MacWorld: Steve's Keynote

Numberzz

161 posts in this topic

Well, his keynote starts in a few hours, and I'm sure everyone is filled with anticipation. :P I'll be watching a live stream of the keynote, and I'll try to edit this post when something important happens. The only problem is that I will be in school, so it might not be updated as fast as it could be (thanks, small form-factor iPhone). So if any other staff members see anything that I missed, feel free to add it here! The keynote is supposed to begin at 9:00 PST, which is UTC-8.

I will be editing this original post.

Live Steams: Cunning.TV, MacRumors Live and ArsTechnica.

Starting any minute now... :D :D :D:P

For those who haven't noticed, the Apple Store is down...

8:58: Media let inside.

Music is now playing.

9:14 am: New Get a Mac commercial: Happy New Year. PC has had a bad year, but looking forward to this year. Steve is now on stage.

9:15 am: Four things to talk to us about today

New product: Time Capsule: Small hard drive for laptops, 2 versions: 500 GB version - $299, 1 TB $499.

9:21 am: 20,000 iPhones per day average

9:26 am: Maps with location, Webclips, Customize home screen, SMS multiple people, chapters in videos, subtitles, lyrics (sounds like firmware 1.1.3). It's available today.

9:34 am: For iPod Touch: 5 new apps. Mail, Stocks, Notes, and Weather

9:36 am: 4 billion songs sold as of last week on iTunes

9:37 am: iTunes Movie Rentals. Touchstone, Miramax, MGM, Lionsgate, Newline, FOx, WB, Disney, Paramount, Universal, Sony. Over 1000 movies (available 30 days after DVD release). DAMMIT. Library titles: $2.99, New Releases: $3.99. HD rentals are $4.99. 100 titles today

9:43: "What about this flat-screen TV I just bought?" Lol, Steve, lol. Rent them in DVD quality and in HD. Rent directly from widescreen TV. We tried with Apple TV, now we have Apple TV take 2, no computer required.

9:51 am: Steve demoed starting a movie just after having rented it. He has an extremely fast connection. The movie was downloading at 1% per second.

9:58: Flickr isn't serving up photos for Steve. Hehe

10:04: This I'd a free softwre update and it will be out in Two weeks.

10:10: New notebook, MacBook Air. :o Competition specs: 3 lbs, .8-1.2 inches, 11 or 12" display. 10:13 am: display is LED backlit. iSight is built-in. MacBook-like keyboard, but with an ambient light sensor

10:12 am: Magnetic latch, 13.3" widescreen display

10:12 am: MacBook Air is 0.16" to 0.76". The thickest part of the MacBook Air is thinner than the thinnest part of the Sony. It fits inside a envelope. Multi-touch trackpad. Move a window by double-tap and move. Rotate a photo by pivoting your index finger around your thumb. Of course, pinch-zoom. Ships with 80GB standard, option of 64GB solid state disk "a little pricey but fast!" Hard disk is 1.8" hard drives from the iPods. 1.6 GHz Standard, 1.8 GHz Option -- Intel Core 2 Duo.

m1200420757.jpg

-Remote Disk will show you all the Macs and PCs in your vicinity that have software and "ask to borrow optical drive" so you can install software from a CD or DVD

-We have a new feature called "Remote Disk" for the MacBook Air

10:25: 2 GB Memory standard. -Pricing at $1799 Pre-orders today, shipping in two weeks. I WANT ONE.

Apple.com updated. Check everything out!

Cunning.TV or MacRumors Live. If you want to know how miserable it is here, here is a picture from outside my window. It's about 40ºF out and it's super foggy. But as they say, here in California, if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes. :P

20080115-1pyrnuj8ybirkqj8fnb2y32uhm.jpg

Note: This is REAL FOG. None of that fake fog machine stuff

40˚F?

Pfft, you lightweight

i'm watching macdailynews.com update plus macrumours.com update together... seems like seating is a hell problem... might be delayed till 9.15 before they start... hmm...

EDIT: i love expose.... lets u watch both windows TOGETHER as they update... woot... screw M$ arse...

Live:

1 First product is Time capsule... time machine used with airport express(802.11n) + server grade hard drive... 500Gb / 1Tb flavor.... targeted at the mac notebook market... (kinda looks jus like an airport express)

2 New software for iPhone featuring: Maps with location, Webclips, Customize home screen, SMS multiple people (most prob its gonna be the rumoured 1.1.3 firmware update).... New Webclips feature that allows u to zoom and remember up to 9 places u zoomed in to... iPhone has added chapter options and language capability in iPod mode......

3 5 new apps for iPod Touch: Mail, Stocks, Notes, Weather and maps.... $20 upgrade...

4 iTunes movie rental announced... Touchstone, Miramax, MGM, Lionsgate, Newline, FOx, WB, Disney, Paramount, Universal, Sony all on board... Basically all major studios are on board this movie rental service.. Over 1000 movies (available 30 days after DVD release).......

Watch instantly (30 seconds with modern broadband) and Watch anywhere (Macs, PCs, all current iPods and iPhone)..... Rules: 30 days to start watching. 24 hours to finish... iTunes Movie Rentals launches today in the U.S. International will launch later this year. Software updates for iPods and iTunes will be forthcoming...

5 Apple TV Take 2. No computer required. Rent movies on Apple TV. DVD quality AND HD + Dolby 5.1... Photos from Flickr & .Mac and Podcasts (audio and video).... HD rentals are $4.99. 100 titles today..... Synching with iTunes... Can preview movies from the interface, and see what other users who have rented that movie have rented...

Photo screensavers can be retrieved from .Mac web galleries... Music can be bought from within Apple TV...... available as a free software update... New software will be out in 2 weeks.... Apple TV price drop. Entry price drops from $299 to $229......

6 MACBOOK AIR is HERE!!!!!!!

"The World's Thinnest Notebook"......

MacBook Air is 0.16" to 0.76".

Magnetic latch, 13.3" widescreen display

display is LED backlit. iSight is built-in. MacBook-like keyboard, but with an ambient light sensor

Multi-touch trackpad

Move a window by double-tap and move. Rotate a photo by pivoting your index finger around your thumb. Of course, pinch-zoom.

1.8" hard drive

80 GB hard disk standard, 64 GB SSD as an option. "they're pricy, but they're fast"

1.6 GHz Standard, 1.8 GHz Option -- Intel Core 2 Duo (Apple asked Intel to shrink the Core 2 Duo. Intel shrunk the processor by 60%. Paul Otellini, CEO of Intel is taking the stage)

Other features: 45 Watt MagSafe, 1 USB 2.0 port, Micro-DVI, Audio Out, 802.11n + Bluetooth 2.1/EDR

No optical drive software comes with the MacBook Air that allows you to "borrow" a Mac or PCs optical drive.

2 GB Memory standard

5 hrs batt life

$1799

AVAILABLE TODAY, SHIP IN 2 WEEKS

fully aluminum case

f1200420757.jpgm1200420840.jpg

that wraps it all up folks... see u next year 5-9 Jan 2009...