Make Leopard HD Bootable by Kalyway

pdek

14 posts in this topic

just got my hands on a bootable CD called "Make Leopard HD Bootable" by Kalyway

has anyone seen this? i havent seen anyone talking about it.

I'm not sure if i should be installing it before installing Leopard or after...

any thoughts?

Latest two installs?

i have multiple disks to choose from (Kalyway 10.5, iATKOS 10.5, iATKOS 10.5 with bootfix) but they dont work since I cannot reboot after a successful install. I've tried to manully install a bootloader amongst many other things.

the JAS 10.4.8 AMD INTEL SSE2 SSE3 is the only disk that i was successfully able to install and reboot without difficulties.

Now I have the fun task of trying to update to 10.5. it's not going to be easy.... :P

anyway, back to your question.....what are the latest two installs? do you have the names so i can search.

thanks

thanks dude...i'm pretty sure i have the latest. i'm going to focus my efforts on just re-installing the JAS 10.4.8 and following what people say to update. if you have any thoughts on an easy way to update, would love to hear it.one thing i dont know, though, is how to make a 'patch' after i install JAS 10.4.8. i know they say that the update ruins the patch and we need to reinstall the patch from 10.4.8 to make it bootable again but i'm not sure how to make the patch and exactly what to patch. i have a 4 GB memory stick if that helps....by the way...real dumb questionafter a sucessful install, it says the computer is going to restart to complete installation. do we leave the install DVD in or do we want to remove it before it reboots? just curious...thanks

Informati0n for my IBM ThinkPad laptop

BIOS Version 2.06

BIOS Date 2006-11-20

Embedded Controller Version 1.07

CPU Type Genuine Intel® CPU T2500

CPU Speed 2.00 GHz

Installed Memory 1024MB

finding out that my sound doesnt work....:(

• 4 weeks later...

I seem to be having the same issue. I loaded a clean install form kalway 10.5.1 only using the EFI boot loader option. After the install is complete I still need the cd in the drive to boot off the HD. I have tried making the the partition active stuff and that did not fix it.

I noticed one thing though. When I load into the start up disk utility my internal drive is not there.....

Any thoughts?

Yes, they exact same thing happens to me. I install everything like I should.

Format with MBR, then select mandatory packages, EFI MBR, and Vanilla Kernels. (This is in Kalyway 10.5.1)

Yet, I reboot after install and it keeps on rebooting on me. Whether I use the disk or not. So now all I'll do is just not click anything and install, then I can boot into it, but only with the DVD. Also, on another note, it doesn't have the vanilla kernel so it tends to, every now and then, just freeze up at random moments and just say I've got to hold down the power button.

I am confused

I downloaded a package that included

Format & Make Bootable HD for Leopard.iso

and

iATKOS_v1.0i.iso

installing on new HD - I used the Format & HD

but there are no really good instructions on what to do

Try to fix your MBR, this did the trick for me (I have Leo on a seperate HD, no Multiboot)

Boot your DVD in Single user mode (hit F8 at startup: type -s )

type:

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 <press enter>

flag 1 <press enter>

update <press enter>

write <press enter>

quit <press enter>

reboot <press enter>

eject dvd, if all went right you should be able to boot from hd.

Try to fix your MBR, this did the trick for me (I have Leo on a seperate HD, no Multiboot)

Boot your DVD in Single user mode (hit F8 at startup: type -s )

type:

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 <press enter>

flag 1 <press enter>

update <press enter>

write <press enter>

quit <press enter>

reboot <press enter>

eject dvd, if all went right you should be able to boot from hd.

Thanks, I'm going to try this tomorrow. I had Kalyway 10.5.1 booting fine until I ran the Kalyway 10.5.2 update when the boot loader disappeared. I ended up doing a small Tiger install on a seperate partition just to give me the boot loader back.

The good news is 10.5.2 works great with all updates including the Kalyway vanilla kernel update.

The bad news is whenever I shut down I have to be there at restart to select the correct install to boot into.

I tried setting my Leo partition active using an Acronis boot disk and all I get is an endless reboot loop. Looks like my boot loader on the main partition has gone.

Will these steps put it back or do you think I need to take more drastic action?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
-aKy-'s instructions worked perfectly for me where others have failed, thanks a lot!

When I tried I got the message

error fdisk is not a recognized command

..or something along the lines of.

Can you please help me out?