iATKOS 1.0 R2 Installation Instructions

Donk

78 posts in this topic

Hi NSCXP2005,

I've tried with both physical and emulated DVD's, but I've only reached the blue screen with the physical one. I've also tried with both 64 bit and 32 bit operating systems, and with both I get stuck before installation. Something curious is that the second configuration file from Donk hasn't worked for me, only the first one. I also get every time the message saying that the guest operating system has sent an ATAPI message to the DVD drive and that that functionality is not configured on the virtual machine (I believe it's the same BSD error Major 14, Minor 4 you get). How much time did it took to load the installer? What processor do you have? :rolleyes:

Thanks

im at the half of the installation. But the install process is hanging, at the half.

when i look in to the installer log, i becomt the folowing messafge: idle 10 min with 1 open connection

what does this mean ??

I got iATKOS v1.0i R2 to successfully install on my Sony VAIO VGN-FZ190E/B on the second time around.  My problem now is figuring out how to boot into it.  I didn't backup my MBR, so that got corrupted during the installation.  I just today installed GRUB on it, and now I can boot into Windows XP without using the GParted LiveCD I was using.  

If anyone knows how to boot into OS X with GRUB or another bootloader, please let me know.

I was able to install iatkos on vmware workstation ace following your instructions . however, i am not able to get networking working. In OSx is looks like the network card is detected, but it says that the cable is unplugged. I followed the directions for the maxx drivers and i am using your config file. Any advice how to get networking working?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I am getting the following error trying to install iATKOS_v2.0i in Vmware Workstation 6.5.

hfs_mount failed: 5

nfs_boot : networking is not initialized

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x002D88DE): "nfs_boot_init failed with 6\n"@/Volumes/disk1s2/leo_xnu/xnu-1228/bsd/nfs/nfs_vfsops.c:851

Debugger called: <panic>

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks a bunch, Donk - I'll be trying this as soon as I get home today. I really appreciate your excellent, professional tutorials and follow-up support.

Edit: will be trying with iATKOS 4i ... has anybody attempted/succeeded with this latest version of iATKOS?

Same here.... "Blue bubbles screen en rolling beach ball....." but no progress.

Any help?

Tried -v, -x, -f and cpus=1; all with the same result.

Setup:

- HP dv9000 with Vista

- VMWare workstation 6.0.4 build 93057

- iATKOS_4i.iso

• 2 months later...

I have Dell D620 with Intell wireless and Nvidia video 2 gig of memory. I was able to get Iatkos 10.5.4 to work after like 6 reboots but the video was low resolution. could not update it.

Anyone have any suggestions this is new to me and i just have the dvd frind gave me.