Vmware v.s. Parallels

7 posts in this topic

for people who don't know which to choose ;)

version i used to test,

vmware = 1.1.0-62573

parallels = 5582

SuperPI runs fine in vmware,

but suck up in parallels

PCMark04 sucks also in parallels..

Windows XP Professional SP2

the performance in vmware is far more better than parallel.

post-23385-1200119841_thumb.png

post-23385-1200119910_thumb.png

post-23385-1200119946_thumb.png

post-23385-1200119936_thumb.png

i think you would prefer 2 processors(vmware) than 1(parallels) only.

post-23385-1200146146_thumb.png

post-23385-1200146154_thumb.png

this stats may not reflect the actual performance,

the this can tell how well the drviers was developed.

post-23385-1200146161_thumb.png

post-23385-1200146169_thumb.png

I think that depend what do you use more, Intensive Graphics --> Vmware Fusion wins, I like more Fusion than Parallels but I boot gaster with Parallels and most of the operations I feel Parallels a little bit quicker.

Could you write a post with a comparison of Specific tests?

I think that depend what do you use more, Intensive Graphics --> Vmware Fusion wins, I like more Fusion than Parallels but I boot gaster with Parallels and most of the operations I feel Parallels a little bit quicker.

Could you write a post with a comparison of Specific tests?

i should have reduced the difference between two VTs.

since i can't run pcmark04 and superPI completely in parallels,

i can't compare..

and pcmark05 didn't allow me to export to excel, it's hard to tell.

• 4 months later...

Well i prefer fusion im using fusion beta and my boot camp partition vista x64 runs GREAT! cept no games :D i can play some older games but most of them are too choppy to play. i highly suggest moving to beta 2 Fusion (a few bit negligible bugs to be worked out still). ive given up on parallels all together.. plus with acronis boot selector and a backup thumb drive in case the boot gets messed up re initialize acronis and voila everything works! make it simple people..use what is easy to use.. and you will be rewarded.. ive attached screenshots etc...i have to use vista x64 because of the ram limitations as i have 5 GB of ram .. oh and the final pic is with Unity which BTW is done really well.

post-157287-1213251832_thumb.png

post-157287-1213251960_thumb.png

post-157287-1213252119_thumb.png

post-157287-1213252396_thumb.png

post-157287-1213252407_thumb.png

I had first installed Parallels and pointed it to my existing 32bit Vista partition. It boots to Vista, but after a few minutes it crashed with a BSOD. I rebooted it a few times and got the same BSOD. The last time my Vista partition was totally ruined beyond repair. Luckily, I had it backed up before testing Parallels. Then, I restored my Vista partition and tested it with Vmware Fusion. Guess what? It booted right up without any crash whatsoever. My Vista partition is running rock solid with Fusion. If anyone wanna try parallels, you should back up your Windows before doing so.

sha_doh & phantom8: i see that your are running vista x64 from real HD partition (boot camp). can you run vista in fusion and native without reactivating vista every time? which version of vista (OEM or box?)

i have osx/vista x64 dual boot on hackintosh and i'm reluctant to try running vista x64 off my HD partition in fusion (boot camp mode) because i thought vista would need to be reactivated every time you change your running environment (native vs. fusion) as fusion (i suppose) presents different HW to vista than when booting in native mode.

Guest ѕиоѡ

Vmware Fusion 2 beta, no argue.

Runs on 2 cores and 1 GB RAM here, I use it to convert Xvids in ConvertXtoDVD.

I never shut it down, only suspend so you always continue session.

And above all, its bloody stable already.

Get it, use it, pay me.