. :D

Still, what's the iGPU? X3100 (the GMA950 successor)? And does it support Full HD?

EDIT:

LOL, my iGPU guess is correct.

I think the price is reasonable considering the r and d that had to have gone in to something like that. I just can't imagine them selling too many of them, kind of a niche market. I am surprised they did not use the mobile penryn as battery life and performance would have been better.

Still, what's the iGPU? X3100 (the GMA950 successor)? And does it support Full HD?\

Sub-notebooks aren't really built around anything but their size and weight. Any chip that can display the desktop at the screen's native res is good enough. Beyond that they are probably looking at power consumption and physical size much more closely than performance.

This is not a desktop replacment. This isn't even your normal laptop replacment. This is what you carry when your main laptop would be too much hassle to carry :).

All in all though, this WAS a dissappointment. The Macbook Air is cool, but beyond that all pretty much "blah" software updates. I wish the Mini had gotten some better specs :D.

The Air isn't puny. Core 2 Duo, 2 gigs ram, decent hard drive options. If you had external hard drive, you can edit some video, but without firewire your are limited. It is powerful and pretty much those that always go and never stop. Not my thing but oh well. I to wanted beefed up Mini's, I am planning to finally get one.

I am amazed, the ethernet port is optional! Now that is dumb, no offense to Apple.

I TOLD YOU since day 1 of Leopard.

Thats why Leopard has an USB to Ethernet Kext in its IONetworking kext.

And it is not DUMB, every day more wireless less wired.

Who remember when NO-Floppy was DUMB?

Intel Core 2 Duo processor

2GB memory

80GB 4200-rpm PATA hard drive1

Built-in 802.11n Wi-Fi2 and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR

Ships: 2-3 weeks

Free Shipping

$1,799.00

Is this a Joke? or Apple Ceo's doesnt know what $ is!. I just bought Macbook Pro 2.2 at a price 2000.- usd which is more and more better than this {censored}.

I see a weak config with a huge cost! Didnt like it... It should be around 999.- usd which sounds normal.

Trance2007, you need to understand economics. It costs money to get Intel to shrink a chip by 60%. It costs money to get a laptop that small, have a big screen, big keyboard, etc. Now I am not into the price either, but I do know it wasn't going to be cheap. As time goes on and smaller chips come out, it is go down. New technology is always high.

This was my first Macworld since having my MacBook Pro and I can definitely say I am disappointed. No MacBook updates? No MacBook Pro updates? I thought they'd redesign the notebook line completely! Guess all those rumors of a black MBP was bull. =[

Oh well.

So what is actually new tonight???

Only the Macbook Air.... thats it..

Indeed a software upgrade on iTunes, iMovie and Quicktime... no iPhone 1.1.3...???

Presenting a bunch of rental :P thats about it.

Apple TV take doesn't exist yet... No Leopard upgrade which is really needed...

The could have fitted this in 15 minutes.... <_<