Which mouse do you use?

ocZZZ

34 posts in this topic

Logitech Cordless keyboard combo USB, great key and mouse action - fluid and fast

Logitech Cordless lasermouse USB dongle, great mouse action - fluid and fast

Microsoft Notebook optical mouse - works fine, good tracking, less smooth than Logitech ones.

Original G4 see-through single button optical mouse - very fluid and fast

Logitech MX Revolution and Logitech wave keyboard, both work perfectly in Vista & Leopard. I'm using latest Logitech Control Center 2.4, all macros on keyboard & buttons on mouse work without a hitch.

A 'Cyber Snipa Intelliscope' - the most stupidly named product on Earth, and it has stupid 'bling' lights all over it, in two colours. It works very well and has a very comfortable shape to it. I assume it's aimed at gamers, but it was the cheapest decent laser mouse I could find...

Mine lives in 1000dpi mode (red lights), what's the 2400 for? I don't want the cursor to move from one edge of the screen to the other in less than an inch!

My previous Logitech iFeel was great, but the feet on the bottom wore out with 6 years constant use, so it was getting a bit rough to move around.

A lot:

Microsoft Optical Mouse

Microsoft Explorer 4

Microsoft Wireless Mouse

Microsoft Wireless Explorer 2

Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse

Microsoft Wireless Notebook Mouse

Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000

Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000

Logitech MX700 Bluetooth Mouse

Kensingtons Notebook Wireless PocketMouse.

and maybe others

Before the Microsoft Software supports it's Bluetooh mice i used SteerMouse, but now I'm very happy with the IntelliPoint software.

Never had a problem but didn't like the movement with SteerMouse

• 3 months later...

Logitech MX 518

I'm also experiencing some erratic behaviour. Even before I got SteerMouse to get rid of the annoying acceleration (and add working sidebuttons) I've had problems with the cursor randomly "jumping" a few pixles ahead of itself when I'm moving it.

I'm fine with this when just doing everyday stuff but in Photoshop this is REALLY annoying when I do pixle-precise work. Also when I try to draw a "perfect" circle in Photoshop it will turn more out like a square-ish blob, must be some weird mouse axis curves under the OSX hood. Lastly, a problem I ONLY experience in Photoshop is the mouse appears to move with a much lower framerate than outside of the app, when I have tools that interact with the canvas selected. For instance when I select the marquee tool and move it about it's really laggy but the second I go outside the work area and the cursor turns into the regular mac cursor it moves perfectly smooth (except the few jumps as mentioned). When I use the magnifying tool however it doesn't lag... Just weird.

Anywho, I've been considering buying a Mighty Mouse hoping it might help somehow, and I'd really like something that match the Aluminum Keyboard I just got.

LOGITECHMX5000LASER-S.jpg

Im using an MX5000 bluetooth mouse and keyboard, its been great with me! Worked right out of the box and even though it says its not OSX compatible, the touch n slide volume and mute controls work great!

It even tells me the date, inside temperature and time! :D

Logitech MX 518

I'm also experiencing some erratic behaviour. Even before I got SteerMouse to get rid of the annoying acceleration (and add working sidebuttons) I've had problems with the cursor randomly "jumping" a few pixles ahead of itself when I'm moving it.

I'm fine with this when just doing everyday stuff but in Photoshop this is REALLY annoying when I do pixle-precise work. Also when I try to draw a "perfect" circle in Photoshop it will turn more out like a square-ish blob, must be some weird mouse axis curves under the OSX hood. Lastly, a problem I ONLY experience in Photoshop is the mouse appears to move with a much lower framerate than outside of the app, when I have tools that interact with the canvas selected. For instance when I select the marquee tool and move it about it's really laggy but the second I go outside the work area and the cursor turns into the regular mac cursor it moves perfectly smooth (except the few jumps as mentioned). When I use the magnifying tool however it doesn't lag... Just weird.

Anywho, I've been considering buying a Mighty Mouse hoping it might help somehow, and I'd really like something that match the Aluminum Keyboard I just got.

That's weird, I also use a MX518 and don't have that problem.

My mice:

Logitech MX310

Logitech MX518

What's your hardware and what release you got? It may just be that you're one of the lucky ones that can't see past 30fps. I'm very sensetive to framerates and stuttering, I can tell whether a monitor is set to 60hz or 75hz by the movement of a mouse. For instance; I've heard stories told far and wide of people that thought Mass Effect ran smooth on the Xbox 360. For me, it was living hell :lol:

Logitech MX 518

I think I'm experiencing the same problem on my deathadder.

I just realized it after reading your post.

Anyone have any ideas? And if I change to mightymouse, would it work properly?

thanks =I

• 2 weeks later...
Which mouse do you use and how is it working? I have a logitech g5 and it's abit choppy for some reason. Even with steermouse, its not the same as windows or a native mac.

Razer Copperhead mouse (laser 2000dpi), love this thing

smooth, nimble and accurate. if i had to complain about anything its the side button positions

The bad mouse behavior some of us are experiencing is obviously not a bad choice of mice since they work flawlessly in Windows. This must either be a problem with OS X itself, for instance USB kernels or whatever, or a hackintosh-specific related issue, possibly display drivers/card (I'm using a Radeon HD 3870 with netkas latest drivers).

I've never seen or tried a Mac in my entire life so I don't know how it's supposed to behave. For all I know this is how it's meant to be and some people just can't see it even though it's there.

I'm using system.kext for kernel 9.2.2 and I'm about to downgrade it to 9.2.0 compatible version to see if this fixes the problem.

(Update: no change)

jittermouse.jpg